I'm intrested to know

Im intrested to know what you lurcher and running dog lads do with your dogs for excercise etc. I know it' completely different to the greyhounds it all I've ever known. Bur I'm contemplating getting myself something different as a hobby.

Also what do you lads feed as well as what excercise do your do.

CARADOCMICK

my dogs are baisically the scrap food bins,  they have all the table scraps along with some dry food,  raw mince chicken and also venison on times when my brother in law has some spare off the estate. i dont feed them rabbits much if i do i always boil for a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

Road work, a few steep grassy hills with a ball, a blast on the beach, some mooching and when the ground isn,t frozen or waterlogged they get a run or two on the lure machine. They are fed raw, minced beef, raw chicken, rabbit, mixed and some tinned and dry food a bit of veg, seaweed supplement and raw eggs. 

I really do tend to think that plain road work doesn't do that much for a dogs fitness. Don't get me wrong, it's got to be better for the dogs to be out on the other end of a lead in the fresh air as oppoesd to being bored out their brains fastened up in a kennel. When i was a lad (?) i used to woad walk my grandads whippet's... but, this is the difference.. he would be walking 50 yard in front of me with the other half of the team and those little 20lb pocket rockets would be pulling my fcuking arms out their socket's!! Normal road work will probably do more for you that the dog!

Best way to get a mutt fit is to give it a few gallop's behind something in a field?

Just my thoughts on it.

Over the summer months up early plenty of road work plus bikeing if it’s not to hot a day with the dog free running I also get my running shoes ? on An do a bit of cross country running my self what ever one takes my pleasuring I also just general walk them about over the fields An once the hunting season is nearly up on us I finish the dog off trotting side by side on my push bike to get them in general fit condition there fit then there’s running fit that there get from being behind gear

9 hours ago, socks said:

Pilates twice a week yoga twice a week and they watch old videos of the Waterloo cup on their days off ... for feeding I like a vegan diet .....

he asked what you do with the dogs socks, not what you do during the week yourself:laugh:

• Haha 1