French Farmers

13 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

the ancient mayans, had a black soil type, its the most fertile type there is but modern scientists cant create it, i wonder why? I think the ancients composted their own human waste and put it back into the food chain at the bottom level

All those blood sacrifices, soil was a big black pudding! 

• Haha 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are blinded with trying to be creationists when the only creator got it right the 1st time, they need to look at nature for the answers, God has given us this planet we need to get back in touch

Big drive for proced foods.  veganism..and lab grown shite 

Just giving you the nod, it’s a mixture of Methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and ammonia….it will flatten a person in a second so just keep in mind if storing any and when handling.  I kno

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

human shit gets sprayed on the fields don’t it 

Nope not allowed. Some commercial wastes are land injected but thats getting heavily restricted as farmers have been known "not to follow the rules". 

10 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Nope not allowed. Some commercial wastes are land injected but thats getting heavily restricted as farmers have been known "not to follow the rules". 

they spray human shit on fields mate some even chunks a waste 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

they spray human shit on fields mate some even chunks a waste 

Don't doubt its happening but its not allowed especially raw, It has to be processed and turned into bio solids which is a expensive process. There are shit loads (excuse the pun) of regulations surrounding it but its very difficult to control.

Sewage in its pure form is a bio hazard and comes under the COSHH regs there is no way spraying raw human shit on to a field that has potentially harmful micro organisms going back into the food chain would be allowed.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Don't doubt its happening but its not allowed especially raw, It has to be processed and turned into bio solids which is a expensive process. There are shit loads (excuse the pun) of regulations surrounding it but its very difficult to control.

Sewage in its pure form is a bio hazard and comes under the COSHH regs there is no way spraying raw human shit on to a field that has potentially harmful micro organisms going back into the food chain would be allowed.

i’m not a farmer mate like you say a lot of  it is chunks solids that’s been left a while isnt it 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m not a farmer mate like you say a lot of  it is chunks solids that’s been left a while isnt it 

Think it's heat treated first, they call it grey waste round here. Think the stuff that's not as well treated needs ploughing in within a certain time frame. The waste contractors were doing the spreading and ploughing so it was a good deal for the farmers. There was a company local doing it so saw it regularly a few years back. Perhaps they have changed it now because I'm not seeing it about the same 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I think they just mix it with slurry here and crack on ! Lol……some lad who can barely read and couldn’t give two fucks because he knows how to count his money ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Farmer who I get my poultry food from told me I can have as much cow slurry as I want for my allotments for free. It’s supposed to be better than horse manure.

Just need to source some containers with secure lids, don’t want it all over the back of the motor ! 
Cheers.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Farmer who I get my poultry food from told me I can have as much cow slurry as I want for my allotments for free. It’s supposed to be better than horse manure.

Just need to source some containers with secure lids, don’t want it all over the back of the motor ! 
Cheers.

Careful of the gas if you are keeping it sealed and stored mate, it’s lethal. 👍

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Careful of the gas if you are keeping it sealed and stored mate, it’s lethal. 👍

Yeah, they would only be sealed from the farm to the allotment, about two miles, then spread on the raised beds

I made a load of nettle soup liquid compost and that ferments and gases aswell.

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Yeah, they would only be sealed from the farm to the allotment, about two miles, then spread on the raised beds

I made a load of nettle soup liquid compost and that ferments and gases aswell.

Cheers.

Just giving you the nod, it’s a mixture of Methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and ammonia….it will flatten a person in a second so just keep in mind if storing any and when handling. 
I know you’re a grown up but better to say than read on here “Did you hear about poor old Charts, found stiff as a board amongst the cabbages covered in cow shit “ lol 

• Haha 7
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Just giving you the nod, it’s a mixture of Methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and ammonia….it will flatten a person in a second so just keep in mind if storing any and when handling. 
I know you’re a grown up but better to say than read on here “Did you hear about poor old Charts, found stiff as a board amongst the cabbages covered in cow shit “ lol 

I’m a great believer in getting advice from people that know what they are talking about. I’m learning all the time about growing stuff and getting the most produce for the least cost.

The horse lads drop off a load of horse manure now and again, one of the lads is a tree surgeon and drops off bark mulch, we help each other out with fertile eggs and use each other’s broody hens to replace our hens, and there’s a good barter system going on.

Maybe something for the “preppers” to think about ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 31/01/2024 at 18:48, Lenmcharristar said:

the ancient mayans, had a black soil type, its the most fertile type there is but modern scientists cant create it, i wonder why? I think the ancients composted their own human waste and put it back into the food chain at the bottom level

Amazonian black earth 

• Like 1

Donegal farmers blocked the carriageway into letterkenny last night,its a start fairplay,i detest the supposed irish goverment,they are mere puppets of the eu.

An african man commited 8 sexual assaults in the ten years living in ire,8 ffs didnt get deported an not in jail or shot in the head,then manages to get a job in hospital an caught masterbating at foot of a bed of a patient just out of surgery.

Iv no words honestly,a woman was gang raped in gweedore by 4 migrants apparently,nothing done no one arrested.

On a good note a fellow niall mconnell has managed to stop a mega mosque being built in letterkenny,he put in an objection based on theres a christian  holy well on the site an its been put on hold for six months,hes a good man i signed it.

The pushback is on

• Like 2