11 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just phoned vets to see what I owe for yesterday.....jab of antibiotics and jab of painkillers.....£120 

I pay about 15 euro a bottle

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen terriers that looked like a hand grenade had gone off in there mouth come back to perfect in a few weeks with the right home care.  Keep an eye for infection and have antibiotics at han

Don't look like she needs over a grand spending on her along with IV antibiotics does she 🤣

Wounds in the mouth heal quicker than just about anywhere on the entire body of a dog,the vet probably wanted to rush you through because he knew in a few days time you wouldnt bother.

Posted Images

Just now, steve t said:

I pay about 15 euro a bottle

Think most of the cost would be the emergency appointment.... even though it wasn't out of hours and didn't take any time up

Vets here don’t murder people on price, they are dealing with farmers most of the time and prices are reflected in that day to day realism they have to have.

You can walk in and just buy a syringe and the medicine for your cow as you please here, go home and give it to them yourself…..that’s the same for everything.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Vets here don’t murder people on price, they are dealing with farmers most of the time and prices are reflected in that day to day realism they have to have.

You can walk in and just buy a syringe and the medicine for your cow as you please here, go home and give it to them yourself…..that’s the same for everything.

Used to be the same here with most veterinary practices until they were all bought out by big chains and changed the way they operated especially with their small animal clinic's, went from basic surgery's to high tech with every f****r walking about in scrubs, the animal welfare never got any better but they can charge a fortune for looking the part. 

• Like 3

Wounds in the mouth heal quicker than just about anywhere on the entire body of a dog,the vet probably wanted to rush you through because he knew in a few days time you wouldnt bother.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Out with the dogs tonight and the young lad has let go of the lead and the terrier has run in the road and been clipped by a car. The dog has run into the side of the car as it slammed on. 

I don't think it's anything serious, knocked a tooth out. Took it to the vets and they have said it's got a cut behind it's front lip, between it's lip and front teeth. They want it in tomorrow to stitch it , x-ray, IV antibiotics etc etc. They actually wanted it to be taken in to their out of hours vets tonight to keep it under observation. We took it home. They say it needs stitching so food doesn't go from it's mouth, into it's nose and then into it's breathing and lungs. 

Minimum £1000! Got to be done under general anaesthetic. 

Now don't pre judge the money grabbing barstewards.....but I'm thinking just leave it. It's had a jab of antibiotics and painkillers. I've got a bottle of painkillers at home. The spot between the lip and teeth is naturally closed, it's not open and bleeding, I reckon it will close up itself. I may let them pull the snapped tooth out at some point as I don't like leaving broken teeth. Thinking about all the terriers we have stitched up....rat bites etc. nothing that a couple of jabs and a bit of rest haven't cleared up. It's 90% a pet, I've got the money, but something isn't sitting right with paying a grand for a few stitches 

Genuinely, without just ranting about the money grabbing c**ts, what do you think?

my bull cross has got snapped teeth and the side of his head kept swelling up ,cost me £500 for one tooth to be removed and it still swells up occasionally.

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I  let the dog lick cuts I sustain as well just to clean them out due to being a bit of a grubby f****r lol

05710BAA-08A2-4FE6-BD0D-0D57ABA9EF7A.png

F333D8F5-1EDD-4F64-B722-C58D183C62E0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, dogmandont said:

They're all on the take Dido, a grand for that amount of treatment is fcuking scandalous.

Working dog lads round here were very lucky to have a vet that was on our side and would treat working dog injuries no matter the cause and charge peanuts, sell you what ever you needed at what seemed to be a lose or at least cost price, he'll be badly missed when he retires. 

He'd of had your dog treated and out the door for less than 40 quid. Lol. 

We had a real good one down here mate, followed the local beagle packs... Could ring her anytime of night.. sadly she died a few years back, not found anyone like her since tbh, really was into working dogs, she kept lurchers and a couple of terriers as well .

• Like 3
9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just phoned vets to see what I owe for yesterday.....jab of antibiotics and jab of painkillers.....£120 

Took one of  ferrets to vet , been coughing for 3/4 weeks and not getting any better ( don’t say a word if your reading … ‘‘twas doing me nut in ) £110 for a bottle of antibiotics and (consultation £55) … twat didn’t want to hold her even though I took her in in my hands , left box in reception…. Was in there less than 5 mins …. 

• Like 1

my missus used to work in a vets and you would not believe how many dogs had been taken in with a "small growths," they were ticks and the vet would remove them and then nick the skin with a blade and put in a stitch and charge a fortune😡

I always take abit extra care with cuts inside the mouth , when I was doing terrier work for a hunt I use to stay at my mate who was the terriermans house I walked in and a smell smacked me in the face I knew what was straight away one his bitches had a cut inside her mouth and food had got in a caused a infection , she went down his fast , so from then on I always checked the inside of mouths after a dig especially the roof of the mouth 

• Like 1