• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting marei d in the 15th next month and she's gonna take her week vacation. Just gonna go down to Gulfport MS.about three hours away front he house. Nothing serious but she wants to do the whole cl

Vancouver in June to visit my Son, first time for us so really looking forward to it. He's got a nice little itinerary planned which includes a weekend on the Sunshine Coast so we'll get to spend some

The Isle of Barra. My nephew bought a place there and spent a fair bit getting it ready. Sadly my brother passed and didn’t manage to get there so I have been asked to take his place. June/July I reck

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Went to Santorini about 14/15 yrs ago for sister in laws wedding...We stayed in Parrissa Bay... really enjoyed the place, would like to go back there one day👍

Not booked anywhere yet,been a hectic year so far,will get out and about and do a few weekends in the motorhome down the Gower and west wales way, maybe drive over to spain and fish the ebro,later on this yr🤞

Never been somewhere i never  fancied to be honest looks a nice place my mate went last year said rained every day 🤣🤣.said full of people wanting pics just for instragram now. mrs has always wanted to get engaged there so made out were goin as found a cheap last min deal as im skint(not really)as ant worked since end of last October done about 4 days so far this year through choice just just spent a small fortune on a 2ct diamond engagement ring and finally goin to do it then just goin to book out a full hotel in lakes either next year or year after and have a do I wanted to get married in Thailand but she doesn't want people to have the expense to come to the wedding so said to her if we ever do end up wed my 2 conditions are it's lakes if in this country and 2nd I can wear shorts 🤣🤣

Edited by Councilestatekid
2 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Never been somewhere i never  fancied to be honest looks a nice place my mate went last year said rained every day 🤣🤣.said full of people wanting pics just for instragram now. mrs has always wanted to get engaged there so made out were goin as found a cheap last min deal as im skint(not really)as ant worked since end of last October done about 4 days so far this year through choice just just spent a small fortune on a 2ct diamond engagement ring and finally goin to do it then just goin to book out a full hotel in lakes either next year or year after and have a do I wanted to get married in Thailand but she doesn't want people to have the expense to come to the wedding so said to her if we ever do end up wed my 2 conditions are it's lakes if in this country and 2nd I can wear shorts 🤣🤣

My sister in law had a traditional greek wedding,with a marching band , smashing plates etc service was as the sun went down...The hotel we stayed in Santorini was owned by a family, who also  owned a string of jewellery shops across greece and Europe....I had an engagement ring made to my specifications by them 😉when I was there....also the place my eldest son was conceived after trying for 7 yrs🙈...theres plenty of quiet little beaches all across the island you can get away from the social media clowns,hire a car/quad and off you go,good fishing too😁👍1707209734_BlackheartsDogs028.jpg.40c22254dcca507c2d4e1ccdc63c90a4.jpg

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My sister in law had a traditional greek wedding,with a marching band , smashing plates etc service was as the sun went down...The hotel we stayed in Santorini was owned by a family, who also  owned a string of jewellery shops across greece and Europe....I had an engagement ring made to my specifications by them 😉when I was there....also the place my eldest son was conceived after trying for 7 yrs🙈...theres plenty of quiet little beaches all across the island you can get away from the social media clowns,hire a car/quad and off you go,good fishing too😁👍1707209734_BlackheartsDogs028.jpg.40c22254dcca507c2d4e1ccdc63c90a4.jpg

Yea ive pre booked a quad for 1st 3 days and a buggy for next 4 to get about got a recommendation for best restaurant in oia so managed to get booked in there with promise of best table for the sunset stayin in a place called akrotiri at the bottom end of the island ment to be quieter but with quad/ buggy get all over the island I would usually get a days fishing or diving but this is a hol for her so hopefully after she's finally got her ring she mite book me on a day of either 🤣🤣.to be honest my camper van money has gone on her ring 🤣 wanted a camper for a few years for inbetween holidays so tucked bit away last 18months so that's on back-burner now for next couple of years. Your pic looks smart dc

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Yea ive pre booked a quad for 1st 3 days and a buggy for next 4 to get about got a recommendation for best restaurant in oia so managed to get booked in there with promise of best table for the sunset stayin in a place called akrotiri at the bottom end of the island ment to be quieter but with quad/ buggy get all over the island I would usually get a days fishing or diving but this is a hol for her so hopefully after she's finally got her ring she mite book me on a day of either 🤣🤣.to be honest my camper van money has gone on her ring 🤣 wanted a camper for a few years for inbetween holidays so tucked bit away last 18months so that's on back-burner now for next couple of years. Your pic looks smart dc

Sounds great mate, I like to pre-book a bit , if I'd not booked restaurants and fishing in Cornwall last time we'd not have got anything at the time... I'm away later in the summer booked a car and planning a few city trips along with a fishing charter...

• Like 2

Had two holidays in the last 29 years .week in Lyme Regis in a caravan (week princess Diana died  and a week in Lanzarote (2003)  ( hated the flight over and spent the week stressing bout getting back on a plane ffs !!! 😳. ) Just have two weeks at home at Xmas now , only because everything shuts down decorating wise .  

• Like 2

Vancouver in June to visit my Son, first time for us so really looking forward to it. He's got a nice little itinerary planned which includes a weekend on the Sunshine Coast so we'll get to spend some quality time with him and his Canadian girlfriend - who now considers herself half Welsh lol. Taking the Grandkids to Bulgaria for a week at the end of August and again will enjoy every single minute of that so all in all two cracking holidays to look forward too after a really stressful couple of years.

• Like 9

Due to circumstances beyond my control im not allowed to travel outside Europe :cry: so in recent years we try to just potter about the nicest parts of Greece last year we did a little private yacht charter thing between myself and some close friends and wives etc it took us all around different islands and just stayed until we got bored and moved on....the captain was a really interesting chap who does 3 trips per year around the world on the Salina Tanker so we've got him and his crew booked again this year,we did it for too long last year and ended up with the last few weeks listening to women moaning so will have a shorter trip this year but really looking forward to it.....a couple of little jaunts to Cyprus and Rhodes later in the year will see us right for a summer of sun and sea.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Due to circumstances beyond my control im not allowed to travel outside Europe :cry: so in recent years we try to just potter about the nicest parts of Greece last year we did a little private yacht charter thing between myself and some close friends and wives etc it took us all around different islands and just stayed until we got bored and moved on....the captain was a really interesting chap who does 3 trips per year around the world on the Salina Tanker so we've got him and his crew booked again this year,we did it for too long last year and ended up with the last few weeks listening to women moaning so will have a shorter trip this year but really looking forward to it.....a couple of little jaunts to Cyprus and Rhodes later in the year will see us right for a summer of sun and sea.

My mate has been greece last few year absolutely loves it went Rhodes sometime in early 90s when turks bombed the beach was only young but still remember it but wouldn't mind tryin few of the islands for a week here and there [BANNED TEXT] few cheap deals flying about 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Not really a holiday but had a weekend down in Chester and a spa morning never been to 1 before not my thing mrs does a few bit enjoyed it nice to relax in saunas and different steam rooms but feck me it's expensive £16.50 a cocktail in little plastic cups £7.90 for a kopperberg and £5.90 a coke can size beer!!!

IMG-20240519-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20240519-WA0009.jpg

• Like 3

Nice...

Me and the Mrs are off to the crazy bear in Beaconsfield on Monday for a couple of nights....my birthday end of the week and our anniversary 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Nice...

Me and the Mrs are off to the crazy bear in Beaconsfield on Monday for a couple of nights....my birthday end of the week and our anniversary 

Be nice is that down south? Name rings a bell but not sure where it is. Yea it was my birthday so usually I drag her up camping bit of walking and keswick mountain festival last weekend but i thought id give her a little suprise