Hand Held Electric Chain saw!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got a 2000 watt Titan mains chainsaw from Screwfix you wouldn’t believe the amount of wood I’ve cut up with it from pallets to tree trunks it still keeps on going only £54 when it dies I will be

I use one of these...ive cut hundreds of trees this last 12months with it...spend too much down time when using petrol saws....first one I grab these days...dropped some big stuff with it,can use it w

thought you were a builder not a tree surgeon, unless your branching out, where did i leave my coat.,,,,,

Posted Images

15 hours ago, comanche said:

A couple of gardeners l know have them.  No messing about with pull starts and petrol mix just to nip off a couple of little branches. They get in places a bow saw or loppers won't  fit . A big plus is that like  the rest of their  battery powered kit ,it gets charged on the customer's electricity🙂

Being such a short chain and bar l would guess it does get some concentrated wear so keeping the cutters sharp is pretty important. 

You can start earlier too.

35 minutes ago, Aled said:

Nice jokes, and some good replies, thanks all,  i think i may looking at a Titan brand. Cheers. Aled 

Have been looking at getting one myself lately and if you just want to dip your toe in without spending loads these things seem to hold there own with the bigger boys, don’t bother with the real budget ones they have no safety features a lad on a boat near me bought one last year £20 new had it on his lap to sharpen the chain and the trigger just engaged under the weight of the saw and chopped a good chunk out of his leg, all chainsaws perform better if the chain is well lubed and kept sharp, I run the sharpener over mine before and after every usage 

55CC6F49-B174-4880-8774-51C6371697ED.png

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

don’t bother with the real budget ones they have no safety features a lad on a boat near me bought one last year £20 new had it on his lap to sharpen the chain and the trigger just engaged under the weight of the saw and chopped a good chunk out of his leg,  

55CC6F49-B174-4880-8774-51C6371697ED.png

Yep blame the saw when it's clearly the stupidity of the user .. 

You wouldn't sharpen a petrol saw when it's running so why sharpen a battery one with the battery's in FFS. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Chid said:

Yep blame the saw when it's clearly the stupidity of the user .. 

You wouldn't sharpen a petrol saw when it's running so why sharpen a battery one with the battery's in FFS. 

The trigger had no safety button or guard so in any situation if you placed it down it would engage so yes I would blame the saw, I know there is a lot of user era with chainsaws which is why they need to be idiot proof or licensed to some degree

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The trigger had no safety button or guard so in any situation if you placed it down it would engage so yes I would blame the saw, I know there is a lot of user era with chainsaws which is why they need to be idiot proof or licensed to some degree

should have taken the battery out before sharpening 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, greg64 said:

should have taken the battery out before sharpening 

That goes without saying but the point I am trying to make is the thing is dangerous every time the battery is in it there is no two button trigger,trigger guard or chain brake like on any other power tool and the trigger protrudes so can engage the chain whenever you place it down so my advice remains the same, spend a few quid more and avoid the bottom end of the market if you value your limbs and digits 

• Like 2