Deben MK3m

batteries for the old collars are 394

and for the new collar are 393

Well done mate that must of helped lots of people, May I just query the the above! Should it not be the other way around?

That is if you term mk1 micro (1st picture) and mk3 (2nd picture) as old, Then they both take 393 and 3rd picture as new takes 394

DSCF1599.jpg

DSCF1597.jpg

DSCF1598.jpg

unless there is another newer type of collar then I apologize for any confusion.

Oh and sorry if the pix are a bit blurry got to close.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, I've noticed a lot of people struggling with the new MK3's, I have'nt experienced the same problems that everyone else seems to, my MK3 marks down to six inches every time, and on search its ex

Not sticking up for Deben on the price front, but it is a very good piece of kit, ianB's selling them cheap on here, best time to buy is in the Summer when they are cheaper.

The dial on the bottom zero's in your search or locate, as far as I know you can only use the same size batteries that Deben state in the instuctions.

Posted Images

because you dont want to pick up every bit of magnetic source and metal for miles do you

which won't happen with a mk3 because of the frequency it uses (although your mobile will interfere with a mk 3 if it's within a few inches of the locater)....you will however experience problems with the new crappy oversized magnetic collars, usually reduced signal if around metal fences or ground with a high instance of metals or even more usually a signal that is very erratic......in my experience that is ;)

batteries for the old collars are 394

and for the new collar are 393

the batteries MUST be silver oxide NOT alkaline

knocker mate,i think youll find the batteries are 393 for old collars and 394 for the new ones,lol ;)

You say that mobile phones and electric fences will interfere. I live about a mile from a radar station will that effect the MK3 much, do you think?

I've only ever used the Mk1 and had a constant well spaced click, but could tell the difference when I got near the ferret because it changed.

• 1 month later...
how can a young kid ask his mum and dad for one plus an extra collar for his birthday.

yet they will ask for a PSP, a playstation, a x box, a I pod, a laptop, a mobile phone, a WI, and think nothing of the cost

In my own opinion the mk1 only needed a few modifacations. First the Colour, second,most people being right handed the speaker faces away from you when useing the dial. Third, should of been a bit more weather proof. Apart from that what a great bit of kit that was affordable to young and the family man.

I personally just do not like the mk3 and the cost is unbelievable, how can a young kid ask his mum and dad for one plus an extra collar for his birthday.

I really do hope that another company brings about a new system that whips Debens and brings down the cost.

Sorry to be an anti, its only my view and alot of others actually on this topic.

Wild boy.

Not sticking up for Deben on the price front, but it is a very good piece of kit, ianB's selling them cheap on here, best time to buy is in the Summer when they are cheaper. ;)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

hello everyone

i'm sorry to sound daft but i recently bought a ferret finder mk 3 and i must confess i'm struggling with it! :icon_redface:

its not what has just been explained here its how to test the bloody thing is working!!

i have checked batteries and i believe i'm following the instructions though found them difficult to understand ( english not my strong point) i've paid money for something i'm unsure to use and am unwilling to ring them incase i'm being daft could anyone geve me some tips please

very sorry again i care a lot about my ferrets and have been using a line so once i had the cash spare i bought a ferret finder and it's caused me nothing but grief

if anyone could help i would be very grateful kind regards Lurcher Lass x x x

hello everyone

i'm sorry to sound daft but i recently bought a ferret finder mk 3 and i must confess i'm struggling with it! :icon_redface:

its not what has just been explained here its how to test the bloody thing is working!!

i have checked batteries and i believe i'm following the instructions though found them difficult to understand ( english not my strong point) i've paid money for something i'm unsure to use and am unwilling to ring them incase i'm being daft could anyone geve me some tips please

very sorry again i care a lot about my ferrets and have been using a line so once i had the cash spare i bought a ferret finder and it's caused me nothing but grief

Have a look at the first part of this thread, then watch the two video's that one of the members put up, if your still stuggling after that, post which part your struggling with and one of the members will help you get sorted. :)

• Like 1
hello everyone

Have a look at the first part of this thread, then watch the two video's that one of the members put up, if your still stuggling after that, post which part your struggling with and one of the members will help you get sorted. :)

cheers mate!! i have it sorted now thanks, i knew it would be something daft, i thought the collors only needed the one battery hence why the locator struggled

thanks again sorry for the hastle

lurcher lass x x x x

• 1 month later...

I've just bought a mk3 but it has no dial to pin point underneath it? Does anyone know why? Have been practicing letting my kids hide a small teddy with the collar round it's neck then i been finding it with locater :D keeps the kids entertained and helps me to work the thing :clapper: Happy days! Just can't wait for season to start now.

I've just bought a mk3 but it has no dial to pin point underneath it? Does anyone know why? Have been practicing letting my kids hide a small teddy with the collar round it's neck then i been finding it with locater :D keeps the kids entertained and helps me to work the thing :clapper: Happy days! Just can't wait for season to start now.

its either a very early mk3, or more likely a mk2, they look the same, minus the pin point control

• Like 1