This.mite start something going who still lamps long ears and why do lads think it's.wrong to lamp them personally I think they our fair game

23 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The tend 2 line out the guns on a ditch drive the hares at the guns and start blasting 

In “rough shooting” a couple of “guns” will just walk the land and have a pop at what jumps up, but , as you say, a “formal “ hare shoot will usually do “walk one, stand one”; which is if there are ,say, twenty “guns”, ten will stand in a line while the others drive the hares towards them, then they will change places for the next drive. Some of the big shoots will kill hundreds of hares.

The hares in these places seem to survive, and breed to replace the stock for the next years shoot, but I know of places, my brother has ferreting permission on one place, where the farmers go out at night on the back of trucks and shoot the hares in the lamp to completely eradicate them in order to stop the coursers and poachers going on the land.

I know that in the grouse shoots, the keepers shoot the hares as they carry a type of flea that infects the grouse.

The hare had a tough old life, but still they seem to be on the increase. I literally see more hares around here than rabbits.

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hangings 2 good for u

Alas some boys slipped there salukis and be the time the got them back on the slips they discovered there grandkids had left school

Course ‘em, lamp ‘em, snare ‘em, shoot ‘em, it doesn’t  matter, as long as you jug ‘em right !   Bon Apetit !

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

In “rough shooting” a couple of “guns” will just walk the land and have a pop at what jumps up, but , as you say, a “formal “ hare shoot will usually do “walk one, stand one”; which is if there are ,say, twenty “guns”, ten will stand in a line while the others drive the hares towards them, then they will change places for the next drive. Some of the big shoots will kill hundreds of hares.

The hares in these places seem to survive, and breed to replace the stock for the next years shoot, but I know of places, my brother has ferreting permission on one place, where the farmers go out at night on the back of trucks and shoot the hares in the lamp to completely eradicate them in order to stop the coursers and poachers going on the land.

I know that in the grouse shoots, the keepers shoot the hares as they carry a type of flea that infects the grouse.

The hare had a tough old life, but still they seem to be on the increase. I literally see more hares around here than rabbits.

Cheers

When I held my fac a land owner approached me and asked me to basically wipe everything off his land because he was sick of constantly repairing fences from lads driving through them cutting them etc etc and he eas sick of been threatened and and worrying if his machines going get smashed up and burnt out I didn't have the heart do it but couple the lads I know went and did it for him and then another couple farmers had them doing the same for them , 

Shame realy but if I was a farmer repairing fences everyday chasing down loosed live stock etc I'd do the same thing 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

When I held my fac a land owner approached me and asked me to basically wipe everything off his land because he was sick of constantly repairing fences from lads driving through them cutting them etc etc and he eas sick of been threatened and and worrying if his machines going get smashed up and burnt out I didn't have the heart do it but couple the lads I know went and did it for him and then another couple farmers had them doing the same for them , 

Shame realy but if I was a farmer repairing fences everyday chasing down loosed live stock etc I'd do the same thing 

Here’s a question for the lads who poach on here… has anyone actually drove a car through a fence or set fire to a barn or tractor… I personally haven’t and I don’t know anyone who has.. yet you hear these stories all the time… so come on, own up, who actually been man enough to set fire to a farmer’s property?? 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Moonlighter123 said:

Here’s a question for the lads who poach on here… has anyone actually drove a car through a fence or set fire to a barn or tractor… I personally haven’t and I don’t know anyone who has.. yet you hear these stories all the time… so come on, own up, who actually been man enough to set fire to a farmer’s property?? 

Don't think anyone on here is going to 'fess up' to that, mate!! Lol.

But there are definitely people on here that have driven over land they've not had permission on.

• Thanks 2

I think a lot of what you hear about it,is embellished by the media , miserable farmers and antis...driving on land you don't know aint too bright imo....what happens if you get stuck??? What you burn your own motor out? And walk home? Come on,alarm bells are ringing Whinnie 😉👍

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Moonlighter123 said:

I have a couple mates who have drove through fences , I whent out with them to start a young dog on the lamp in a forester lad out sun roof lamping flying round fields strait through wire fence , ...it wasn't for me 

1 because the damage 

2 because the amount of time they nearly ran the dog over 

3 I got f***ing sea sick been thrown around in the back like I was on a fair ride 

I also know a couple of rum old boys who if a farmer/ keeper goes over to them kicking of are more than happy to stick itnon them and have done plenty of times ...

There was a video somewhere on YouTube of some trailer lads after a funeral whent do some coursing as a send off to the friend , there clearly driving all over the land ripping the fields up etc et  and not q car sure there 2/3 ripping f**k out people fields and videoing it like it's fine 

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers

Its almost as if Every mans hand is turned against him

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Its almost as if Every mans hand is turned against him

Not all; I’ve got permission on a farm and the farmer said take as many rabbits as I want but leave the hares and roe alone as he likes to see them. Shame that, as hare and roe are my favourite quarry, but having the permission does give me a bit of cover if I get a pull when coming home from elsewhere !

Cheers.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers

Same see a good few about 

10 hours ago, Elchapo said:

also know a couple of rum old boys who if a farmer/ keeper goes over to them kicking of are more than happy to stick itnon them and have done plenty of times

If they did that in the more remote places over here you'd never see them again.

• Like 3