19 hours ago, Jobi said:

I think it was the Wise blood that clicked with Skipper that set them on fire, i read that Boudreaux added Wise blood to his Eli dogs. Old Ed might have been more shrewd than a lot give him credit for. 

the Wise blood was already in UK when Skipper was imported , and it was not a good line, the Skipper mix really improved the Wise blood , and other lines

• Like 1

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive a real soft spot for this fella, my little 18 month old house dog, he's not much bigger than some patterdales, 15"ats and barely 29lb, keeps himself in decent order, loves to run the hills , wreck

A couple I owned over the years,...... Pups off of TLs Shadow,..... The red dog, was one decent dog too

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carlovian said:

the Wise blood was already in UK when Skipper was imported , and it was not a good line, the Skipper mix really improved the Wise blood , and other lines

Why did Boudreaux add Wise to the Eli line pal? You think the Skipper dogs caught fire despite Wise blood not because of it? 

Edited by Jobi
On 15/08/2019 at 00:15, Jobi said:

Yep I heard the dog thief regretted what he did and sent him back wrapped  in cotton wool ?. I also heard he made a story up that Skipper quit whilst he had him. I think he made that story up to save face and hide the fact he sent him back because he was shit scared about what was in store for him. 

You heard correct.....on the button infact.

• Like 1
On 15/08/2019 at 17:25, YOKEL said:

Snicker was a big ol' brindle dog wasn't he? 

Old ed certainly lined his pockets nice out of them dogs, it was in part thanks to those who got their boots dirty and done the work with them. I concur wholeheartedly re: the early stuff breeding wise, far better dogs. Capone was pretty much solid Tudor wasn't he? And he had some nice wise max stuff. I think once the max (Scotsman) dog along with dread, Billy etc made a name for themselves the skipper stuff found favour and he punted it out a plenty....

Yokel

Yes light brindle as i remember not overly big mid 40,s.

I dont think Reid really understood breeding he had a nicely bred Dibo dog in Capone yet never bred him to a Dibo bitch....i forget where them Kingfish dogs originated but i dont think they had any Dibo blood in them at all,yet with a similar bred botch he could of gone on breeding them forever.....Yokel what was Reids first place called up in Lincolnshire can you remember ?....its bugging me.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes light brindle as i remember not overly big mid 40,s.

I dont think Reid really understood breeding he had a nicely bred Dibo dog in Capone yet never bred him to a Dibo bitch....i forget where them Kingfish dogs originated but i dont think they had any Dibo blood in them at all,yet with a similar bred botch he could of gone on breeding them forever.....Yokel what was Reids first place called up in Lincolnshire can you remember ?....its bugging me.

stockquest?...boston.

yokel

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 1

Reid dropped on the Kingfish dogs when he was wrestling near the Great Lakes. I don't know how he was gifted two dogs because apparently getting dogs off Stubblefield was like trying to split an atom. 

On 16/08/2019 at 23:50, gnasher16 said:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=583269

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=966

• Like 2

What a great topic.

Really enjoyed reading this. Some fine looking staffs on here. A real credit to their owners.

As someone already said, a very underrated dog to have as a hunting companion, or just as a pet.

Long live this great breed of terrier, hopefully it won't get toatly destroyed by kc standards.

Atb sox

• Like 2