GBP to Turkish Lira

46 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I don't think my dad has ever used a card, we book his holidays, he has never ordered anything online, he has a wedge in his top pocket at all times and stashes all around his house..always been the same...he had an accident a good few years back, was running a pub at the time, spent 4 weeks in an induced coma..when he came round the first thing he asked me was "have you checked behind the oven in the pub kitchen, theres £7k there" ... There's old school and then him! Lol

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ever need it he says, no bother but I'm grand I told him, never thought much about it till he died and went to see if it was still there, was indeed all 20 grand of it. Lol. 

All his grandkids got a few quid each. 

• Like 5

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s never worth it mate lol  

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm la

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ev

Posted Images

Never had a credit card, only since the local bank shut Ive had a debit card, I rise as much as I think I'll need through the week and use the card online sometimes or bigger purchases like builders merchants if I havent got enough cash on me, not a conspiracy thing just how Ive always done it

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ever need it he says, no bother but I'm grand I told him, never thought much about it till he died and went to see if it was still there, was indeed all 20 grand of it. Lol. 

All his grandkids got a few quid each. 

Mad ajnt they... My uncles the same, he's dying now, my cousin was here last week and told me he had told her where all his stashes were lol...

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mad ajnt they... My uncles the same, he's dying now, my cousin was here last week and told me he had told her where all his stashes were lol...

people that know to never trust the banks mate 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

people that know to never trust the banks mate 

I've had that drummed into me since I was a kid mate... Got to play the game for a few more years then I'm done .. not sure where yet, but hopefully have some sun on my back more often than not!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Either way; why exchange it to cash when you can just use a card?

Maybe to spend some cash.Plus you pay a percentage on most cards for foreign transactions

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I've never had a credit card, Mrs has one for holiday let business we use for booking holidays, Ill use my debit card...but also am partial to cash wherever I can..

Thing is though mate if your debit card gets scammed the bank wont be in any rush to sort shit out as it aint there money thats if they do sort it.But if its a credit card that gets scammed you watch the bank/card company soon sort it out as its there money.Credit cards are great if youre somebody whos good with your finances.I use mine if its something I cant buy with cash but always pay it off before I get charged any interest.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Thing is though mate if your debit card gets scammed the bank wont be in any rush to sort shit out as it aint there money thats if they do sort it.But if its a credit card that gets scammed you watch the bank/card company soon sort it out as its there money.Credit cards are great if youre somebody whos good with your finances.I use mine if its something I cant buy with cash but always pay it off before I get charged any interest.

Yeah I get that mate, like I say the wife has one attached to the business, I've just never had one... The kids and Mrs take the piss as I've not got a card on my phone, but I hate that ..in a pub and blokes are tapping there phone on the card machine ..just get a twenty out ya twat! Lol

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I've had that drummed into me since I was a kid mate... Got to play the game for a few more years then I'm done .. not sure where yet, but hopefully have some sun on my back more often than not!

sometimes you have to use them don’t you but we give them money to hold they lend it out and make billions in interest 

great business is using other peoples money your never a loser that way aye

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

No.discount for cash, maybe take the pennies off but price is the price

Lose the VAT for cash mate, lots will do it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 05/04/2024 at 15:46, dogmandont said:

Any you lads been to Rhodes? 

Going for a week in June and looking forward to it but I've never been to Greece or any of the islands. 

Been to Lindos loved it mate though Crete is my favourite. I weren't to keen on Kos out of all the Greek Islands i have been to.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yh they will but it shouldn't be expected by people mate 

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm law abiding and want to ensure my taxes are paid...but some scallys will!

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Been to Lindos loved it mate though Crete is my favourite. I weren't to keen on Kos out of all the Greek Islands i have been to.

Why mate? What was wrong with kos?