Whole carp "morrisons"

The fish for sale in supermarkets are farmed so I have no problem with it we farm salmon and trout for the table so crack on, I work with lots of poles in the care home and about 80% say carp is disgusting but they eat it as it’s tradition like most of us don’t eat turkey regular but at crimbo we are all over it, it’s just supply and demand but think it gets less and less as time goes on 

• Like 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only thing fishy I ever eat at xmas time...                                            

Used to go there every bank holiday when I was young dumb and full of come, think there were 4 birds to every bloke back in the day Bonney tiler had a nightclub down there called the valbon plus torqu

Don’t know loads but the few I do are very straight shooting and direct which I quite like no frills or spills just say it as it is, we had a different caretaker here a while back that was a bit of an

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Greyman said:

The fish for sale in supermarkets are farmed so I have no problem with it we farm salmon and trout for the table so crack on, I work with lots of poles in the care home and about 80% say carp is disgusting but they eat it as it’s tradition like most of us don’t eat turkey regular but at crimbo we are all over it, it’s just supply and demand but think it gets less and less as time goes on 

I’ve eaten it on Christmas Day in Poland, cooked by my mates mum… It was actually very nice.

If you’re open to new things Google “ Polish Flaki” one of the best soups I’ve ever tasted.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I’ve eaten it on Christmas Day in Poland, cooked by my mates mum… It was actually very nice.

If you’re open to new things Google “ Polish Flaki” one of the best soups I’ve ever tasted.

One of the cleaners at work has just gone home for a week, I,ll get here to knock some up for me when she returns seems cooking and family gatherings are quite important to them, I actually get on better with the polish girls than most of the English we seem to appreciate many of the same simpler things in life 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

Be seeing monkey meat and all sorts of shit soon in the supermarket 

That's the way it seems to be going mate...

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

One of the cleaners at work has just gone home for a week, I,ll get here to knock some up for me when she returns seems cooking and family gatherings are quite important to them, I actually get on better with the polish girls than most of the English we seem to appreciate many of the same simpler things in life 

Every household/polish mum has their own recipie for flaki ;)

In fairness, all the food I ate in Poland was the bollocks but in saying that, I will eat anything :laugh:

I have had carp before in UK and it was foul! Tasted like mud. Obviously they know how to clear that taste in Polska lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

Clean , farmed carp is delicious, muddy ole pond ones forget it.

Yep! In the old days in Poland they’d catch them wild and stick them in the bath for a few days lol

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yep! In the old days in Poland they’d catch them wild and stick them in the bath for a few days lol

Yes ,worked with a polish girl she said back home they'd get one keep it in the bath ,suppose its purged of the mud ,just before Xmas this was

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Yes ,worked with a polish girl she said back home they'd get one keep it in the bath ,suppose its purged of the mud ,just before Xmas this was

Aye, that’s exactly what I was told. They did it for crimbo. Probably some still do but it’s a common place thing in the fishmongers/supermarkets to have it now (purged that is).

I would honestly suggest if anyone is game, take a holiday in Poland. Great place, loads of historic places to visit and the people are on the norm, pretty warm hearted.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I would honestly suggest if anyone is game, take a holiday in Poland. Great place, loads of historic places to visit and the people are on the norm, pretty warm hearted.

Sounds very similar to Rhyl mate..

2ebcc-scan0003.jpg.f37f9632b7e25f0c4f9f0cecc008179a.jpg

• Haha 2