Vegans

There`s plenty of professional athletes who are vegan, David Haye(boxer),Nate Diaz(UFC) and a few record holding powerlifters I know. As long as you`re getting your required macros(protein/carbs and fats) you`ll be fine. Too much red meat has a high saturated fat content, too much bacon has too high a level of sodium etc,etc. You can eat anything in moderation.

• Like 2

Vegans all got mental issues in my opinion, any animal that is scared to eat its natural food must have issues, end of the day show me a poisonous meat, I don't know,of any, but Jesus there's enough plants that will put you in the ground, the long term health issues have been known for years, there's one I wind up by calling him a self harmer, and telling him he should pay for his own hospital treatment, or go to the bottom of the list like they make smokers do, most of them are attention seekers, self serving profits,

Fugu old chap, Fugu!

That's a fish,puffer-fish.

I've tried cutting meat out in the past because to much animal protein can cause me problems but I've only ever managed a couple of weeks after that the sheep in the field start looking like a roast lol I normally feel quite good at the start of the purge but 2 weeks in and I'm feeling like crap tired and lethargic... a bit of steak sorts me right out

Have you looked into the supplements they take?

B12,Iron and creatine are all things they lack,obviously ask a doctor if they're all safe for you to take.

Could help you limit the amount of meat you need.

I'd say around 80% of my animal protein is chicken and fish nowadays and that seems to be working for me along side my medication its all about the balance which is the jist of the thread... I'm not knocking supplements but I prefer the old fashioned way and get what I need from actual food.

Yeah but if you ever need to reduce the amount you eat again,it'd be worth looking at the problems vegans have and how they solve them.

Apparently some of them inject their B12,there's signs advertising that at my gym.

• Like 1

Vegans all got mental issues in my opinion, any animal that is scared to eat its natural food must have issues, end of the day show me a poisonous meat, I don't know,of any, but Jesus there's enough plants that will put you in the ground, the long term health issues have been known for years, there's one I wind up by calling him a self harmer, and telling him he should pay for his own hospital treatment, or go to the bottom of the list like they make smokers do, most of them are attention seekers, self serving profits,

Fugu old chap, Fugu!

That's a fish,puffer-fish.
ok you found one, but still no where near the amount of poisonous plants,

Taxi driver mentioned athletes who are vegan, don't think David haye is a good example with his wonky joints, I'm not 100% but I don't think he was vegan whilst he was a cruiser weight , and maybe the added weight and bad (vegan) diet has a lot to answer for with his broken toe, his bad leg and his constant shoulder problems. But f**k them I'm having steak tonight!!

• Like 1