Milkman vs supermarket

4 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Yes milk delivered seems to have a short life ,doesn't tolerate being left out of fridge, so a summer morning on doorstep is not good 

I guess that's because it's more fresh n natural straight from farm makes sense really so I'll keep getting it for the boys when they come..

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the best and good luck. I cannot possibly imagine how hard that is for a father to go through. 

I’d rather drink a glass of milk than anything else  did 5 years on the crates as a school boy , loved it ,never paid for a drop while growing up , took as much as I could carry . still use it fo

The problem I have now is she is reading my messages ie when can I see the boys next and you need to reply to my messages there is no communication which is needed but refusing to reply I'm all for be

Stopped getting mine delivered about July/August last year because the milkman started to leave the milk about 10/11 pm. The reason was them covering each others rounds for holidays ETC. Not a problem when its cold but not good through the summer. Shame as the milk is a lot better than the supermarket stuff.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, dodger said:

I guess that's because it's more fresh n natural straight from farm makes sense really so I'll keep getting it for the boys when they come..

Not really mate the milk in the super market in Homogenized. Which means the milk has been forced through very fine filters to mix the cream and fats through out the milk. This intern help the milk keep longer. You can see that as there is no cream at the top of the bottle.

I think I right in saying that Milkmen are not allowed to deliver milk in plastic container only glass bottles. As I said before I hung on to doorstep delivery's but the milk tasted a day or two old even if it was taken in early, so dropped it in the end.

When I was a kid a couple of us use to go out on the lorry with the driver picking up milk in churns. We would sometimes tip a bit of the milk into the lid and drink it. Now that had a taste was like single cream mixed with milk and lovely on a cold morning.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Not really mate the milk in the super market in Homogenized. Which means the milk has been forced through very fine filters to mix the cream and fats through out the milk. This intern help the milk keep longer. You can see that as there is no cream at the top of the bottle.

I think I right in saying that Milkmen are not allowed to deliver milk in plastic container only glass bottles. As I said before I hung on to doorstep delivery's but the milk tasted a day or two old even if it was taken in early, so dropped it in the end.

When I was a kid a couple of us use to go out on the lorry with the driver picking up milk in churns. We would sometimes tip a bit of the milk into the lid and drink it. Now that had a taste was like single cream mixed with milk and lovely on a cold morning.

Cheers Arry

Think your wrong about the milkman and plastic bottles , loads deliver plastic bottles .

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chid said:

Think your wrong about the milkman and plastic bottles , loads deliver plastic bottles .

Right was told by a manager of a Dairycrest site I used to fish with but things might have changed was a while ago.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Yea deliver plastic now aswel think uv to ask for it but used to just get the milk delivered so could get a bottle of the fresh orange aswel but just get from supermarket now as just get a 6 pinter and use at will as some days we don't use much then others the can get 2 6 pinters in day 

• Like 1

I’d rather drink a glass of milk than anything else 

did 5 years on the crates as a school boy , loved it ,never paid for a drop while growing up , took as much as I could carry . still use it for smoothies etc everyday 

love it 

• Like 4
On 15/01/2024 at 21:23, dodger said:

Think I remember you saying you didn't get the kids at Christmas like you were hoping. Have you been getting some quality time in with them since pal? 

Apologies if I have the wrong person 

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Think I remember you saying you didn't get the kids at Christmas like you were hoping. Have you been getting some quality time in with them since pal? 

Apologies if I have the wrong person 

Hi mate thanks n yes they came back from Japan on the 5th to London on which I video called them I'm not a fan of vc as with them being young it's difficult to keep there concentration but due to the distance it is what it is but they were really happy to see me daddy this daddy that etc

I was scheduled to see and have them at mine last Friday night which I was really looking forward to so off to the train station n stood there waiting for the train the train came in everybody got off except my kids I was gutted so tried to message n call her no response so contacted my lawer for the first time in 2 years since the court cases was finally done with n she replied that I need to file for an enforcement order or something but I'm stuck between a rock n a hard place with it really as although I won both previous court cases it left me weary but don't do anything n she's taking the piss n being a barrier between me n the boys of which contact is already a struggle.

So I'm going to have a consultation with the lawyer this arvo to see if I can find out some more information👍

• Sad 2
28 minutes ago, dodger said:

Hi mate thanks n yes they came back from Japan on the 5th to London on which I video called them I'm not a fan of vc as with them being young it's difficult to keep there concentration but due to the distance it is what it is but they were really happy to see me daddy this daddy that etc

I was scheduled to see and have them at mine last Friday night which I was really looking forward to so off to the train station n stood there waiting for the train the train came in everybody got off except my kids I was gutted so tried to message n call her no response so contacted my lawer for the first time in 2 years since the court cases was finally done with n she replied that I need to file for an enforcement order or something but I'm stuck between a rock n a hard place with it really as although I won both previous court cases it left me weary but don't do anything n she's taking the piss n being a barrier between me n the boys of which contact is already a struggle.

So I'm going to have a consultation with the lawyer this arvo to see if I can find out some more information👍

Wishing you the very best of luck Dodger. Hope it all works out mate. I feel for you missing your kids.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, dodger said:

All the best and good luck. I cannot possibly imagine how hard that is for a father to go through. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dodger said:

Fight to see your kids mate do whatever it takes....you'll regret it if you dont....wish you the best :thumbs:

• Like 3
On 17/01/2024 at 13:38, DIDO.1 said:

It's a living nightmare mate you do what you can to take your mind off it but it's always there taking over almost zombie like then when we you think you can switch off by going to sleep you can't with so much on your mind almost like insomnia n then when you can you get bad dreams so never goes away.

The only time I'm right is when I have them which was one weekend a fortnight pre the seizer 6 months ago but even then horrible once I'd taken them back but atleast I knew as long as she didn't let me down thed be back a fortnight later which was better than when they had been abducted and I hadn't seen them for 16 months.

• Sad 2