wheaten terrier x staff ???

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.

Redfield.jpg

very nice dog d

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to En

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.    

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here a

Posted Images

Redfield.jpg

the red barron :notworthy:

crackin animal wat was he like round other dogs :showoff:

There is a need for a book covering the trials and the Irish strong dog , I enjoyed Darcy,s book , but I feel it only scratched the surface .

First hand accounts from those that were there , in depth analysis and comprehensive and clear breeding historys are whats needed .

Sharpen your pencil Bolio mate.

• Like 1

It sounds good in theory Stanleigh but most of the old timers are gone and the info along with them. It was a bygone era and the men involved sought no publicity so I wont either. Can you just imagine the upsurge of breedings that would be made using untested stock and all claiming lineage lifted straight from the pages of such a book? We've all heard the sales pitch of this or that modern day dog that was "never lifted at a trial", but many don't realise that's because many of these dogs were never run in trials.

There are older, more experienced men who would be far better qualified to document the history of those times than me, but I doubt they ever will.

• Like 1

"most of the old timers are gone & the info along with them ".

Be a shame for "all" them old timers to pass & leave the history writing to those that never even seen a trial. So much is lost already,as you say.

I understand your thoughts & reasons...............................unfortunately.

Every dog has its day. my dog is waiting for the day she can do what shes meant to maybe she will be dead before then but i will have bred her to a good dog and will have another. if the day never comes then atleast i have one of the best mates of my life

bolio 1 jus like to say tanx to u 4 ur honest posts they hav been of great help nice to hear from a man of ur experience u sound like a true dog man very honest and humble all the best 4 the future, lots of love nitestalker .

bolio 1 jus like to say tanx to u 4 ur honest posts they hav been of great help nice to hear from a man of ur experience u sound like a true dog man very honest and humble all the best 4 the future, lots of love nitestalker .

wats the lots of love shit u twat jus seems like the man knows he stuff tats all i was sayin why the smart shit :wallbash: