puppy prices

i was just reading the nuttall's zulu thread and the price of pups came up. the price of a nuttall pup seems to be £200/£250. i bought a pup off him 3 years ago, it was £200 then. now i was wondering how much you guys think a decent pup of working breeding is worth at 6/8 weeks old. not just nuttalls, im talking any working bred terrier pups?? how much would you be happy to pay?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As

go away boy and don't be talking your shite on here.you know nothing about what your talking about.stay quiet your only making a fool of yourself.

Posted Images

i find around 150 a reasonable price(if i were breeding and someone outside of my mates wanted one then it would be around there,for a mate either nowt or for cost of docking,jabs etc depending how skint i was).

i paid 130 for my russel i think :hmm:

if people want to pay 250+ for a pup then thats fine(without pedigree i would not be so quick to spend that on a dog tbh unless it was something special,i found the teckel x spaniel add a few weeks ago to be ok for example).

waidmann

i was just reading the nuttall's zulu thread and the price of pups came up. the price of a nuttall pup seems to be £200/£250. i bought a pup off him 3 years ago, it was £200 then. now i was wondering how much you guys think a decent pup of working breeding is worth at 6/8 weeks old. not just nuttalls, im talking any working bred terrier pups?? how much would you be happy to pay?

The reason for anyone breeding, should be to keep a pup themselfs so all costs involved in producing a litter is the money for the pup you keep.

Other surplus pups should be placed FOC into trusted kennels were they are worked to a standard and if the standard acheived a pup or stud is always offered back in latter years.

Money and Digging Dogs should not be in the same sentance IMO

If you want to make money from pups breed KC pet dogs.

smelly dog you have misunderstood my reason for posting, im not asking for your opinion on wheither you think anyone should or should not buy/sell a pup, i was asking how much people are prepared to pay for a decent pup as i personally think 200+ quid is way too much. if you wouldnt buy a pup then you have no answer to my question so dont stick your nose in with your bullshit opinion. im not looking to make money from breeding dogs, i breed for myself and my mates

The reason for anyone breeding, should be to keep a pup themselfs so all costs involved in producing a litter is the money for the pup you keep.

Other surplus pups should be placed FOC into trusted kennels were they are worked to a standard and if the standard acheived a pup or stud is always offered back in latter years.

Money and Digging Dogs should not be in the same sentance IMO

If you want to make money from pups breed KC pet dogs.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: agree 100% with this post ... when ive had to sell a dog (not pups) ive always offered it to my mates for free first before putting it up for sale

personally i have never sold a pup,but have nothing against people who wish to do so,especialy if there putting wel bred pups out there,how much i think depends on how well a pup is bred and who its going to.close friends and people you trust,nowt or pup down the line if need be,or if your a bit stuck as many are in these times enough to cover price of jabs,feeding,etc,strangers i dont think 200+ is asking too much,if there serious about terrier work the chance of owning a well bred pup for this sort of money isnt asking a lot,what about the big money, pups off well bred running dogs go for,100s and sometimes 1000s,with lads queing up to buy them,in my opinion a terrier which is expected to put its life on the line EVERY time it goes to work is worth something,if the owner sees fit to charge

smelly dog you have misunderstood my reason for posting, im not asking for your opinion on wheither you think anyone should or should not buy/sell a pup, i was asking how much people are prepared to pay for a decent pup as i personally think 200+ quid is way too much. if you wouldnt buy a pup then you have no answer to my question so dont stick your nose in with your bullshit opinion. im not looking to make money from breeding dogs, i breed for myself and my mates

My bullshit opinion is, How can you put a price on all your hopes, in money terms they are priceless, no one could give me enough to buy the pup I have all my hopes in.

Smile and enjoy :clapper:

i paid 180 for my bitch she a pat a lot ov monny thinkin about it now but she was my first terrier and i dint wont to wait lol but she has turned out a good bitch no big names just from rattin stuff best 180 i have ever spent she 2 now and has nether seen a rat lol but she has been dug to about 7 time so thats me happy atb :thumbs:

Its very hard to picture a sum of 200 or 300 quid changing hands for a pup ,something which ive never done right form the start .I feel that the more the pup costs ,the higher the expectation ,the bigger the regret if its useless .No wonder certain breeders have to give a refund at those prices.However ,if the pup turns out a goodun and breeds gooduns ,what price can you put on that ? I always offer to jab the pup thats a lads keeping when offered a pup but in most cases even that is turned down .

atleast dick turpin bothered to wear a mask!!

just out of intrest did you buy for work or show, or perhaps both?

FOC to folks you know...its the way the proper working terrier world goes round.