army dogs put down

I’ll ask you one question 

would you be happy living with your kids next door to a Belgian mallnois that’s been shifted around the country indeed the world , used by various levels of  handlers , that’s been exposed to gunfire and explosions at extreme proximity ? 

I’ll use a phrase embedded into mod nonmenclature , 

“risk” 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll ask you one question  would you be happy living with your kids next door to a Belgian mallnois that’s been shifted around the country indeed the world , used by various levels of  handlers ,

Lol  where would you put them ?  Where are the homes for these dogs? 

Yep.......I have only ever re-homed 2 dogs. 1 to a stranger that luckily went well and the other to a bloke I’d trust with my life. Other than that I wouldn’t do it because I don’t think it’

I’d safer to put these dogs down......safer for the public and safer for the Army.

Nobody want a kids head torn off and, as much as people are humming Land or Hope and glory and saying these dogs need a medal, the Army don’t want to be paying the No win, No fee solicitors claims when said kids face does get ripped off.

Thats about the strength of it ! 

• Like 4

Nail in the fuvking head

ask the sas to take them home then? 

Itsbthe cry of every dog handler in the forces

”yeah I’m gonna adopt him when I get out” 

cause you are! 

Youd need a set up like battersea to house all the spaniels, labs, mals the average handler sees 

also don’t assume , military means good! 

The average trainer isn’t a socks or a Phil Lloyd , it’s a twenty one year old washing the kennels out as quickly as possible to get back onto Facebook 

the idea of welcoming into you home an attack dog trained by that calibre of experience is actually frightening to think about 

• Like 3

Always remember asking the old man as a nipper what them scars were on his arm done by a GSD when he did his national service in the RAVC the same dog he got sent out to Aden with and he often would reminisce about the bad temperd dog he got lumberd with in an affectionate way I always used to ask what happened to his dog rummy he did not know.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, delswal said:

Couldn't agree more, Prison service police serve or surely they could be re loated within the armed forces as security dogs on military bases?????

And then when they'e too old for that type of work?

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

would you be happy living with your kids next door to a Belgian mallnois that’s been shifted around the country indeed the world , used by various levels of  handlers , that’s been exposed to gunfire and explosions at extreme proximity ? 

“risk” 

But their cuddly.

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

“risk” 

some would say would you want your kid living next door to a bull x which has smashed endless amounts of quarry mate.

I see where your coming from i'm on the fence now, i do think several temperaments tests are needed and I wouldnt be wanting to give a dog to anyone living in suburbia a nice home out in the sticks would be sufficient.  

Funny a guy I know has just re homed a large leaburger(spelling) ? It's nine years old and comes from Bosnia it's been an army dog then a guard dog but now lives a lovely life on a farm, comes to the pub and sits by the fire and is generally a lovely well rounded animal, I can't stand the attitude let's kill them all incase one goes wrong, all the bollacks about living by kids etc give them a chance it's like convicting someone incase they commit a crime, there are still a few people about that actually have a good relationship and knowledge of there dogs and there are just as many div,s about with a big dangerous mutt on a chain with very little control, I,d rather shoot the local div with his pit bull  than kill a good dog that just needs some love and understanding and a quiet place to see out its days, sorry 

• Like 2