HAYE VS KLITSCHKO

Whatever we think of any boxer , we must never forget , its a very lonely place in that ring for 3mins or 12 rounds wether its at a small venue or Vegas , especially when your taking a beating , ive a 6yr old and a 7yr old nephew and a 15yr old son who all recently boxed in front of a few hundred people , trust me Hayes arse would of been twitching just as theirs was , my respect goes out to anyone who climbs through those ropes .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats right...i cant believe some folk actually take all the build up seriously theres always a good guy bad guy build up in any big fight it sells tickets and in todays times pay per views. I really

klitschko he will punish him for being mouthy and disrespctful carnt wait

mouthy and disrepectfull sells tickets all part of the hype -- you could say ali was mouthy and disrepectfull to his opponents ... love or hate haye he`s a brit and i`d love to see all the belts on

Whatever we think of any boxer , we must never forget , its a very lonely place in that ring for 3mins or 12 rounds wether its at a small venue or Vegas , especially when your taking a beating , ive a 6yr old and a 7yr old nephew and a 15yr old son who all recently boxed in front of a few hundred people , trust me Hayes arse would of been twitching just as theirs was , my respect goes out to anyone who climbs through those ropes .

well said :thumbs: but your forgetting the fact that this is THL, its full of people who would "smash" your average boxer :D

• Like 2

He's got the boot off showing the toe :rolleyes:

should of got a note of his mam this morning and handed it to the ref early doors :whistling:

Tyson was on a downward spiral by the time he fought Lewis

So was Lewis. Lewis was the best around at that time but he was at the arse end of his career too. Had Tyson stuck to what they had agreed to do in the 90's then the fight would of happened then but he chose not to fight Lewis and fought the fearsome Bruce Seldon instead :blink: .

Lennox at his best and Tyson at his best, Lennox still wins IMO.

As for last nights fight between Haye and Klitschko, Haye was pushing off his back foot he ran the skirt off the ring so IMO the toe wasn't the problem, it was his tactics. He got the first part right, using movement but he needed to throw more punches when he committed to an attack, but he just didn't do it! He threw too many Wild single punches which isn't enough against an experienced champion like Klitschko, who seen the most of them coming from a mile off. Klitschko boxed smart and done what he needed to do fair play to him, but Haye for me could of done more and in all honesty I think his arse went for it a little bit, and was looking for help at each turn from the Ref.

Haye definitely could of done better and should of IMO, whether that would be enough to beat Klitschko is another thing, but for my money I really don't think he tried hard enough. Once your plan doesn't work, you need to start taking a few chances to get the win. I'd never slag a fighter off for doing the most he could do in a fight before losing, even if he is completely outclassed (Like Herbie Hide was against Bowe just as an example) but for someone who can do a lot more but didn't and chose to make excuses after is not good IMO.

The excuses after the bout were shameful IMHO.

should of got a note of his mam this morning and handed it to the ref early doors :whistling:

So was Lewis. Lewis was the best around at that time but he was at the arse end of his career too. Had Tyson stuck to what they had agreed to do in the 90's then the fight would of happened then but he chose not to fight Lewis and fought the fearsome Bruce Seldon instead :blink: .

As for last nights fight between Haye and Klitschko, Haye was pushing off his back foot he ran the skirt off the ring so IMO the toe wasn't the problem, it was his tactics. He got the first part right, using movement but he needed to throw more punches when he committed to an attack, but he just didn't do it! He threw too many Wild single punches which isn't enough against an experienced champion like Klitschko, who seen the most of them coming from a mile off. Klitschko boxed smart and done what he needed to do fair play to him, but Haye for me could of done more and in all honesty I think his arse went for it a little bit, and was looking for help at each turn from the Ref.

Haye definitely could of done better and should of IMO, whether that would be enough to beat Klitschko is another thing, but for my money I really don't think he tried hard enough. Once your plan doesn't work, you need to start taking a few chances to get the win. I'd never slag a fighter off for doing the most he could do in a fight before losing, even if he is completely outclassed (Like Herbie Hide was against Bowe just as an example) but for someone who can do a lot more but didn't and chose to make excuses after is not good IMO.

spot on both accounts :thumbs:

spot on both accounts :thumbs:

For me he just didn't fight like a man who was willing to put it all on the line! He was boxing for 3 quarters of the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world!!! The biggest prize in the sport! And the will to go above and beyond the call of duty just didn't seem to be there :no: .

The fight had its moments and there was some decent boxing and shots landed in parts, but after watching his performance I reckon Haye will be kicking himself (with his good foot) :rofl: If the heavyweight title did really mean anything to him.

Then as if that wasnt enough Haye committed the biggest sin of all......blaming losing a world heavyweight title fight on having a bad pinky toe :D .....that really was an insult to the many fighters who have fought through injury to win....

I remember Calzaghe winning a fight one handed after he broke his left one half way through, can't remember who it was against mind.. :hmm::thumbs:

Yep, and Danny Williams boxing with one shoulder dislocated, can't remember who that was against either.

how can any one want to be a heavy weight world champion and put up a pic of

his baby toe after fight you would not even see a cross country runner come up with that

a shame as i taught he had a good last round would of like one more from him

mack

For me he just didn't fight like a man who was willing to put it all on the line! He was boxing for 3 quarters of the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world!!! The biggest prize in the sport! And the will to go above and beyond the call of duty just didn't seem to be there :no: .

The fight had its moments and there was some decent boxing and shots landed in parts, but after watching his performance I reckon Haye will be kicking himself (with his good foot) :rofl: If the heavyweight title did really mean anything to him.

I try to have faith in the fact that every fighter at the highest level does his best to try to win his fight.....so for that reason i truly believe Haye just didnt have any other plan apart from the one he went in with.Adam Booth is looked at like some god like figure at the moment especially after the Groves/Degale thing...... its one thing going in with a good battleplan,but its a totally different thing to have to change that plan during a fight thats not going your way.....and in my opinion thats where Adam Booth,s naivety and lack of experience really showed last night.....can you imagine Angelo Dundee,Manny Steward,Eddie Futch....or even an experienced English trainer like Jimmy Tibbs or Brendan Ingle sending their fighter out in the 9th/10th round with nothing different to what they started with in a fight their man is clearly losing......It was clear from 3 or 4 rounds in how Klitchsko was going to deal with the threat yet nothing changed Haye just continued to stand off and occasionally reach in for 12 rounds.

Haye should have gone with one of the well known trainers ages ago but stuck with his mate....a good trainer doesnt just prepare a fighter for a fight he reads the fight and motivates/advises his man accordingly....Booth just doesnt have that tactical knowledge or experience.

I would like to think Haye did his best last night and maybe could or would never beat Klitchsko if they fought a hundred times.......but you would like to think if something didnt work he would try something else and that is the big let down for me.

Also.....A broken toe would be swollen and red at the time it happened,not 3 weeks later :doh: .....prat !

• Like 1

Yep, and Danny Williams boxing with one shoulder dislocated, can't remember who that was against either.

I was at that fight he fought Mark Potter at Wembley for the British Title his right shoulder popped out 2 or 3 times during the fight ended up knocking Potter out with a left hook.....very gutsy performance.

HIS COACH GOT THE TACTICS WRONG END OF STORY and had no back up plan

in saying that though haye by round five should have changed tack

and stayed in side , , talk the talk but could not walk the walk

he will regret his antics for a long time

How long will 15 million quid last? That's what he was fighting for, not the belts.

How long will 15 million quid last? That's what he was fighting for, not the belts.

all depends on how many white drop tops and bling he buys :big_boss: