Golf coarses

Thanks all for the great advice, think I'm gonna shoot them on the coarse for a while, the dangers make me think that it's only a matter of time till I learn the hard way, he has hit a bunker on there before, fortunately he was just bruesed but seeing how that can turn out definately puts me off.. stick to fields I think, thanks again. D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waste of fcuken time, also could be the end of your dog should he have mishap of hitting a bunker, happened to a local lad here and he wont look at another course. Dog snapped his neck afer hitting th

Spot on. Personally, i keep away from golf courses, your just asking for trouble.!!

iam a 42 par so ye i do...lol fast bunnys need a fast dog

Thanks all for the great advice, think I'm gonna shoot them on the coarse for a while, the dangers make me think that it's only a matter of time till I learn the hard way, he has hit a bunker on there before, fortunately he was just bruesed but seeing how that can turn out definately puts me off.. stick to fields I think, thanks again. D

Good stuff mate :thumbs: Been good stuff written on this thred, the dangers are many, a quick way to sicken a young dog and a very flustrated owner who is wondering as to why his poor mutt can't catch.... so take heed..! :no:

i was a greenkeeper on a local course to me for 7 years which was good for me and dogs,but it did take a full season for the dogs to learn the ground,the following season they where all on form and i found the dogs to be even better on normal ground,at the time of working there i was runing a bullx a salukix and beddyx stick at it mate because 1 good thing is get a permission slip off the head greenkeeper or chairman of club and when shown to farmers they see you can be trusted on land atb

Good stuff mate :thumbs: Been good stuff written on this thred, the dangers are many, a quick way to sicken a young dog and a very flustrated owner who is wondering as to why his poor mutt can't catch.... so take heed..! :no:

Spot on Bosun........pick your slips carefully :thumbs:

somebody may have already said it but there very dangerous places for dogs my mate lost a fine bullx to a sand bunker unless you know the course well enough i wouldnt even attempt it i run on the driving range big open field and know hiddin obsticales but happy hunting

atb digginmad

don't think it makes rabbs. any faster, just makes it a lot harder for dog to find grip for turning on, as grass like running on a carpet! also agree it's very dangerous for dogs, trees, bunkers, rakes left in bunkers too!

Very true pluss it was on a golf course i slipped and broke mi fekin ankle nearly 12 months ago lol.

don't think it makes rabbs. any faster, just makes it a lot harder for dog to find grip for turning on, as grass like running on a carpet! also agree it's very dangerous for dogs, trees, bunkers, rakes left in bunkers too!

Those rakes,not only dangerous to the dog but to you as well.As i found out when much to my mates amusment i trod on one & in true comedy style,it swung up & hit me in the mouth.I got my own back though last time we went on.He was shooting & brought his black with him.We spot a bunny & he crouches down to take the shot.I say,let me have the dog.No it's ok,he says.He takes the shot & as soon as the gun goes off,his lab is off like a greyhound with him still holding onto the lead.Pulled him flat on his face in a patch of mud.I did'nt laugh,much.

the trouble with rakes is that they are not always left in the bunkers more often than not they are just thrown to the side,another obstacle the dog has to contend with,also some flag poles are left out on the last round of the night people leave them out knowing the keepers will be cutting the greens at first light and remove them thinking they are doing him a favour

Feckin deer are easier to catch on golf courses than rabbits(not that I would of course), Total nightmare that will dishearten the dog in no time.

I have a coupla playin fields that are just as bad.Shooting is a better bet.

ATB