Sign in to follow this  
GruffaloGriff

Unique Carved Lurcher Antler Opinel No 12

Just for the record I have in no way messed griff around ... we didn't agree a price before the knife was started .....

Bit of a serprise when the price was stated at the end I bet ken lol..Great workmanship thought and a one off..

Just for the record I have in no way messed griff around ... we didn't agree a price before the knife was started .....

Shame it didnt work out for you both. Hopefully it'll catch someone elses eye.

Out of personal interest, how much would you of expected or liked to have paid. I say personal interest because im out in France and a big fan of opinels, for the cost and the purpose they serve me nothing comes close. Out here theirs a bit of a cult for customising them, carvings etc. Hence the question.

I kick myself for not buying an original carved badger opinel I saw in Lyon.

28 craftsmen couldn't mount an opinel in antler.

It was a question rather than a statement.

I had this knife offered to me and to be honest if I had the money spare I would have purchased it.

The handle is a complete one of a kind and in my opinion the level of craftsmen ship that has gone into it justifies the price.

All the best and happy hunting.

Bb

• Like 1

I would have paid up to £160 .........

• Like 1

Price is immaterial because it all depends on who and why people buy the knife .

If someone here has a building firm and made real good money and ran dogs with her father 300 quid would be nothing to pay for a Christmas present

• Like 1

Out of personal interest, how much would you of expected or liked to have paid. I say personal interest because im out in France and a big fan of opinels, for the cost and the purpose they serve me nothing comes close. Out here theirs a bit of a cult for customising them, carvings etc. Hence the question.

How much are opinel knifes in France ? Am off ther this summer and just curious

How much are opinel knifes in France ? Am off ther this summer and just curious

Actually might be more expensive as the pound is not great. But its the range.

This is the knife/shaving brush shop I found in Lyon.

ideas of prices.. https://www.decathlon.fr/C-309787-

opinel range..https://www.boutique-opinel-musee.com/en even do handle blanks to carve yourself!

I have a whole bag of blank wooden Opinel handles if you want to carve them.....safer too without the blades......do them half price £3.50 each :laugh:

Also for the record.....I have no issue with socks....... and even if i did i wouldn't air it on a public forum.

Griff

• Like 6

Give the man a break, he made a knife and priced it in relation to the time and costs involved, you want something bespoke you pay for it.

You want a cheap over the counter knife, go to the fcuking counter

• Like 3

Give the man a break, he made a knife and priced it in relation to the time and costs involved, you want something bespoke you pay for it.

That's perfectly fair . Theirs plenty on here I've asked price for or seem price for and thought

"Ooft that's a bit steep"

I just leave the thread . No point putting off a sale for the guy . Let's be honest this knife won't sell on here now will it

I don't think people did it maliciously either just kind of snowballed

• Like 1

what like an opinel 😂

what like an opinel 😂
only joking

Sign in to follow this