can a lurcher jump 6ft fencing

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my old dog could climb chain link and squaremesh runs had to roof hers.   but she could clear 6ft with the wifes cat in her mouth hanging by its tail

6ft isnt that much trouble for a decent sized Lurcher my 23 inch bitch will do 6ft no probs

ive recently had to get rid of one of mine because i couldnt keep him in kept jumping over my back gate and thats nearly seven foot the dog warden picked him up twice.so the answer is it depends how m

ive recently had to get rid of one of mine because i couldnt keep him in kept jumping over my back gate and thats nearly seven foot the dog warden picked him up twice.so the answer is it depends how much they want to get out .

• Like 1

Recently had a jack russel terrier that went over our 6ft featheredge fence to go play with the kids and their lab in the garden behind. My lurcher has never bothered but could easily clear it if he wanted.

Edited by yappy

As a kid my mate had a collie x that would climb a 6ft fence easy, he'd throw a tennis ball as far as he could down his street and his dog would garden hop every fence and retrieve the ball!! Good workout but I bet the neighbours foooking hated it lol

:laugh: ..........classic thread. Just wondered how high these lurchers can actually jump then, thats to anybody that said they clear 6ft 'by ease'.............and for the terrier 'clearing' yes 'clearing 6ft........ :laugh:

Mine can clear pheasant pen sections when encouraged but I bet I could keep him in a 4ft high pen or garden wall and he wouldn't jump out. I'd fix the fence if he could aswell, fancy getting rid of a dog because it could jump out :thumbdown:

• Like 1