Jeremy to buy 8000 houses ! !

5 minutes ago, just-A-snap said:

Put some humans in the same room with access to money  and it is not surprising to get corruption Kenny.  Just look at the House of Commons.  Sad? Yes.  Because of that do I forget my humanity? for me no.  But that is just for me, and others will not see it that way, all part of living in a Democracy.

All the very best mate 

From what I can gather framework made claims of finding homes for 250 people but there seems to be little evidence of anything like that amount. ...it could just be all down to  there wording being miss leading  on what there actually classing as "rehomed" .....the festival and the platform were spot on it was only a minimum of a fiver for wrist band that got you in to all the venues we did donate a bit more on the ticket and loads via the bar lol 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, im 73 and still in control of my bladder thank you very much, smash ya face in

In theory it's a good idea.....but in practice we don't have, and could never build enough houses to house the people we already have, never mind the ones corbyn wants to let in.  The majority of

We've got enough houses already we just have to many people.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'd house anyone who was homeless through mischance and situations beyond their control. I'd deport loads of migrants and I'd stick the rest in workhouses. 

And how do you differentiate between those homeless who deserve to be housed and those who deserve to be written off for life and sent to rot in a workhouse?

Personally I think it makes more sense to work towards all of them sorting their lives out and contributing to society.

9 minutes ago, BGD said:

And how do you differentiate between those homeless who deserve to be housed and those who deserve to be written off for life and sent to rot in a workhouse?

Personally I think it makes more sense to work towards all of them sorting their lives out and contributing to society.

I would personally sit in judgement. 

• Like 1

I worked for an independent charity for twelve years kenny, in the end we voluntarily gave up the ghost and closed it down.  We could not compete with the big and local authority funded charity's for the funding available.  We all took low wages to do the things as being independent and to honour what we had as part of our statement of purpose, and that was not enough.  You will find that the majority of money that goes to a charity is appropriated towards administration.   Not surprising that the bigger the charity the more opportunity for corruption and for deceiving the auditors.

All the very best

• Like 2

The amount of rough sleepers in my town is now at least 6  they just appeared overnight I assume because there given a one way train ticket from some other county, its sad to see them , there's one I always stop to chat to & usually give him some dog treats & get him a drink or a sandwich, he is always cheerful & very polite 

I have never asked him anything about his circs that's none of my business , I know theres a charity been set up & a portacabin in the big car park that does a hot meal each day all the pubs & cafes in town donate left over food for the portacabin 

This bloke is well liked in the town & he is generally happy where he is believe it or not , his dogs are impeccably behaved & very well looked after , he adores his dogs , he really is no bother to anyone , I have no idea if he wants to live in a house  sometimes its not an option to live in a house for various reasons 

It would be a brilliant idea to provide a home for everyone who needs one but all the other services need to be in place also, keep hearing mental health services are inadequate drug & alcohol dependency units are full to bursting

they can acquire or build as many houses as they like just make the rents affordable or they will end up on the streets again :thumbs:

• Like 1

I saw some c**t on telly once who said his wife couldn't work becsuse she has to look after her 3 kids under 5.he had a house and everything.

What was his job.?????

Selling the big issue.that don't pay for a house and family.foreign c**t too.how many more like that.kick the c**ts out and there would be lots more for the smack heads and alkys.

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

The amount of rough sleepers in my town is now at least 6  they just appeared overnight I assume because there given a one way train ticket from some other county, its sad to see them , there's one I always stop to chat to & usually give him some dog treats & get him a drink or a sandwich, he is always cheerful & very polite 

I have never asked him anything about his circs that's none of my business , I know theres a charity been set up & a portacabin in the big car park that does a hot meal each day all the pubs & cafes in town donate left over food for the portacabin 

This bloke is well liked in the town & he is generally happy where he is believe it or not , his dogs are impeccably behaved & very well looked after , he adores his dogs , he really is no bother to anyone , I have no idea if he wants to live in a house  sometimes its not an option to live in a house for various reasons 

It would be a brilliant idea to provide a home for everyone who needs one but all the other services need to be in place also, keep hearing mental health services are inadequate drug & alcohol dependency units are full to bursting

they can acquire or build as many houses as they like just make the rents affordable or they will end up on the streets again :thumbs:

I know a lot of homeless folk with dogs refuse spots in hostels and temporary accomdation because they can't take the dogs with them and understandably they don't want to abandon their only companions so would rather stick it out on the streets.

You're spot on about the other services needing to be in place to truly break the cycle, a lot of these folks have been homeless so long and have so many other problems like mental health issues and substance abuse that need to be tackled too and you're right about the affordable rents too, homelessness is just a symptom of a housing system that is totally fecked and that too needs to be addressed or we're just painting over the cracks.

Edited by BGD
  • Like 1

Amazing how people can take the likes of corbyn and khan seriously, both should be tried for treason, they are hell bent on filling this country with the dregs and criminals of eastern europe and middle eastern, and african scum. Who exactly would benefit from these properties, probably foreign nationals that are trying to escape war? Charity should begin at home i object to paying tax to keep low lifes that have never paid a penny into the system, in a lifestyle that they have not lifted a finger for, As for homeless yes its true anyone can hit hard times and i am in favour of helping those cases, but a lot choose to be homeless, and as for druggies i detest them they are the cause of high crime rates eg theft and housebreaking just to get their daily fix, and i cannot do with their whining that they have a drug problem, who made the choice to first put that needle in their arm. rant over.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, keepitcovert said:

Amazing how people can take the likes of corbyn and khan seriously, both should be tried for treason, they are hell bent on filling this country with the dregs and criminals of eastern europe and middle eastern, and african scum. Who exactly would benefit from these properties, probably foreign nationals that are trying to escape war? Charity should begin at home i object to paying tax to keep low lifes that have never paid a penny into the system, in a lifestyle that they have not lifted a finger for, As for homeless yes its true anyone can hit hard times and i am in favour of helping those cases, but a lot choose to be homeless, and as for druggies i detest them they are the cause of high crime rates eg theft and housebreaking just to get their daily fix, and i cannot do with their whining that they have a drug problem, who made the choice to first put that needle in their arm. rant over.

Corbyn was against joining the EU and opposed Tony Blair waiving the UK's right to have a transitional arrangement to hold back on opening up freedom of movement to the Eastern Bloc countries when they joined the EU, a bit counterproductive if all he wants is to flood the country with Eastern Europeans!