Carl Williams

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

Never heard of the guy or his breed, but nowt wrong with grews !

They'll take a hare or roe, exciting to watch , but break a lot easier than a purpose bred lurcher.

Usually lack stamina , but fine if you want a quick course, on and off the field before it comes on top.

Cheers.

• Like 9
On 14/05/2021 at 23:59, chartpolski said:

Usually lack stamina

The 1st cross whippet greyhounds I've owned never lacked stamina.  Now, I wouldn't think so charts, but are/were you mistaking lack of stamina to lack of fitness, which most people do?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

The whippet x greyhounds longdogs are good honest, keen working running dogs.strong and bold enough to knock clean over and subsequently claim strong brown hares in the winter months coupled to the fact that they are fantastic catch dogs by day or on the lamp.perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but I found them to be good working running dogs and was a true devotee to them

• Like 1

Nice three quarter bred bro the actual end product of a bloodline of whippet x greyhounds hybrids nothing more than that should be added to their breeding ingredients for you loose a considerable amount of lighting speed and stamina good luck bro yours in sport 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

The 1st cross whippet greyhounds I've owned never lacked stamina.  Now, I wouldn't think so charts, but are/were mistaking lack of stamina to lack of fitness, which most people do?

I can only go by personal experience, and the grews I've seen would give a few exceptional runs on hares, but tire far quicker than a purpose bred lurcher. These dogs were exceptionally fit, but bred and trained for the track.

Im no expert, and others, like yourself, will have different views and experience which I fully understand and respect ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, shaaark said:

The 1st cross whippet greyhounds I've owned never lacked stamina.  Now, I wouldn't think so charts, but are/were mistaking lack of stamina to lack of fitness, which most people do?

grews good up and at em types mate but definately lack stamina  

the staminar thing depends on what your running....if you want a dog that can put 5 mins in on a hare then forget anything that aint coursing bred.....if you want something exciting for 2 mins....then a grew will do it ...

and theres no reason they couldnt knock 30 rabbits over on the lamp twice a week....

but staminar is subjective...to what you as the owner want out of a dog..

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

grews good up and at em types mate but definately lack stamina  

Don't be such a hater ?

2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

the staminar thing depends on what your running....if you want a dog that can put 5 mins in on a hare then forget anything that aint coursing bred.....if you want something exciting for 2 mins....then a grew will do it ...

and theres no reason they couldnt knock 30 rabbits over on the lamp twice a week....

but staminar is subjective...to what you as the owner want out of a dog..

Good post that tomo.  Saved me from writing something very similar lol.

Edited by shaaark
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Don't be such a hater ?

Good post that tomo.  Saved me from writing something very similar lol.

yeh i like them mate...you just have to use a bit of common sense if your running one....mind i like watching greyhounds as well in the field....bloody exciting to watch

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

yeh i like them mate...you just have to use a bit of common sense if your running one....mind i like watching greyhounds as well in the field....bloody exciting to watch

That's it, common sense.  ?

• Like 1