Bull greyhounds or saluki bull greyhounds?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/8th 5/8th bull grey. Doing good for me so far. Around 15 month. Just started to switch on. Plenty quick enough for me.   

I'm on here 2 meet men ,why you on here

I enjoyed 30 yrs of digging,but times have changed Thats why ive a couple of russells and a plummer bitch these days..dont need eyes in your arse😉can have a wander places and not have the stress 👍

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sully. said:

I would go off the basis of are you hoping to do more edibles or teeth? If teeth stick to straight bull greyhounds.
Saluki’s aren’t great dogs for teeth.

How did the pups turn out from your choc dog to the saluki type bitch? I seen them advertised on here a couple of years ago, wished I had room at the time!

30 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

How did the pups turn out from your choc dog to the saluki type bitch? I seen them advertised on here a couple of years ago, wished I had room at the time!

Wasn’t me pal, that dog went to a buddy in England. Game dog but uncontrollable. The lord himself wouldn’t get him to listen to ya. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, paulus said:

Personally i think you need to clarify on what you think an all rounder is. 

An all-rounder for me would be a dog that will take all game but excels at some jobs better than others. I personally would want something that will handle bigger edibles more than other jobs but will still get into other stuff when the opportunity arises. I'm probably asking to much!😉

1 hour ago, Backandbeyond said:

An all-rounder for me would be a dog that will take all game but excels at some jobs better than others. I personally would want something that will handle bigger edibles more than other jobs but will still get into other stuff when the opportunity arises. I'm probably asking to much!😉

Definitely not asking too much.. good dogs will do most things 

Imho they are good for f***ing about with on the lamp as you’d expect but i think the cross looses a bit of each types strengths . 

Bull x to coursing lurcher type  is the best way I’ve seen it done , wouldn’t worry too much about percentages

On 25/01/2024 at 23:02, Backandbeyond said:

Sounds like a great mix mate and makes sense what your saying. You run similar dogs just now? I did run a saluki bull greyhound a while back that did well all-round but did lack the drive that I seen in just bull greyhounds for real drive and determination 👍

I have three, all along a similar theme, but all subtly different. One is a nephew of the above mentioned dog. A mate has a son of the dog mentioned above and another a daughter. It’s like everything, you cannot put into a dog what is not there. All most of us are trying to achieve is a physical body capable of carrying a dog to its quarry, but it’s the heart in it which decides what happens then. 

• Like 1

If you want a dog that don't give 2 fs you need a bull x mate I've ran a few saluki grey bull grey but they weren't a patch on a decent bull grey bred dog I've got 1 of both this breeding in my kennels now and I can tell you the bull greys got the working style I favour more even though the saluki bull grey is abit more laid back he lacks in some things but in his defence working wise he never had best start til.i had him.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Penda said:

If you want a dog that don't give 2 fs you need a bull x mate I've ran a few saluki grey bull grey but they weren't a patch on a decent bull grey bred dog I've got 1 of both this breeding in my kennels now and I can tell you the bull greys got the working style I favour more even though the saluki bull grey is abit more laid back he lacks in some things but in his defence working wise he never had best start til.i had him.

What make up is the bull greyhound you have mate? I've got it in my head that if I went for a bull greyhound lurcher inside of a SBG then a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull would be better for daytime big edibles. Have seen some bullxs a bit too muscle bound so a strong racy type is what I'm ideally looking for. 

9 hours ago, Whoknows said:

I have three, all along a similar theme, but all subtly different. One is a nephew of the above mentioned dog. A mate has a son of the dog mentioned above and another a daughter. It’s like everything, you cannot put into a dog what is not there. All most of us are trying to achieve is a physical body capable of carrying a dog to its quarry, but it’s the heart in it which decides what happens then. 

Any pics of them mate?

13 minutes ago, Backandbeyond said:

What make up is the bull greyhound you have mate? I've got it in my head that if I went for a bull greyhound lurcher inside of a SBG then a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull would be better for daytime big edibles. Have seen some bullxs a bit too muscle bound so a strong racy type is what I'm ideally looking for. 

If you plan on running daytime the saluki blood will bring a lot to the table, as long as it’s the right saluki blood

1 hour ago, Backandbeyond said:

My dogs a 3/8 5/8 type his dad was 2nd gen mom was mine but not to sure of her percentage decent dog when she was on form 28tts dads line I've owned a few out of they go to some decent bring dad was a heavy looking dog but would stop day time roe no problem brother to mine is abit taller then mine very leggy but got the weight on him for when it's needed it's all down to the breeding in dogs mate not always a guarantee buy if its there it'll come out some where my dog has some well known bull xs in his line or bull blood I should say Joe's Jack's in there who bred Arthur Jack was a good dog by all acounts that's way back in the line but like I said it all shows not saying he's best I've had he's a nut case that's for sure got a good nose on him if he gets hold of something you ain't getting him off til the fat lady sings let's just say that 😉 

• Like 1