Milkman vs supermarket

I like milk n drink a fair bit of it n reckon it tastes better off the milkman whether that's just because of the glass bottles or more to it i don't know but at double the price of supermarkets I get most of mine from the latter but when the kids stay its the milk man for them so just wondering who on here pays the extra n has a milkman as some must do as there still seems to be a few at it..

• Thanks 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the best and good luck. I cannot possibly imagine how hard that is for a father to go through. 

I’d rather drink a glass of milk than anything else  did 5 years on the crates as a school boy , loved it ,never paid for a drop while growing up , took as much as I could carry . still use it fo

The problem I have now is she is reading my messages ie when can I see the boys next and you need to reply to my messages there is no communication which is needed but refusing to reply I'm all for be

We don't have a milkman, but you can but Moo juice from the front of a local ish farm Lol

MIDDLEFIELDSMOOJUICE.CO.UK

Dairy farm on the outskirts of Hinckley. Selling farm fresh pasteurised milk from our herd of pedigree British friesian cows. No plastic,zero food miles just great...

We have one of them aswell like a machine opposite the farm to help yourself to milk or milkshakes tbh the milkshakes just tast the same as one of those sodastreme things from the 80s not that good just thin consistency n chemically tasting 

6 minutes ago, dodger said:

We have one of them aswell like a machine opposite the farm to help yourself to milk or milkshakes tbh the milkshakes just tast the same as one of those sodastreme things from the 80s not that good just thin consistency n chemically tasting 

Agreed its overpriced shite Lol

Not had milk delivered for years just get them 4 pint plastic containers from the supermarket. A lad started a milk round a wile back around were I live and no end were getting stolen off doorsteps by the smakheads and thieves roaming about. 

Just now, tatsblisters said:

Not had milk delivered for years just get them 4 pint plastic containers from the supermarket. A lad started a milk round a wile back around were I live and no end were getting stolen off doorsteps by the smakheads and thieves roaming about. 

Same here it's about 1.50 for 4 pints at supermarket n although for some reason tastes miles better from milkman its double that.

Shame about the lad loosing out to thieves its sort of thing schools kids might do that..

Milkman here delivered milk in plastic containers, never glass wouldn't drink loads so cancelled it and just buy it when we need it 

11 minutes ago, dodger said:

Same here it's about 1.50 for 4 pints at supermarket n although for some reason tastes miles better from milkman its double that.

Shame about the lad loosing out to thieves its sort of thing schools kids might do that..

A few we're seen on them door bell cameras and they wernt kid's. One was identified as a local druggy. If I lived in a rural village or small quiet village and there was a milkman I would not hesitate to have milk delivered as like you I think it tastes better out of the glass bottle. 

28 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A few we're seen on them door bell cameras and they wernt kid's. One was identified as a local druggy. If I lived in a rural village or small quiet village and there was a milkman I would not hesitate to have milk delivered as like you I think it tastes better out of the glass bottle. 

Yeh was doubting you on who was doing the thieving mate I just meant you'd of expected it to of been kids👍 n yeh maybe tastes better out of the glass due to the chemicals in the plastic that's the only thing I can think of or fresher..

Milk and my guts don't get on but when we were getting milk delivered the little prick would randomly turn up when the bill had gotten to more than we would usually have in the house in cash then be arsey that we didn't have it on us which pissed me off so he got f****d off. 

• Like 1

I only have milk in tea and coffee now I went over to Oat milk (alpo creamy)for breakfast cereals along with berries trying to have a more healthy diet, I now prefer it. The milk we do buy in that Cravendale stuff last for about 3 weeks much more convenient and tastes fine. We held out for years with a milkman but the quality did drop it was like yesterdays milk or milk that had been left out on the door step.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Arry said:

I only have milk in tea and coffee now I went over to Oat milk (alpo creamy)for breakfast cereals along with berries trying to have a more healthy diet, I now prefer it. The milk we do buy in that Cravendale stuff last for about 3 weeks much more convenient and tastes fine. We held out for years with a milkman but the quality did drop it was like yesterdays milk or milk that had been left out on the door step.

Cheers Arry

Yes milk delivered seems to have a short life ,doesn't tolerate being left out of fridge, so a summer morning on doorstep is not good 

• Like 2