Advice if you could

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont go through life, looking at what others have...

If I could speak to my younger self, I'd say. Don't ever start smoking , it's feckin, dangerous,  expensive,  it controls your life, and it makes you smell like shite. Get a proper education

It depends what your after in life, I personally am uneducated, I like doing what I want if I fancy Monday off I will take it, I could nt work 5 days a week for someone else and I can’t work indoors c

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Dont go through life, looking at what others have...

spot on and if you can’t afford it save up f**k all that get it on tick malarkey 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

It depends what your after in life, I personally am uneducated, I like doing what I want if I fancy Monday off I will take it, I could nt work 5 days a week for someone else and I can’t work indoors coup up like battery hen with a load of boring fukkers. If I could turn back time I’ve of done the farriers vet college and done that. But bieng a div I went on the construction, got no regrets but I’m tiring of the constant day to day need to physically produce stuff, walls, concrete etc, be nice not to have go flat out all the time. I’m not poor but it’s been a bloody slog, got to live each day as it’s your last and enjoy yourself 

You have my respect mate. My regrets and just trundling through life now puts me at 63 working in a mundane boring job with the most boring snidey backstabbing individuals I have ever known in my working life if I was to describe each one of them lad's on hear would think I needed psychiatric help. The only saving grace is I start the shift earlier and only have to put up with them for 4 and half hours. Every Sunday teatime a black cloud comes over me knowing another week is coming being around people I don't want to be around. It's now more than ever I wish I had listened and took a few risks in life when younger. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
34 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

You have my respect mate. My regrets and just trundling through life now puts me at 63 working in a mundane boring job with the most boring snidey backstabbing individuals I have ever known in my working life if I was to describe each one of them lad's on hear would think I needed psychiatric help. The only saving grace is I start the shift earlier and only have to put up with them for 4 and half hours. Every Sunday teatime a black cloud comes over me knowing another week is coming being around people I don't want to be around. It's now more than ever I wish I had listened and took a few risks in life when younger. 

Its never too late to make a change....at anytime in your life....just have to say f**k it,and take that first step👍

• Like 9
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

As DC said never too late I walked out of a maintenance managers job because the owner  was being a twat and kicked off at me. I warned him if he kept on I would walk, he carried on F'ing and blinding so walk outside and threw all my toosl in the car and drove off. Like a massive weight was lifted of my shoulders. Then nobody wants to know you when you pass 60. Perhaps I'm lucky can put my hand to most things so went self employed again doing any thing really, Gardening, Machine driving, hedge laying, stone walling, farm work, cutting grass maintenance you know just about any thing that came along. I loved it should have done it years before Fridays off long week ends your own boss. 

Wifey is 65 and not happy where she is. I told her to jack it in which she did, already got another job lined up with more money and happy as a pig in shit Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

If I don't like how something is going...Then I just f**k off,and start from scratch again...I dont care how much time/money/effort Ive put into it-I walk away....nothing and no cnut will ever  control or use me...life is too short,to wake up everyday and accept your lot,if your not happy...its only that face you see in the mirror,that truly gives a f**k about you,dont let money or a pussy ever control you ...lifes what you make of it folks 👍

• Like 7

Hopefully sold my house again, so will be cutting my working week to 4 days within months, then have a few more nest eggs to cash in by the end of the year and I,m possibly out of it for good but may stay on and just do the gardens for 3 days a week 

• Like 4
Just now, Greyman said:

Hopefully sold my house again, so will be cutting my working week to 4 days within months, then have a few more nest eggs to cash in by the end of the year and I,m possibly out of it for good but may stay on and just do the gardens for 3 days a week 

Good luck with it,you deserve it mate💯👍

• Like 1

If I could speak to my younger self, I'd say.

Don't ever start smoking , it's feckin, dangerous,  expensive,  it controls your life, and it makes you smell like shite.

Get a proper education , and don't waste your time being a dick.

Learn to communicate , instead of using your fists. Fighting is just a mugs game , that brings a world of shite. Even when you win , it still feckin hurts.

Stay the feck out of trouble , a criminal record follows you for your entire life , and can really hold you back.

Go and live in Australia , New Zealand , or Canada.   The UK is a shithole.

Spend more time with those you love the most , because one day they won't be here , and it's too late.

My younger self wouldn't listen , because he was a fool , that thought he knew everything,  when he actually knew feck all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Every Sunday teatime a black cloud comes over me knowing another week is coming being around people I don't want to be around. It's now more than ever I wish I had listened and took a few risks in life when younger. 

Yep i used to have that feeling, then I changed jobs, .....which saw me take a cut in pay, BUT  i now work with people that i like, that is priceless! 

• Like 2

Should of done better at school 

Got a trade when I left 

not got married !

big 50 this autumn now it’s do stuff while still can .

I’ve sold lot of my hobby stuff and books etc stuff I don’t really use or need going down to bare possessions and cash is been put into the bank 

cars changed for a cheap to tax and run job.

What I should have done is either emigrated or not frittered so much money on cars and hobby crap .

(All the gear and no idea ) lol

9 hours ago, Aled said:

Yep i used to have that feeling, then I changed jobs, .....which saw me take a cut in pay, BUT  i now work with people that i like, that is priceless! 

Really glad for you Aled. My problem is that it's a deep rutt I seem to be in job wise and that rutt gets deeper the older I get and the thing that gets me through the working week is knowing it's only a couple of years before retirement. Sad as it may seem to some. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Really glad for you Aled. My problem is that it's a deep rutt I seem to be in job wise and that rutt gets deeper the older I get and the thing that gets me through the working week is knowing it's only a couple of years before retirement. Sad as it may seem to some. 

Old fella I worked with used to say "I can't wait to get in that f***ing coffin."

He was dry alright. 😁

• Haha 2