Project motorcycles before an after

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d start a post on project motorcycles that some of you lads have done or doing?  this is the little project I done a 03 kx125 she’s now a clean little bike that runs super clean and cri

Rebuilt my 1988 Honda XR 80R a few yrs back for my lads 10 th birthday...gives me a massive smile knowing he started off riding my first geared bike👍

A yammy TT  my bro did , he imported the bike from california 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, poxon said:

Bit of useless information I was doing a bit of reading on tinter net not so long ago it was saying the launch of 4strokes in motor cross was the worst thing that could of happened to the sport they said soon as the teams started switching to 4strokes blokes that were privateers packed in a lot of teams made there riders say 2smokers were wack and slow Jo public believe it but it was all a marketing ploy by manufacturers because 2smoke was a cheap form of racing bikes were relatively cheap new if they went pop they could be repaired quickly it was all a ploy to boost sales through dealership for spare parts an repairs at dealership madness really when you think about it all I still find it strange that if you want a 4stroke now to race your looking at 10k but if you want 2smoke 250 your pay about 7k-8k but have to race against 450 4strokes you can see why Suzuki an kawi stopped the 125,250 but pushed the 85-112cc because they know if you like the brand your have to spend 10k with them when you move up class 

Price of new mx bikes is scandalous, all bikes for that matter. Even more scandalous is the price of MTBs anything of decent spec is 5 grand right up to 13 14 grand. Lol. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, poxon said:

Bit of useless information I was doing a bit of reading on tinter net not so long ago it was saying the launch of 4strokes in motor cross was the worst thing that could of happened to the sport they said soon as the teams started switching to 4strokes blokes that were privateers packed in a lot of teams made there riders say 2smokers were wack and slow Jo public believe it but it was all a marketing ploy by manufacturers because 2smoke was a cheap form of racing bikes were relatively cheap new if they went pop they could be repaired quickly it was all a ploy to boost sales through dealership for spare parts an repairs at dealership madness really when you think about it all I still find it strange that if you want a 4stroke now to race your looking at 10k but if you want 2smoke 250 your pay about 7k-8k but have to race against 450 4strokes you can see why Suzuki an kawi stopped the 125,250 but pushed the 85-112cc because they know if you like the brand your have to spend 10k with them when you move up class 

ye mate it was all a con you need double the displacement really to compete you put a 250f against a 250 2 stroke. it would be comical the 2 stroke is much quicker 

the all stopped 2 stroke apart from ktm a few have started back again the last few year 

both easy enough to fix but the 2 stroke quicker to strip and put back together 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Price of new mx bikes is scandalous, all bikes for that matter. Even more scandalous is the price of MTBs anything of decent spec is 5 grand right up to 13 14 grand. Lol. 

Crazy ain’t it I’ve been keeping my eye on the kx 250s 2strokes on fle bay for my next bike but the prices are mental most are wanting 6.5k for rough looking bikes there’s the odd 3.5k kx250 they all in need of a proper rebuild 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I bought a mint condition old 900 Monster off this shop I believe the owners names Frank if memory serves me right, I walked into the shop and my mind was blown all the old jap classics Italian classics you name it he had one in mint condition but obviously at a price, if I remember right the shops in Ruislip near the A40 have a look at his stock it’s real trip down memory lane.

WWW.MOTORCYCLESUNLIMITED.CO.UK

The Classic and Vintage Motorcycle Dealers in West London | Japanese and British Classic and Vintage Motorbikes in top condition wanted for instant cash.

Did they used to advertise in mcn and at the bottom of their listing they had the infamous cess pit ? lol 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Did they used to advertise in mcn and at the bottom of their listing they had the infamous cess pit ? lol 

I stumbled upon them whilst looking for an early carbie Monster he had one with 1800 mile on it, when I went to do the deal I remember seeing mint Bennelis an unbelievable 750 kettle that looked like it had just come out of the crate you could tell by the bolts that it had never seen any action also early RDs with the peanut shaped tank lots of them, it’s a real interesting place to spend a couple of hours you could easily walk out of there skint lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

first of the 4 stroke crossers wasn’t it yzf426 

No ... 

Yz400m was 

39 minutes ago, Chid said:

No ... 

Yz400m was 

you are correct

In 2001 the WR400F's became the WR426F, increasing the displacement to 426 cc (26.0 cu in) for greater power and throttle response.

4 hours ago, poxon said:

Crazy ain’t it I’ve been keeping my eye on the kx 250s 2strokes on fle bay for my next bike but the prices are mental most are wanting 6.5k for rough looking bikes there’s the odd 3.5k kx250 they all in need of a proper rebuild 

The electrician i work with has a kx 250 2stroke that hasn't turned a wheel in never 9 years and in mint condition, his brother owned it and done a full nut and bolt restoration and full engine rebuild then decided he didn't like it (he's loaded) and give it my work mate.