Warning

Fcuk legally. Most land owners would turn there land into a wasteland if there was enough profit in it. Like foxdroppers land owner only interested in the animals that there is profit in, and would happily see it void of hares and I'm sure anything else that you can't strap a pound sign on to.

Ireland as you know is a grassed based system (as they call it) utililised almost exclusively for cattle.......there's a zillion f***ing hares and leverrets getting chopped to bits every year in silage season.

So what's the trade off?.......to a farmer his farm IS money......

Edited by WILF

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NOTHING will ever stop keen hunting men from freelancing.... Lads have been taking illicit game since early times,..those who seek to protect their interests, have tried many dark and devious ways t

Sorry mate had a cracking night though !!

Ffs it will be like a rave with the amount of lamps that's going to be flashing now you've posted that parkings going to be a bitch.

Posted Images

This the thing it's all seems like a bed of this and that on here ,fa the given areas I hunted and still do if getting the opportunity the majority police there own and give out there own ethos of punishments ,perhaps it was the way it was and da sure times change and it does seem very easy in comparison beatings always mob handed known some a my eaquaintances left fa nigh on dead catching fish shooting lurchers beating youngsters has young has twelve oh yes it happens and still does in my neck of the woods there's only one way ta put a fire out and that's with fire ,different folk renting shoots taking the law beyond the selves his all part and parcel of keeping a Lurcher for some of us ,tempers fray and eventually the wrong ones a xes ,hence serious crime committed there his always substance and back ground to these type a cases ,and the hunting life has communities of hunters that are like the communities in the reall world always better the devil yas know and birds of a feather always flock together see that has you may atb keep the rifles and shot guns fa shoot days I see a gun has a serious threat of violence which it his .atb bunnys.

The law locks up the man or woman

Who steals the goose off the common

But leaves the greater villain loose

Who steals the common from the goose.

The law demands that we atone

When we take things we do not own

But leaves the lords and ladies fine

Who takes things that are yours and mine.

;)

• Like 2

Going slightly off topic but in an effort to illustrate how people take a different slant on things.

On several of the Rivers in this country, associations, clubs and landowners are making serious financial investment and carrying out major improvements to try and improve dwindling migratory fish stocks. You then have various boat and canoeing associations who state that they have an absolute right of access to the water at any time including spawning time. Now the one group financially invests in the River and Licences and the other group makes little or indeed no financial contribution. Neither group accepts the other groups point of view, but who is in fact right?

Returning to this subject, someone going on another persons land in order to take birds, Deer etc for the sport or financial gain..................is different?...................why is it?

Because my dogs are part of the family pet/worker and when he walks into another persons property he's still mine pheasants deer and other wild animals are wild no matter who looks after them they are wild animals unless you have a deer in your garden named lucky

People seem to misunderstand what exactly belongs to who in the eye's of the Law. Wild animals do not belong to anyone, correct. But the right to hunt them does! When you kill a deer etc without permission you have taken that opportunity from the lawful owner of the sporting rights. That person may or may not also have invested resources into that wild stock to improve/increase it, meaning what is there is a direct result of their efforts.

Thems a' the facts, now argue amongst ya selves. LOL

Or paid money to decrease it. What's the common denominator (MONEY)

Going slightly off topic but in an effort to illustrate how people take a different slant on things.

On several of the Rivers in this country, associations, clubs and landowners are making serious financial investment and carrying out major improvements to try and improve dwindling migratory fish stocks. You then have various boat and canoeing associations who state that they have an absolute right of access to the water at any time including spawning time. Now the one group financially invests in the River and Licences and the other group makes little or indeed no financial contribution. Neither group accepts the other groups point of view, but who is in fact right?

Returning to this subject, someone going on another persons land in order to take birds, Deer etc for the sport or financial gain..................is different?...................why is it?

Because my dogs are part of the family pet/worker and when he walks into another persons property he's still mine pheasants deer and other wild animals are wild no matter who looks after them they are wild animals unless you have a deer in your garden named lucky

People seem to misunderstand what exactly belongs to who in the eye's of the Law. Wild animals do not belong to anyone, correct. But the right to hunt them does! When you kill a deer etc without permission you have taken that opportunity from the lawful owner of the sporting rights. That person may or may not also have invested resources into that wild stock to improve/increase it, meaning what is there is a direct result of their efforts.

So? Is it okay then for me to steal from your investments?

Sporting rights ARE property in law. It's that simple folks. You lot can dream up whatever laws you like, you can't demand the protection of property law for your own property while expecting to not be held accountable by it when taking others property.

By all means live in the wild west but don't come complaining when the sheriff lynches ya.

• Like 5

My permission gets poached always picking up forgotten purse nets burrows dug etc.

I say nothing to keeper,as I've done a bit in the past myself not a big deal really a few rabbits not sure I would ever pay for hunting rights after all your doing land owner a favour, be it deer rabbits rats they all pests in the farmers eyes.

• Like 1

......... you can't demand the protection of property law for your own property while expecting to not be held accountable by it when taking others property.

A lot of people seem to recognise and quote 'the law' when it suits them, for example that Game is wild, albeit it has in some instances, been purchased and raised...Pheasants, Partridge etc. Whilst, when it suits them, they ignore other Laws. There have been several mentions of it almost being a Class thing - that these regulations are there to protect the wealthy possibly Upper Class. That may be true when the laws were introduced in the 1800's but surely that is not the case today, particularly when so many 'working class' people derive great pleasure from their involvement in country sports at great expense to themselves.

Yip like you said born the rights to shoot the deer, fcuk all else not the deer, not the land, nothing. But he still came on here giving it the big one. If I'm honest I agree with 99% of the sensible comments on this thread. It's just I think fd is a complete bellend and a cap duffer. He has previous form for throwing about threats on here.

[/quote

So? Is it okay then for me to steal from your investments?

Sporting rights ARE property in law. It's that simple folks. You lot can dream up whatever laws you like, you can't demand the protection of property law for your own property while expecting to not be held accountable by it when taking others property.

By all means live in the wild west but don't come complaining when the sheriff lynches ya.

I wouldn't poach other people's ground but I'd hold back on calling the police on others when they were poaching ground that I had permission on. How many lads can honestly say that everything they do is to the letter of the law. If your own house isn't in order it might just bite you on the arse when they come looking for payback.
Edited by jiggy