the fastest whippet in the country ????

Come on lads, back on topic :thumbs:

exactly well said geoff, i'll try and get it back on track asking you a serious constructive question. we all know your non ped / grew bitches are top class, fast and fiery, whats your reasoning taking them to beddie blood. i personally as you know love the idea but your thoughts would be good

cheers mate

Well basically, I had them in the 70's and they were perfect for my type of mouching.

Also I want something with the speed of a non-ped whippet, but with a coat.I know there's loads of other crosses I could use to get the coat, but Bedlington was top of my list :thumbs: Just keeping my fingers crossed now.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

4 days and counting down, there's some more pics of her on here somewhere :thumbs:

Can't wait, can waste hours of an evening watching and feeling pups moving about :boogie:

aha now magical dreams,,,,,now there,s a non ped for u cocker,,,,if that what u decide,,,,,this dog is a big hit in ireland,,,,and irish guys aint daft ,,,,plus they run there dogs ,,,longer distance,s,,,,,,,this dog will have the speed also,,,and nearer u,,,, :thumbs:

MAGICALDREAMS.jpg

How much whippet has this dog got in it ???

cheers mate, i'm toying with the idea of using paddy (bobs 1st cross you bred) on my 3/8beardieborder5/8 greyhound 24 1/2 in and 45lb shes ace in just about every way but lacks a wee bit on flatter running ground, on rough pasture, dunes and the like she's had over 3000 rabbits a natural retriever and touch wood at nearly 4 great feet again your thoughts

4 days and counting down, there's some more pics of her on here somewhere :thumbs:

Can't wait, can waste hours of an evening watching and feeling pups moving about :boogie:

aha now magical dreams,,,,,now there,s a non ped for u cocker,,,,if that what u decide,,,,,this dog is a big hit in ireland,,,,and irish guys aint daft ,,,,plus they run there dogs ,,,longer distance,s,,,,,,,this dog will have the speed also,,,and nearer u,,,, :thumbs:

MAGICALDREAMS.jpg

his dam according to the data base is more than 3/4 greyhound (and i raced against some of her relations) and his sire is full greyhound

breaking it into fractions he is just more than 14/16ths greyhound

MAGICALDREAMS.jpg

his dam according to the data base is more than 3/4 greyhound (and i raced against some of her relations) and his sire is full greyhound

breaking it into fractions he is just more than 14/16ths greyhound

So hes nigh on a pure greyhound wich must be an advantage in certain races.

So he's basicaly a Greyhound ? Nothing wrong with that, we tried for years to get the Greyhound speed into the Whippet size! I raced an unregistered Greyhound bitch at the Whippet tracks in the 70's; she was about 23" and 40lb.... wouldn't look out of place at all now, not with the insane 55lb limit the BWRA has !

Cheers.

So he's basicaly a Greyhound ? Nothing wrong with that, we tried for years to get the Greyhound speed into the Whippet size! I raced an unregistered Greyhound bitch at the Whippet tracks in the 70's; she was about 23" and 40lb.... wouldn't look out of place at all now, not with the insane 55lb limit the BWRA has !

Cheers.

Its not a whippet though is it.The old boys i grew up around would never have tried to pass a near pure greyhound off as a non ped whippet.
cheers for that mate i dont want to do nothing serious with him i just want to see how he compares to a racing dog plus it will a good day out for me and my kids
Wansbeck greyhound track @ Cambois in Northumberland There's some non-ped whippet racing at Cambois tomorrow from about 12.30 ish, if you go give us a shout

post code NE24 1 SW

i will not be there tomorrow but i will try and get there next week mate cheers

Cheers.

Its not a whippet though is it.The old boys i grew up around would never have tried to pass a near pure greyhound off as a non ped whippet.

As I said earlier, some tracks up here, years ago, didn't care if your dog was a Whippet, Greyhound or Lurcher, as long as it fit in the trap. I, personaly, think the BWRA sold it's soul when it raised the wheight limit from 32lb to 55lb !! For gods sake, smaller Greyhounds have won the Waterloo Cup !! I think they should have kept the 32lb limit for all racing . That would have made people think twice about breeding 3/4 Greyhounds. If a dog made the 32lb limit, it wouldn;t matter how much Greyhound was in it, but there would be a lot of wastage in litters. The ones that went over could run in Club Racing.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

As I said earlier, some tracks up here, years ago, didn't care if your dog was a Whippet, Greyhound or Lurcher, as long as it fit in the trap. I, personaly, think the BWRA sold it's soul when it raised the wheight limit from 32lb to 55lb !! For gods sake, smaller Greyhounds have won the Waterloo Cup !! I think they should have kept the 32lb limit for all racing . That would have made people think twice about breeding 3/4 Greyhounds. If a dog made the 32lb limit, it wouldn;t matter how much Greyhound was in it, but there would be a lot of wastage in litters. The ones that went over could run in Club Racing.

Cheers.

Agreed .atb dell

Cheers.

Cheers.

I have not been involved with whippet racing for a few years so am not up to date with it but a man who still races was telling me that they have changed the rules and i dont think you can run a first x whippet/greyhound no more. Anyone know if this is true. Everybody has there favorite whippets they have seen run but my favorite was actualy a bitch 'kerrys Dream'.

there should be a weight limit and size as whipps were always under 30 odd poundes and over that across bred grew ,cause the skill i thought was to have asmall dog but fast etc ,were as a big dog up to 50 is just a small greyhound realy ,in the end if youre looking for a big grew forty plus they make grand bitches to breed into decent sized lurchers , whippets fasinate me the real ones not the spindly little toy type but the real racing strong but small pocket rockets as they say

Cheers.

Cheers.

I have not been involved with whippet racing for a few years so am not up to date with it but a man who still races was telling me that they have changed the rules and i dont think you can run a first x whippet/greyhound no more. Anyone know if this is true. Everybody has there favorite whippets they have seen run but my favorite was actualy a bitch 'kerrys Dream'.

Yes you can race first x whippet greyhounds my friend, what you can't do is breed a dog/bitch back to a full greyhound if it came out of a greyhound, there must be a 3 generation gap before you can go back to a full greyhound and rightfully so :yes: imo