Got the smaller one (2/3 cups) as a gift from a trap supplier 20+ year ago, bit a novelty until you need it. If I was a winter fisherman itd get more use, but I only ever do short sesh. They work very well though & very quick to the boil. 

Edited by Waz
  • Like 1

As said above, I've got one for car camping . Good bit of kit . Only gripe a bit bulky and possibly novelty factor. But do boil water quick. Ok now and again for summit a bit different. You can cook on them all though I've never tried as I don't have the cooking attachment. 

Bit of a novelty thing I find and a bugger to light and bulky, but once going boil quick.

EBay Bulin T4 stove about £25 with adapter another £3 to take the camping gas bottles you get in B&M 4 for a fiver, with a small fishing kettle. Quarter the size and weight light first time and no arseing about finding sticks, pine cones or elephant dung to keep it lit.  

• Like 2

Depends what you want it for. 

If you want something to make a brew in the event of a nuclear holocaust then it might be worth prepping.

If you want a brew fast while fishing there's other options 

Screenshot_20240307-074305.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a Coleman Peak 1 & a Primus Omni Fuel but I was really looking at something where you don’t have to cart petrol or gas about.

You have to change the generators on the Coleman every couple of years and they are a pain in the arse to find here and about €40 

Ive only used petrol for years.

Gas is near useless when the temp drops anyway. 

Cheers for the feed back lads, much appreciated.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have a Coleman Peak 1 & a Primus Omni Fuel but I was really looking at something where you don’t have to cart petrol or gas about.

You have to change the generators on the Coleman every couple of years and they are a pain in the arse to find here and about €40 

Bulin T4 has a built in gas warmer so added with a butane/propane bottle never had a issue on the bank down to -5.  Know what you mean about the Colemans got a sporter and the generators were always packing in. A little tip if your not using genuine coleman fuel a few drops of redex keep the sooting down and the generator clean.

Also got a MSR whisperlite that will light up anywhere under any conditions, expensive and the pre warming bit always makes me jumpy but one hell of a stove.

With the Kelly I just found I ended up taking firelighters and kindling which defeated the object of trying to keep it light and compact. Cooking on it was a nause as well as the pots get sooty as it really needs to be full throttle or you don't get a decent burn.     

• Like 4
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Have got them all from gas,petrol, wood gas and a Kelly but if I could only have one for all occasions it would be the good old Trangia 100% reliable and last forever 

5B21C0B1-8056-46C6-8760-E6FC49D944D6.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1