Whole carp "morrisons"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only thing fishy I ever eat at xmas time...                                            

Used to go there every bank holiday when I was young dumb and full of come, think there were 4 birds to every bloke back in the day Bonney tiler had a nightclub down there called the valbon plus torqu

Don’t know loads but the few I do are very straight shooting and direct which I quite like no frills or spills just say it as it is, we had a different caretaker here a while back that was a bit of an

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, dodger said:

Yes as said for all the Eastern Europeans as you say you never used to see them in supermarkets until recently did you very expensive mind 

I would rather see them in the shallows on a summer evening mate..shame to see it in a supermarket fridge 

• Like 1

Polish love them,seen them in Tesco in the past in areas with a local polish population,also in the Tanks of the fishmongers in Londons Chinatown,first brought to the UK as a food fish.

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Polish love them,seen them in Tesco in the past in areas with a local polish population,also in the Tanks of the fishmongers in Londons Chinatown,first brought to the UK as a food fish.

I never thought I would see them for sale in a supermarket mate..how times change.

4 minutes ago, king said:

I never thought I would see them for sale in a supermarket mate..how times change.

I chatted with an Eastern European bloke fishing the Ottawa river last year,he told me he had caught a 20+ Lb’er the week before,knocked it on the head and took it home.Supermarkets here cater for their customers,lots of polish and Chinese in an area there’s a market for table carp.

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I chatted with an Eastern European bloke fishing the Ottawa river last year,he told me he had caught a 20+ Lb’er the week before,knocked it on the head and took it home.Supermarkets here cater for their customers,lots of polish and Chinese in an area there’s a market for table carp.

That's some size carp 20lber mate..biggest I've caught was 14lb it didn't look very appetising to me though..but no doubt if you are brought up eating them you would think differently I suppose..

A bit off topic mate..I remember you saying about Nepal or Tibet I think it was and you mentioned the dead being left out for the birds..

I can't remember if you did or didn't go to everest base camp..that's something I would love to do..

5 minutes ago, king said:

That's some size carp 20lber mate..biggest I've caught was 14lb it didn't look very appetising to me though..but no doubt if you are brought up eating them you would think differently I suppose..

A bit off topic mate..I remember you saying about Nepal or Tibet I think it was and you mentioned the dead being left out for the birds..

I can't remember if you did or didn't go to everest base camp..that's something I would love to do..

Dead are left out for Vultures in Pakistan on the towers of silence, Tibet and Bhutan for sky burials. Yes mate, did the EBC trek. 

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Dead are left out for Vultures in Pakistan on the towers of silence, Tibet and Bhutan for sky burials. Yes mate, did the EBC trek. 

Yea thats it..Them views at the end are amazing mate..did you hike to the base camp..its a 10 day walk is it..

Just now, king said:

Yea thats it..Them views at the end are amazing mate..did you hike to the base camp..its a 10 day walk is it..

Hiked to the basecamp and flown to it in a helicopter, life's about experiences mate. 

• Like 2