japanese akita x greyhound

These dogs, and others with a bad reputation,are usually overly aggressive because they are in the wrong hands.

dogs of this type need the right upbringing and need an outlet for their strong hunting/guarding instincts.

the "dealers" etc seen with the tight lead "dog on a stick" or urban dwellers giving the dog 10 mins round the block do little to give the dogs an outlet for their instincts. Hence the problems.

these types of dogs kept "busy" are a different story.

In this case i think the cross would not suit the average hunter unless used to the max,and very regularly imo.

Get a feking grip Stormy boy and pick up on whats been written about phyisical ability for starters!!! :laugh:

Never seen one. yet. wouldnt be my choice as a small vermin dog but i dont think thats what any right thinking small vermin hunter would breed them for. horses for courses. As i said they would need a lot of hard work and would be happy and stable. Think about it-bored dogs=destructive dogs.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just boars either  

It would of raped it

I've heard the "Saluki" theory also. But also heard the supposedly original breeder had mated his dog, which was called "Arab" with a bull type. "Arab" wasn't Saluki, but the name, as you say, added t

Posted Images

All akitas are any good for is turning good dog food into shit i fekin hate them pity most are owned by council estate idiots but thank fully they seem to be going out of fashion.IMHO crossing one with a greyhound wont produce any thing thats already better than wats out their then again somebodys crossed malmutes with a greyhound and their claiming to be very good.

whats wrong with council estates like we cant all buy our houses you stuck up c**t

AKITAS HAVE TAKEN OFF BIG STYLE IN WEST OF SCOTLAND & AS WERE TALKING ABOUT A £5/6OO PUP HERE I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT MANY PEOPLE IN PRIVATE ESTATES ALSO FIND THEM VERY POPULAR?. COUNCIL ESTATES INDEED, I THINK THAT U WILL FIND THAT LURCHERS WERE MOSTLY OWNED BY WORKING CLASS PEOPLE FM COUNCIL ESTATES. IM FM A COUNCIL ESTATE MYSELF & PROUD OF IT.

These dogs, and others with a bad reputation,are usually overly aggressive because they are in the wrong hands.

dogs of this type need the right upbringing and need an outlet for their strong hunting/guarding instincts.

the "dealers" etc seen with the tight lead "dog on a stick" or urban dwellers giving the dog 10 mins round the block do little to give the dogs an outlet for their instincts. Hence the problems.

these types of dogs kept "busy" are a different story.

In this case i think the cross would not suit the average hunter unless used to the max,and very regularly imo.

Get a feking grip Stormy boy and pick up on whats been written about phyisical ability for starters!!! :laugh:

Never seen one. yet. wouldnt be my choice as a small vermin dog but i dont think thats what any right thinking small vermin hunter would breed them for. horses for courses. As i said they would need a lot of hard work and would be happy and stable. Think about it-bored dogs=destructive dogs.

THE ORIGINAL THREAD MENTIONED THEY COULD BE USED 4 HUNTING BIG GAME(IN THE UK???)!!! IMAGINE SETTING UP UR NETS 4 A DAYS FERRRTING???WITH UR AKITA X GREYHOUND IN TOW??NONSENSE,TOTAL NONSENSE!!!

All akitas are any good for is turning good dog food into shit i fekin hate them pity most are owned by council estate idiots but thank fully they seem to be going out of fashion.IMHO crossing one with a greyhound wont produce any thing thats already better than wats out their then again somebodys crossed malmutes with a greyhound and their claiming to be very good.

whats wrong with council estates like we cant all buy our houses you stuck up c**t

hahahaha so fukin funy round my council estates on fuker as even herd of an akita let alone aford to get 1 all the rich c**ts got them and evry thing iv red about this breed wood say its a shit breed to put to a grey :wallbash:

here goes.....the guy who got me into running dogs an lurchers is a good friend ,the type of guy who you would be glad to have as a friend..he was out walking his 2 lurchers..murphy (grewXwhippet) an bow(collieXgrey)..an akita(owned by a known smack dealer an local fcukin idiot)attacked my mate an got hold of his calf muscle...nearly ripped his calf off while dragging him down an embankment(an hes about 14 stone)..his two wee lurchers who were elsewhere havin a mooch heard him shoutin an tried to help him ,...bow end up wi his neck an shoulder crushed from bites an wwe muff had his back leg hanging off..both dogs were PTS.. an this prick still has the dog as long as its kept on a lead!!!!!!!(fcukin courts!!)..this w story was covered in a national newspaper about 3 1/2 years ago...a wouldnt touch this breed with a 10ft pole...a must say a always try to remain objective cos a was brought up with pure bred bull terriers so am well aware of the stigma of owning certain types of dogs...d.. al.. a wouldnt want to own a dog of this breeding...(ps that akita went on to attack a further 5 people including a child in a pram!!!!!)..a can only speak from this experience as am no expert on akitas but a wouldnt like to own one......all the best...chris...

here goes.....the guy who got me into running dogs an lurchers is a good friend ,the type of guy who you would be glad to have as a friend..he was out walking his 2 lurchers..murphy (grewXwhippet) an bow(collieXgrey)..an akita(owned by a known smack dealer an local fcukin idiot)attacked my mate an got hold of his calf muscle...nearly ripped his calf off while dragging him down an embankment(an hes about 14 stone)..his two wee lurchers who were elsewhere havin a mooch heard him shoutin an tried to help him ,...bow end up wi his neck an shoulder crushed from bites an wwe muff had his back leg hanging off..both dogs were PTS.. an this prick still has the dog as long as its kept on a lead!!!!!!!(fcukin courts!!)..this w story was covered in a national newspaper about 3 1/2 years ago...a wouldnt touch this breed with a 10ft pole...a must say a always try to remain objective cos a was brought up with pure bred bull terriers so am well aware of the stigma of owning certain types of dogs...d.. al.. a wouldnt want to own a dog of this breeding...(ps that akita went on to attack a further 5 people including a child in a pram!!!!!)..a can only speak from this experience as am no expert on akitas but a wouldnt like to own one......all the best...chris...

That's disgusting. It needed taken out of circulation. Met one again last night while walking. The guy who had it pulled it onto the road while I walked past, I could hear it growling. I never looked it straight in the eye but I do beleive it was me it was watching rather than my dogs. Chilling stuff.

Try telling the Scandinavians or Russians that the spitz types are no good off the lead!! :censored::wallbash: They would think you were mentally retarded! They are THE most popular hunting dogs over there!

And from what ive seen, the Laika breeds are the best hunting dogs out of them all. Also the Scandanavian elk hounds are a decent hunting dog.

Most of the spitz/husky types have a primitive hunting instinct and style, and also the primitive fear of strange dogs. Some are worse than others in this respect, but the fact that these dogs are being kept in PET homes will not do them any favours whatsoever and its not suprising at all to hear of dog killers etc, as they are naturally dogs of wide open spaces, who like to have the freedom to hunt out.

Ive hunted in most countries and with most types of dogs over the years, and belive me when I say that the husky and spitz types can hunt! Though I have no experience of the Akita as a working breed, though they do have an avid following worldwide.

In my mind, the husky and spitz breeds would possibly make a good longdog cross if you hunted game over large areas, wooded country, hill ground etc, id think they would be wasted on a slip lead all their lives, as they live for the hunt.

From what everyone is saying here, the akita sounds like a bad idea, and probably the worst out of all the spitz/husky type dogs. I would think that the likelyhood of them being dog aggressive would be good enough reason for them to be dismissed as a valid choise?

just to play devils advocate... to add to my earlier post... a have met people with akitas who have been nothing but friendly dogs.....even with my own wee lurcher....must just be knowlegable owners i suppose as opposed to the tracksuit wearin fcukwit with the argos jewelery...thanks again..chris...(a still wouldnt want to own one).....

there gaurd come fighting dogs maybe good for going for intruders or hidden water bailiffes etc lol but there not a useful bred for hunting in the uk ,a belgain shepherd cross would be as good

I agree with you here Whin, and the fact that the Malinois is athletic build, i wouldn,t have to think twice what choice to make. :) Edited by hollands hope

AKITAS HAVE TAKEN OFF BIG STYLE IN WEST OF SCOTLAND & AS WERE TALKING ABOUT A £5/6OO PUP HERE I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT MANY PEOPLE IN PRIVATE ESTATES ALSO FIND THEM VERY POPULAR?. COUNCIL ESTATES INDEED, I THINK THAT U WILL FIND THAT LURCHERS WERE MOSTLY OWNED BY WORKING CLASS PEOPLE FM COUNCIL ESTATES. IM FM A COUNCIL ESTATE MYSELF & PROUD OF IT.

here here :thumbs:

there gaurd come fighting dogs maybe good for going for intruders or hidden water bailiffes etc lol but there not a useful bred for hunting in the uk ,a belgain shepherd cross would be as good

DONT FORGET THE FACT THAT THEY CAN BE EATEN AS WELL. BELGIAN SHEPERD? TRY THE MALNOIS, POLICE ARE USING THEM WIDELY NOW.