480 replies to this topic

#16 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:41 am

Yer it's not a lot but it's the chance u take and the dog could be a jacker. U could get 3 good pups for that off good stock

#17 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:43 am

Looks cracking dog though

Yer does look like a cracker tho, but looks arnt everything so people say ha. Could be worthless

#18 king

king

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:56 am

There were 2 bull X on the for sale section lately that went for £400 they sold quick.
you could pay £200 for a pup from proven stock and at least that on good grub for 1yr and that totals £400.
So if you could buy a ready made dog say3yr old that was good at its job and came with a decent trial for £600.
It's not to bad when the sums are worked out.
No bringing it on someone else has done all the training and put the time in.all you got to do is gain the dogs trust grab your lamp and you are out enjoying lamping.
And before the question start then yes I would pay that for a ready made dog.if it was an outstanding dog then maybe I'd pay a bit more.
  • steven35 and Thrush like this

#19 nans pat

nans pat

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:56 am

few here tried introducing the fancy english prices 4,n5 hundred a pup :laugh: werent long getting sickened.

#20 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:58 am

There were 2 bull X on the for sale section lately that went for £400 they sold quick.
you could pay £200 for a pup from proven stock and at least that on good grub for 1yr and that totals £400.
So if you could buy a ready made dog say3yr old that was good at its job and came with a decent trial for £600.
No bringing it on someone else has done all the training and put the time in.all you got to do is gain the dogs trust grab your lamp and you are out enjoying lamping.
And before the question start then yes I would pay that for a ready made dog.if it was an outstanding dog then maybe I'd pay a bit more.

each to there own, Christmas round the corner a think the majority would say no. Plus you no what your putting in to a pup and no what yer getting out when buying one might be it but bonding wise might not won't to no. But o well everyone's different

Edited by Outgoing hunter, 16 December 2015 - 11:00 am.

#21 TOMO

TOMO

Ginsters Chief Tester

• Members
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:00 am

Yer does look like a cracker tho, but looks arnt everything so people say ha. Could be worthless

You would see it working though first wouldn't you befor paying 500 for a dog,,,if it ticked the boxes ,,then away you go
  • pritch, steven35, Saluki246 and 1 other like this

#22 haymin

haymin

THL official clootie maker

• Donator
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:05 am

to true👍
  • Outgoing hunter likes this

#23 king

king

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:09 am

each to there own, Christmas round the corner a think the majority would say no. Plus you no what your putting in to a pup and no what yer getting out when buying one might be it but bonding wise might not won't to no. But o well everyone's different
I don't mean at this time of year mate at Xmas most of our wallets are a bit thin.but if the dog was really good at its job.the litter mates were and a decent line of honest workers.
Then I don't think it's to bad to pay a wedge for a ready made dog.
I payed £400 for a pedigree staff about 20yrs ago that was pointed out to me it was slightly over shot.
I ripped the pedigree up and gave the dog away as a pet.but learned a lesson that day to get more into dogs and get a better understanding.

#24 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:13 am

Haha Ano mate, learnt a lesson me self dog a have now payer 300 in Feb for it, and to be honest I regret it. He's not what I was looking for or hoped he would be so just have to hold on till me pup is lil bit older other wise no dog to run is hard ha.
  • king and raindeer like this

#25 Meeks

Meeks

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:43 am

Some dog will attach themselfs to one person tho and would run through a brick wall for them.then if the dogs gets sold because some peoples circumstances change.the dog might not do feck all for its new owner and could be a different dog than it was before.always a big gamble paying prices like that
  • Carraghs Gem and Outgoing hunter like this

#26 HBG

HBG

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:47 am

£500/£600 not a lot of the dogs 100% doing the job,but obviously you'd get a trial,and you could waste 18 month rearing pups that end up jackers.
  • king, boyo and jeppi26 like this

#27 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:54 am

Ok

#28 king

king

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:54 am

Just out of curiosity what's the most money payed for a running dog on here.

#29 Outgoing hunter

Outgoing hunter

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:55 am

300 not alot like but my most

#30 desertbred

desertbred

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:56 am

A dog is worth what some one is willing to pay for it. Whether its any good or fit for purpose is another matter. What is it they say you pay your money and take your chance, Simple use your eyes and ears and remember most people selling a dog will not be selling a good one for nothing and plenty sell shite for good money buyer beware. 

Edited by desertbred, 16 December 2015 - 11:57 am.

• lee, Dawn B, neil cooney and 8 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)