• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Sometimes dogs on the back seat and a boot full is the only way, unless you fancy driving a 5/6 hour round trip twice which doesn’t sound much fun to me 

I Always Cwtch up for a few hrs,get some shut eye...then do the 'death run' home in the  morning traffic  ,with anything more than a few rabbits...your asking for trouble driving about far from home,any place rural these days,day or night...even worse if your got a few well worked terriers and not a permission slip in site😬🙈IMG-20191123-WA0001.jpg.d852245fb59e356264a56b638c8c2a0c.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

I havnt allowed game in my lamping motors in well over a decade, it gets towed or hitchs a lift on the bonnet to get picked up in another motor.

IMGP1024.JPG

Up there for thinking down there for dancing 💃 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

The UK is becoming more and more like a police state every year for us indigenous.

I had a kid try and tell me the other day the fens not hot I said what rock you been under

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Penda said:

I used to own a real clever dog on the deer he weren't the fastest of dogs but hell he could kill a deer with out making a mark on the carcass, he used to sneak up on the feckers with a pillow and smother them to death I never seen feck all like but he put a few to rest boar were abit harder used to use the whole duvet

The 15 tog dogs are few and far between, brindles are known as stealth togs, that's stealth togs not stealth dogs, you know?

Not the best head gear on this buck but he was a big animal and the tracking action was great I remember it like it was last night and it was over a decade ago in the 2009 rut if I remember correctly. Two dogs went out after him Maurice and Bess(half x bull). Maurice was a young dog still learning his trade at this point in time, he got distracted by a few doe's running across in front as he was running down the beam to get on the buck he took off after them, Bess just continued down the beam, Maurice was left to catch up. Bess keeping focus on the job in hand went straight down the beam and got on the buck, being a half x bull she tried in typical fashion the use of brute force and ignorance to try and stop the buck bulldozing into it and hitting high to try and get it over twice she bounced off with no joy then Maurice caught up and got back in on the action, he ran alongside connected low on a front leg and brought the buck to a stop it never moved another inch he made it look easy compared to what Bess was trying to bring it down. From a young age Maurice was something special when dealing with bucks I was well buzzing to say the least.

SSA40616_zps5c10942a.jpg

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

Is that a full deerhound if you don't mind me asking sir? Impressive looking hound whatever it is.

It’s an Ozzy stag hound. Just pics I’ve pulled from the Boar dogs site.

Cheers

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

The 15 tog dogs are few and far between, brindles are known as stealth togs, that's stealth togs not stealth dogs, you know?

Bantam thieves

11 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

My old bitch was only little she’d grab hock and pull anchors on then go for the throat hold and if the little cocker patterdale got there before you did the bitch would sit five foot away and at little one would be on the throat 

Some dogs know how to anchor some don’t seen big dogs go for walk holding a roe and little dogs anchor them.