• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

I just found my only copy of Whippet News June 1990, theres a photo of Henry Dobie with Indian joe who i see was bred Tyrone X Stags choice, its probably mentioned on here already but Tyrone appears to have been a good stud, maybe its about time someone brought a book out on whippet racing, as this post has made excellent reading.

And what a real shame pictures like this aren't being taken in the winter today : ( , bag of bloody shat bags , I was telling my mum what the hunting ban actually covered and she was gob smacked although she would probablly never go digging or trail the hounds across country she would enjoy watching decent honest folks running there dogs on a crisp winters morning R.I.P a way of life lost but let's hope not forever ,

this is an article from an old whippet news also

whittingham stake final

dogs in the slips, WALKER and SACHA

just before the off.The judge in the background take up postion

pic1-65.jpg

After three years of waiting , on 24th january "81, i finally made it to the whippet coursing meet

Major Ward had given his permission.on the last day of the shooting season , to the east anglian whippet coursing club, to use his whittingham hall grounds for this edvent

the coursers were divided into three groups , the first being for the whittingham stakes ( open class )

the final was won by WALKER who showed class in the first round and went on to a tight -run final.This was a re course as two hares got up in the first attempt

with WALKER & SASHA ,the finalists taking one each,, the judge declared a non event

pic2-54.jpg

The puppy final or sonny stakes was won by SANDY ,another fine courser.These youngsters went well and what the lack in experance they make up for in enthusiam. POLLYDODDLE being the beat finalist.

pic3-47.jpg

the one thing that owners did without comment was abide by the decisions of mr ron monk,the judge

this is very important part of sport,after all do make mistakes somtimes but it is not for the owner to make a song and dance about rons judging position was always correct

the ground was very wet with heavy plough, but hares were pleantyful,but i can imagine ,on a day when there not,this would cause alot of walking with owners and dogs

fullmarks to the slipper who always gave the hare a distance start

anyone no of a dog called fatboy slim spose to be a good dog, my dad just got a pup out of him? thanks

Yes it belongs to Andrew Pockett, its the litter brother to Insane Jane a flying machine for its weight :thumbs: its been to quite afew bitches, which bitch did your dad get a pup out of?

So did we find out the fastest whippet or not lol is there a hall of fame for these dogs a sort of fastest of all time

I don't think there is a Hall of Fame thing for Whippets, that includes the fastest times. I would think the fastest at the moment is a dog called Loves Lockdown, which is breaking Greyhound track records on the bends, not sure how it does on the 150 yards straight track, though. It's a big dog, and some people might not class it as a "Whippet", but if the BWRA doe's, then it's their rules, and that's what counts !

Cheers.

I just found my only copy of Whippet News June 1990, theres a photo of Henry Dobie with Indian joe who i see was bred Tyrone X Stags choice, its probably mentioned on here already but Tyrone appears to have been a good stud, maybe its about time someone brought a book out on whippet racing, as this post has made excellent reading.

And what a real shame pictures like this aren't being taken in the winter today : ( , bag of bloody shat bags , I was telling my mum what the hunting ban actually covered and she was gob smacked although she would probablly never go digging or trail the hounds across country she would enjoy watching decent honest folks running there dogs on a crisp winters morning R.I.P a way of life lost but let's hope not forever ,

whittingham stake final

pic1-65.jpg

After three years of waiting , on 24th january "81, i finally made it to the whippet coursing meet

Major Ward had given his permission.on the last day of the shooting season , to the east anglian whippet coursing club, to use his whittingham hall grounds for this edvent

the coursers were divided into three groups , the first being for the whittingham stakes ( open class )

the final was won by WALKER who showed class in the first round and went on to a tight -run final.This was a re course as two hares got up in the first attempt

with WALKER & SASHA ,the finalists taking one each,, the judge declared a non event

pic2-54.jpg

The puppy final or sonny stakes was won by SANDY ,another fine courser.These youngsters went well and what the lack in experance they make up for in enthusiam. POLLYDODDLE being the beat finalist.

pic3-47.jpg

the one thing that owners did without comment was abide by the decisions of mr ron monk,the judge

this is very important part of sport,after all do make mistakes somtimes but it is not for the owner to make a song and dance about rons judging position was always correct

the ground was very wet with heavy plough, but hares were pleantyful,but i can imagine ,on a day when there not,this would cause alot of walking with owners and dogs

here,s another link for ya jamie m,,,some photos there,,,i think it mention,s east anglian whippet coursing club ive mentioned above ,,,i think there was a good few years waiting list to become a member there http://www.google.co...3pApKehVRL_01ag

and i found the finalist WALKER AND SACHA whippet lines that were mentioned above, they were reg with the BWRA but not reg in whippet archives,,,,one reason them being , whippet crosses

Edited by whip x grey

So did we find out the fastest whippet or not lol is there a hall of fame for these dogs a sort of fastest of all time

I don't think there is a Hall of Fame thing for Whippets, that includes the fastest times. I would think the fastest at the moment is a dog called Loves Lockdown, which is breaking Greyhound track records on the bends, not sure how it does on the 150 yards straight track, though. It's a big dog, and some people might not class it as a "Whippet", but if the BWRA doe's, then it's their rules, and that's what counts !

Cheers.

well if defo not me who has the one,,,lol

its like saying who has the best lurcher,,,sulik cross or bull cross , deerhound cross ect ect ect,,,,the,ll never be just the one,,,they will be a few ,,,plls rate and other dont ect ect

• Like 1

anyone no of a dog called fatboy slim spose to be a good dog, my dad just got a pup out of him? thanks

Yes it belongs to Andrew Pockett, its the litter brother to Insane Jane a flying machine for its weight :thumbs: its been to quite afew bitches, which bitch did your dad get a pup out of?

adamant kim mate. do you no the bitch?

whittingham stake final

pic1-65.jpg

pic2-54.jpg

pic3-47.jpg

makes you wonder when you see the ground there running with them bob bet there not many with dog,s that would fancy running the heavy seeded parks with that breed put,s alot of people of but doesnt there ?

whittingham stake final

pic1-65.jpg

pic2-54.jpg

pic3-47.jpg

makes you wonder when you see the ground there running with them bob bet there not many with dog,s that would fancy running the heavy seeded parks with that breed put,s alot of people of but doesnt there ?

toe,s and feet come to mind mate?

Yes I think it belongs to Malcolm Clarke, its the half sister to the bitch I bred our Sheila from they both had the same sire Droopys Kewell.

Adamant Kim came out of Droopys Kewell x Mega Joy, in my eyes Droopys Kewell is the bee's knees :yes:

thats the litter m clarke bred shes a greyhound bitch saw the pics fatboy slim great little dog

got a pup out of his father just friends 15week old

Yes I think it belongs to Malcolm Clarke, its the half sister to the bitch I bred our Sheila from they both had the same sire Droopys Kewell.

Adamant Kim came out of Droopys Kewell x Mega Joy, in my eyes Droopys Kewell is the bee's knees :yes:

yeh thats it mate i dont no the owner but my old man does, a nice little pup,he will be racing it next year. thanks