Jump to content
00taz11

SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, shaneg said:

I personally probably wouldn’t but it would depend on the circumstances. To many lads try them once and get rid instead of giving them a few runs after all you have them for a year and a half what difference will an extra month make. If it works out all well and good if it doesn’t it’s only a bit of feeding. To many just to quick to pull the trigger

True it's finding a happy medium Shane. Alot can be said for holding on and coming good with a terrier but also the same for spotting a joker and wasting time. It's 2 to 1 and half a dozen with the other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A terrier not wanting to go to ground 19 time I can see people having patients but a terrier going and failing 19 times I would find extremely difficult to keep. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

True it's finding a happy medium Shane. Alot can be said for holding on and coming good with a terrier but also the same for spotting a joker and wasting time. It's 2 to 1 and half a dozen with the other.

There’s lads I no keep getting bad pup after bad pup like they say. But if u ask me it’s all down to entering right in the right places at the right age. Don’t over face them and keep them winning there first season. In out as quick as u can then second season u can start putting time over them. Some lads will never have f**k all because they don’t no how to manage three pups. I’m not saying my way is the right way but it’s been good to me over the years. And the same lads doing all of the above still have nothing in there kennels 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Some get confused when a dog may  look physically ready to when it's mentally ready knowing is the difference 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Its gone to the stage here keep your circles ya mix in very closed and only breed when needs must and what ever is bred is kept with in that circle just go about your bussiness nice and discreetly let everyone else to there own.

Edited by chesney
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

gifted ,sell do what you want to do but keep it honest about the dogs , i have in the past filled other mens kennels , and once was royal f****d over,other if you gave them two rats they'd manage to breed mice, i've just bred a litter and gave them away all to working homes and hopefully they will do the job , i paid the stud reared them and then placed them ... my old chap god rest him couldn't get his around giving pups away , as he said "if you walked into someone house and said thats a nice TV would they give you it , would they f**k your f***ing mad"  he had a point all i know is i'll gift  pups but i'll never fill another mans kennel again , to make a mistake doesn't make you stupid but if you keep doing it then you are !  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

A terrier not wanting to go to ground 19 time I can see people having patients but a terrier going and failing 19 times I would find extremely difficult to keep. 

Lol and I totally agree I give up after 10 failures dug her once in amongst them, that bitch made every mistake known to man from coming clean away more than once to not finding in easy places or maybe not wanting to find which is what I thought she was doing to getting the run around then coming away, I only persevered because I knew the blood was good if she had of been my own breeding She wouldn’t of even got the ten chances but it is definitely a lesson learned. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Can only comment on what I do .If you’d like to give us an account of your own method I’ll be sure to read with interest rather than the few derogatory words you usually come up with .Understand if your a bit shy .

I’m not on here to throw insults at you FD but if your going to tell me that them shit white Plummer terriers start first time out you can fuuk off

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mixedgrill said:

I’m not on here to throw insults at you FD but if your going to tell me that them shit white Plummer terriers start first time out you can fuuk off

Leave me out that one mate .Do shit white plumbers ever start .

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

gifted ,sell do what you want to do but keep it honest about the dogs , i have in the past filled other mens kennels , and once was royal f****d over,other if you gave them two rats they'd manage to breed mice, i've just bred a litter and gave them away all to working homes and hopefully they will do the job , i paid the stud reared them and then placed them ... my old chap god rest him couldn't get his around giving pups away , as he said "if you walked into someone house and said thats a nice TV would they give you it , would they f**k your f***ing mad"  he had a point all i know is i'll gift  pups but i'll never fill another mans kennel again , to make a mistake doesn't make you stupid but if you keep doing it then you are !  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Very true glyn. I’ve done the same . And when I’ve been stuck for stock nobody has anything . I would rather pay the price for top line dogs than rely on the so called mates to help me out as I did and have done 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Lol and I totally agree I give up after 10 failures dug her once in amongst them, that bitch made every mistake known to man from coming clean away more than once to not finding in easy places or maybe not wanting to find which is what I thought she was doing to getting the run around then coming away, I only persevered because I knew the blood was good if she had of been my own breeding She wouldn’t of even got the ten chances but it is definitely a lesson learned. 

And again leaves more questions than answers DMD, for how many have been pts maybe too early, sounds like the bitch wasn’t mentally ready and went when she was ready on her own terms, who knows

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...