Any clues ?

Right I think I can now finally add a picture, so it's been a while and my gallery just keeps on growing, as we all know there is know such thing as big cats living wild in England so I was wondering if anyone could explain this one, I found it fresh yesterday morning no rigamortis had set in and it's stomach was still in tact, it's totally been skinned out, I found a deer around 50 yards away at exactly the same time last year in very simular condition , so the question I need answering is this, what kind of British mamal can catch a full grown badger , kill it, gut it and eat it all during the hours of darkness in one night, I also have photos of the top of its head with a bite mark right through into the brain and  a  bald patch were a large predatory animal with a very abrasive tongue has spent some time licking it ? So come, Let's have it 

image.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or died of shame

This always becomes an interesting topic , 1 which I'm interested in even though if I had too bet on big cat / cats being here I'd say no but that's just my opinion which proves / means nothing , Grey

Easy 

Posted Images

First clue for the fox fans, when a fox or even a badger chews ribs from a carcass the ends look like a paint brush as they chew it and not cut it, second clue fox,badger and rat will eat the stomach not leave it unburst hanging from the spine picture two coming up, black bag is the stomach also notice how the skin has been rolled down the legs and the missing ribs cut clean off tight to the spine with no frizzy stumps, the badger also had no facial damage that would indicate a fight with either a dog or another badger it has a single bite mark through the top of its head and it was then licked bald down to its scull ? 

image.jpg

13 minutes ago, greg64 said:

did you find any paw prints in the area as the ground should be soft

Went back today and had a bit of a look round found a couple of maybe,s but the grass in the field is quite long and still pretty lush, there is a private wood next to the body were its been dragged from and it has about a foot of leaf litter on the floor as no one goes in there you can see were things have moved through but no good prints I,m afraid 

• Like 1