• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive a real soft spot for this fella, my little 18 month old house dog, he's not much bigger than some patterdales, 15"ats and barely 29lb, keeps himself in decent order, loves to run the hills , wreck

A couple I owned over the years,...... Pups off of TLs Shadow,..... The red dog, was one decent dog too

Posted Images

On 13/09/2019 at 21:32, eastcoast said:

The Working Terrier Yearbook 1978.

Some people may find the image unacceptable but it  is a drawing not a photograph. Maybe some artistic licence came into play and the artist was not from the UK for sure. I am not condoning bull baiting. Working dogs do different jobs from decade to decade and differ around the globe.

The closest thing that I have seen to this was a lowly collie type dog doing his job when parking up on some permission. Two young but fully grown bulls (can't remember the breed) in the same field properly went for it. The farmer appeared with a collie dog and observered for a while before sending his dog in. That scraggy mut launched himself between the bulls. Got flipped, avoided kicks, came back, got flipped, came back. Used his voice and his mouth and ended up controlling those 2 massive and, in the mood that they were in at the time, very aggressive animals. He separated and them with no damage done and they ran off to  opposite ends of the field and calmed down. Now that's a bulldog ?

On 13/09/2019 at 22:28, jetro said:

You have to admire them working collies, acds and kelpies. 

Takes some dog to go between nearly two ton of pent up beef, hooves flying everywhere and heads trashing about, then to separate and send each on their way.

Great courage and determination. 

Atb j 

Ffs lads, don't say any of this in the lurcher section. You'll be hung, drawn and quartered for treason! Collies and collie/greys are spineless curs with no drive, grit, guts or tenacity.

Don't shoot the messenger, I love collie crosses :ninja:

• Haha 3

Its funny how trends change blue staffs used to be a rarity but now its all you see !.....i looked on a few of these sites pets4 homes whatever its called looking for a little red staff and couldnt find one it was literally all blues !

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its funny how trends change blue staffs used to be a rarity but now its all you see !.....i looked on a few of these sites pets4 homes whatever its called looking for a little red staff and couldnt find one it was literally all blues !

Plus the outrageous prices they charge just because of coat colour. Seen a few today for a 1000 euro, just because their blue.

Atb j

36 minutes ago, jetro said:

Plus the outrageous prices they charge just because of coat colour. Seen a few today for a 1000 euro, just because their blue.

Atb j

Thats what i dont get though....the price of anything is high when theres not many about but when they are ten a penny they get cheaper ?

19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats what i dont get though....the price of anything is high when theres not many about but when they are ten a penny they get cheaper ?

That's the way it usually goes, but for some reason not in this case. 

Atb j 

1 minute ago, sid g said:

mates daughter paid 1500 for a bitch little runty thing full of worms when i saw it @ 8 weeks 4 week on it looks a bit better ... 

That's scandalous, to charge that price for a pup, and to sell it on in that condition. Some have no shame what do ever. 

Atb j

Just now, sid g said:

it was shocking mate really .... kc reg aswell breeder should of known better i told em get it vet checked and wormed i would`nt of brought it just by the way it looked ...  

Some, if not most people don't care. It's just a money making trick for them, the pups welfare doesn't come into it. Once they get their money, it's not their problem anymore, regardless of it been kc reg or not. Kc reg just mean a bigger price to charge the buyer, that's all.

I'm glad the pup is on the mend for your mate, if it wasn't wormed, I doubt it was vaccinated either, hopfully it was, especially on the price they paid. 

Atb j 

Just now, sid g said:

first jab and chipped .. first dog they`ve had mates never owned a dog either if i`d of known i would of gone with them i did`nt say to much did`nt want to upset them it`ll prob turn out ok , just had people being ripped off ..

Well, not to bad so, the jab and chipping. Still no excuse for the lack of worming. 

At the end of the day, the pup got a good home where it will be well looked after, and a happy family with it. 

Some aren't so lucky. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...