African Lion Bow Kill

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not my sort of hunting, but each to their own.

Not my type of hunting either, But these big game reserves were people pay £££ to shoot Lions, Rhinos etc.. have actualy played a big part in boosting the wild population numbers of many animals in

so many anti comments on this thread.   any wonder fox cant be hunted when hunters turn on their own .   nice one lads , keep it up . you wont be happy until they done shooting and fishing aswell

Posted Images

pity its parents didnt turn up and maul the wanker

Why would someone who enjoys and understands their hunting, say something like that?

just my opinion mate,dont agree with killing lions and certainly not with a bow and arrow

maybe a bold statement for a hunting site but there you go.

same here mate, its hard to slag them off when we all hunt in one form or another. :yes: But not for me!!

i think those lions see so many tourists that they think nothing of people following them, not my cup of tea but if thats what your into, best of luck, by the way i saw a stuffed full lion on e bay the other day, starting price was 41000 dollars

AFT wants to know how much for a stuffed Brillo Pad....:thumbs:

Why would someone who enjoys and understands their hunting, say something like that?

just my opinion mate,dont agree with killing lions and certainly not with a bow and arrow

Anti with a pet ferret what likes to catch rats and thinks it's the only true blood sport! :icon_eek:

lol an anti man you are one deluded brain dead yank.

if you knew me you would realise how funny calling me anti was.

dont have a pet ferret either they dont even have names.not knocking anyone who does btw.

oh and i wouldnt near a rat with my poleys.

i think those lions see so many tourists that they think nothing of people following them, not my cup of tea but if thats what your into, best of luck, by the way i saw a stuffed full lion on e bay the other day, starting price was 41000 dollars

AFT wants to know how much for a stuffed Brillo Pad....:thumbs:

there alot harded to stalk than a sleepy lion, and they only live in a badger set at the bottom of my garden, i'll sell you one for 6000000000000000000000000000000000000 dollars :thumbs:

Anti with a pet ferret what likes to catch rats and thinks it's the only true blood sport! :icon_eek:

dont have a pet ferret either they dont even have names.not knocking anyone who does btw.

you must be a great hunter, too hard core to name your ferrets, and i bet you don't even use nets, you just stand there with a samuri sword in your real tree y fronts. just wait till i tell my ferrets about this, flopsey and snuggles won't belive me :thumbs:

Just watched the video, Lion didn't look drugged or tame to me. :no: To me it just looked like it was eyeing the hunter and guide up with the confidence & fearlessness that comes with being top of the food chain. It's ears were upright and alert, as as any cat owner will tell you, a cat in distress or dozy would hold it's ears flat to it's head.

Like others has said, It's not my type of thing but each to their own.

Edited by maltenby

you must be a great hunter, too hard core to name your ferrets, and i bet you don't even use nets, you just stand there with a samuri sword in your real tree y fronts. just wait till i tell my ferrets about this, flopsey and snuggles won't belive me :thumbs:

none of the above ya weirdo

Not my type of hunting either, But these big game reserves were people pay £££ to shoot Lions, Rhinos etc.. have actualy played a big part in boosting the wild population numbers of many animals in Africa, and that I can't argue with.

• Like 2

Ok, i must admit i really hate the videos on youtube. Looked at a couple of links from that video and i am disgusted. For a start off, that clip posted is not Bowhunting. Its some dizzy fool shooting a tame lion with a bow. There is a big difference. Theres no way a bloke in a white shirt and whole camera crew making all that noise could possibly just walk up on a healthhy lion.

The people who are videoing and promoting such unethical behaviour are not sportsmen. They want money and nothing else. That silly sod probably paid $50,000 to walk up and shoot that lion. And it means jack shit! Its not fair chase. I have nothng against a wild lion being taken with a bow, indeed, i think it is a great way of harvesting animals, but not when things are so artificial.

Furthermore, the clip attatched to it was of the idiots shooting hippos with bow and arrow in the water. Then chasing it in a boat. Again, total shambles that some fool has paid $15,000 for. Can these people not see that doing such things and videoing them will turn the world against hunting and associate bowhunting with this kind of unsporting and unsavoury element.

One more video on the link was basically a load of africans throwing many many spears at animals that had either been tethered by a wire noose or incapacitated first with a shot. And i have to say i hope the person who did this gets his comeuppance. I mean, just who in their right mind wants to film and participate with such monsterosities. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

The bowhunting fraternity world wide need to start a serious regime of self regulation IMO.

Shame on mankind....

Yep, what Darcy said, any mug who can walk upto a lion like that with all that noise isn't hunting a wild animal. No problem with hunting lions, but at least try not to kid yourself or others that walking within 20 yards of that lion is hunting.............Like fishing for trout in a bucket or shooting a stag in a dog kennel..........

bloody sad .just another caned hunt! druged up lion for some rich kid to shoot and trophy!

brought the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in for someone though :nono:

You've hit the nail right on the head there mate, totally agree 100%. There was a program on canned hunting a couple of years ago. It's a shame and not for me at all.

Whenever i hunt/shoot it's for pest control and the meat is used to feed me the ferrets or the dogs, except for the foxes!!!.