Where to find good lurchers

New member here🫡

Ive been working the same two lurchers for the past 7 years. They served me very well but theyre slowing down now and a collection of bangs and bruises from all their hard work over the years mean that its time for retirement. A relation has taken them to enjoy retirement in a family home.

Im on the hunt for some young blood but good well bred lurcher pups seem to be few and far between here in Ireland. 

Just wondering where people go to for good working stock these days. Im not familiar with any good breeders. Id be happy to even import a pup from UK if needs be.

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had eight confirmed and two backfilled in a couple of hours one morning;   Cheers.

Maybe I should breed my own. Reckon I could get my hands on a retired greyhound bitch. If you want something done right you should do it yourself i was always told🙈🤣

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Lurch99 said:

New member here🫡

Ive been working the same two lurchers for the past 7 years. They served me very well but theyre slowing down now and a collection of bangs and bruises from all their hard work over the years mean that its time for retirement. A relation has taken them to enjoy retirement in a family home.

Im on the hunt for some young blood but good well bred lurcher pups seem to be few and far between here in Ireland. 

Just wondering where people go to for good working stock these days. Im not familiar with any good breeders. Id be happy to even import a pup from UK if needs be.

You will have to if you want ote decent 

• Thanks 1

At the top of the lurcher section theres a dog transporter ireland -uk being advertised. So you wont have any problems getting a dog to you. Also, theres a litter of salukis on here in ireland not long ago, i dont know if theres any left but they look good. 

8 hours ago, Black neck said:

You will have to if you want ote decent 

Don’t waste your time going across the water 😂 all jokes aside it’s very hard to come across good lurchers now and any fella breeding them is normally doing it for himself and the lads that’s with them. 

• Like 2

As said difficult to find pups off tested parents in there field now doing there jobs single and well even coursing dogs seem to be getting lamped on there main quarry more than ever which is not really testing them or what there bred for just pointless imo but each to there own as they say.

Depends what your looking for I suppose  but either way hope you find what your looking for pal

It's going to get harder and harder to find a decent lurcher. Over here in NSW it's all but impossible now. People don't have time for dogs anymore, too busy working to pay bills. Probably a good thing as they will only be kept by keen dogmen and the pups available will be genuine working pups. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, dodger said:

As said difficult to find pups off tested parents in there field now doing there jobs single and well even coursing dogs seem to be getting lamped on there main quarry more than ever which is not really testing them or what there bred for just pointless imo but each to there own as they say.

Depends what your looking for I suppose  but either way hope you find what your looking for pal

loads still at it daytime dodger 

im out twice a week day sometimes more if i’m nipping odd run on walk plus lamping 

pop next season mate book in now for say beginning of december see if i have a lamper or day dog lol 

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

loads still at it daytime dodger 

im out twice a week day sometimes more if i’m nipping odd run on walk plus lamping 

pop next season mate book in now for say beginning of december see if i have a lamper or day dog lol 

Dosser

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, dodger said:

You’re right there, I’ve nothing against it people can run whatever they want with their own dogs but I know lads that’ll slag people off for lamping hares then go do it themselves with daytime bred dogs

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

You’re right there, I’ve nothing against it people can run whatever they want with their own dogs but I know lads that’ll slag people off for lamping hares then go do it themselves with daytime bred dogs

i don’t lamp hares mate maybe a handful a season tops it won’t be my dogs 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t lamp hares mate maybe a handful a season tops it won’t be my dogs 

No I wasn’t meaning you I mean people I know, but you’ve just said it yourself a handful a season so you do lamp hares then? Don’t know why coursing men get so uptight about it even the ones that say they’re strongly against it still do it, don’t see why it’s such a big deal