Deben MK3m

I've just bought a mk3 but it has no dial to pin point underneath it? Does anyone know why? Have been practicing letting my kids hide a small teddy with the collar round it's neck then i been finding it with locater :D keeps the kids entertained and helps me to work the thing :clapper: Happy days! Just can't wait for season to start now.

Thought it was just the mk3m that had the pin point locator ???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, I've noticed a lot of people struggling with the new MK3's, I have'nt experienced the same problems that everyone else seems to, my MK3 marks down to six inches every time, and on search its ex

Not sticking up for Deben on the price front, but it is a very good piece of kit, ianB's selling them cheap on here, best time to buy is in the Summer when they are cheaper.

The dial on the bottom zero's in your search or locate, as far as I know you can only use the same size batteries that Deben state in the instuctions.

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
What is the dial on the back for and what ar the best collar batteries to use?

The dial on the back is for the sound of the locator. if the arrow on the dial is pointing up to the top then for example it will "bleep" even if the ferret is 12 or 14 feet away. the further anti clock wise you turn the dial the closer you will have to be to the ferret to hear the bleep.... Thats as best as i can explain it!!!! hope it helps! GOOD HUNTING!!!! :):)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i am having truble with my mk3 it will for instants say 5ft and only be 2ft has any one had this problem

are you looking at the correct LED signal?, are you forgetting to switch between locate or search?

try new batteries in both collar and locator

Ey Up

Have to say, I have moved to the Mk3M after losing my last Micro batt cap :censored:

First impressions ; Top bit of kit. Very pleased with the results I got and I reckon with a bit of practice it will be superb. Very accurate.

Reckon I will sell my Mk1 after I track down a new cap(and I WILL!) as I am so impressed with the new one.

Like the fact I can switch the collars off. The do seem big but so far the ferrets appear to be comfy enough with them. The technique talked about here is nigh on the same as what I found to work best after a bit of practice and I managed to get mine for 187 quid with 2 collars which seemed a good deal.

Cheers All