Advice if you could

How well you do in school or how educated you are has nothing to do with how well you do in life it’s on you what you settle for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont go through life, looking at what others have...

If I could speak to my younger self, I'd say. Don't ever start smoking , it's feckin, dangerous,  expensive,  it controls your life, and it makes you smell like shite. Get a proper education

It depends what your after in life, I personally am uneducated, I like doing what I want if I fancy Monday off I will take it, I could nt work 5 days a week for someone else and I can’t work indoors c

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, poxon said:

How well you do in school or how educated you are has nothing to do with how well you do in life it’s on you what you settle for. 

I tell you what aswell poxon the private educated rich boys don’t like divs that work in construction doing well or better than them .

• Like 2
Just now, Qbgrey said:

I tell you what aswell poxon the private educated rich boys don’t like divs that work in construction doing well or better than them .

💯 mate 

On 02/03/2024 at 19:08, paulus said:

That making good money will never be achieved by conforming to the norm and working the nine to five routine, Take chances if they fail, just try again, Rules are often pliable if you know someone or understand how far they can be bent the future is brighter, 

Cant like this post for some reason,but good attitude that is i agree......for averagely educated working class lads to make real money in life they're either going to have to have something fall into their lap or have a rare talent for something,sporting/musical/whatever.....i think a lot of it is about knowing yourself and your environment i knew from a young age i wanted money but didnt have either the talent or hard working nature to achieve it so had to take risks a lot of lads from our way did,some of them fell at the first hurdle and then settled for " normal life " but a few of us were determined,nothing worth having is plain sailing and theres been plenty of bad times along the way but the only real regret i have personally and is something id definitely change is not being a particularly good father when the kids were young.....beyond that im perfectly happy with my lot and have achieved far more than i was told i would by certain so called " experts " when i was young.

• Like 6
On 02/03/2024 at 18:25, dai dogs said:

IMG_3578.jpeg

To be fair, the cane was the refuge of brutal sadistic pricks who wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life, small men happy to beat the granny out of kids.

They tried the cane with me twice and twice I said if you come near me with that I’ll wrap it round your f***ing head and beat you to death with it and they bottled it……a dig on the chin to a trapsy 18 year old is one thing but hitting 11,12,13 year olds with a stick is a c**ts game. 
jmho of course 

• Like 6

As far as advice to myself ?….don’t start smoking and play more & better football……..

That said, everyone’s a genius after the event and I had a whale of a time as a young man so why would I go changing ?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

As far as advice to myself ?….don’t start smoking and play more & better football……..

That said, everyone’s a genius after the event and I had a whale of a time as a young man so why would I go changing ?

f***ing football lol 

39 minutes ago, WILF said:

They tried the cane with me twice and twice I said if you come near me with that I’ll wrap it round your f***ing head and beat you to death with it and they bottled it……a dig on the chin to a trapsy 18 year old is one thing but hitting 11,12,13 year olds with a stick is a c**ts game. 
jmho of course 

Try that with Mr Bishop at our old school and he'd kick you up and down the concrete steps,big rugby player i wasnt the only kid who had later life thoughts on payback to that big sadistic ginger c**t.....but of course you never do.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

f***ing football lol 

Absolutely right, when you are old like me and your legs are worn out….if you could go back and play every game again you would and the ones you may have binned off you’d never miss.

• Like 1

I Wasted a lot of time on people who didn’t deserve it. I don’t mean that facetiously either , from 11 - 24 I literally lived in everyone else’s house bar my own. 

sometimes I wish I’d had the foresight to invest that time into something other than dogs , monging about , kicking a football and boozing . 

time is the most precious commodity in the world , everything else can be replaced . 

everything Else, pah , que sera sera . Let the cards fall where they land 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I Wasted a lot of time on people who didn’t deserve it. I don’t mean that facetiously either , from 11 - 24 I literally lived in everyone else’s house bar my own. 

sometimes I wish I’d had the foresight to invest that time into something other than dogs , monging about , kicking a football and boozing . 

time is the most precious commodity in the world , everything else can be replaced . 

everything Else, pah , que sera sera . Let the cards fall where they land 

I think it’s easy to think like that, but as I said we are all clever after the event.

Im a massive believer in every event in your life leads you to where you are…..wherever that is.

Even when you are going through bad shit, I’ve learned from experience that you don’t know where that path leads……without X then Y would never happen mate.

Cant regret it, you did it, it shaped you, that’s the end of it….

• Like 2

Some one once said to me though I can't recall who that if I had not wasted my time on dogs and poaching especially lurchers I might have been in a better position I am in now and a think na the people I've met and the memories were well worth it for my position in life now. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ain’t that the truth.

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Absolutely right, when you are old like me and your legs are worn out….if you could go back and play every game again you would and the ones you may have binned off you’d never miss.

i get ya mate i’ve got only good memory’s of football and other sports got to give it to me old lady we didn’t have a motor shed traipse all over bus walk to get me to games training etc most nights a the week when young months in holland playing tournaments great memorys didn’t take me to old age to wear  me legs out i was finished by 14 kept dislocating me knees take months to get back on me feet one rugby match i did both at once still haven’t felt pain like that it was on another level 

• Like 1

Don’t look back in anger, I think that’s a good thing that I believe, you will have regrets, things you did or thought you should of done. Never try to match other people, or get jealous of what others have . Be happy with your lot. In my eyes if you got beer, tits, wheels, a roof, then your doing ok

• Like 3