Thermal spotters

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or just go out lamping in the day that's what we do these lads are missing a trick the thick cs

Can the provident bloke sort one 

Ordered one this morning off Scott country the Hik Lynx 10mm should be okay for what i want and thanks to Igz off here for the messages. I thought if i started with a lower end one and get used to it

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, steve t said:

Are thermal spotters really a game changer. How do you use them? Spot  gear and stalk up closer then turn on lamp or what?

I had NV years ago, and you could scan the area without putting the lamp on, so you didn’t scare the quarry or let anyone know you were about, but it was just another thing to carry and I soon stopped using it and went back to basics.

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I had NV years ago, and you could scan the area without putting the lamp on, so you didn’t scare the quarry or let anyone know you were about, but it was just another thing to carry and I soon stopped using it and went back to basics.

Cheers.

there much better then basics mate 

• Like 1

Also thermal is better for spotting stuff then any nightvision....the amount of times I spot stuff with the thermal then look through the NV scope and can't see it...you wouldn't believe 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

there much better then basics mate 

I know, I had experience of thermal imaging long before they became commonly available. 
I don’t go out , day or night, to kill every animal in the area, it’s sport to me, with the added bonus of providing a very nice meal.

A decent dog and lamp is all I need.

Cheers.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Also thermal is better for spotting stuff then any nightvision....the amount of times I spot stuff with the thermal then look through the NV scope and can't see it...you wouldn't believe 

Of course it is, mate. I had the NV 20 years ago. 
I don’t need to go lamping kitted out like Arnie In Commando! LOL !

Cheers.

Just now, myersbg said:

Lots slag thermal off, i always say if they were the same price as a lamp every one would have one 

I’m not slagging thermal off, I just don’t need it for what I do. I couldn’t justify the price, I can catch enough to satisfy me with a lamp.

Cheers.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I know, I had experience of thermal imaging long before they became commonly available. 
I don’t go out , day or night, to kill every animal in the area, it’s sport to me, with the added bonus of providing a very nice meal.

A decent dog and lamp is all I need.

Cheers.

just make it easier your not missing stuff and daytime you ain’t spread out walking land or by yourself quartering up fields lol i wouldn’t be without now 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

just make it easier your not missing stuff and daytime you ain’t spread out walking land or by yourself quartering up fields lol i wouldn’t be without now 

That’s fine, I’ve nothing against anyone using it.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Just because you can see its heat image, it does not necessarily  mean your going to catch it, Daytime, personally i would rather a dog with a good nose find it, Fieldcraft and all that. What next digital rangefinders to calculate how far the dog has to run Lol 

15 minutes ago, paulus said:

Just because you can see its heat image, it does not necessarily  mean your going to catch it, Daytime, personally i would rather a dog with a good nose find it, Fieldcraft and all that. What next digital rangefinders to calculate how far the dog has to run Lol 

image.png.b45bab9607b97ab736b80f095a98675f.png

• Haha 2