• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the lads at work was dragged into the timber roller today whilst attempting to remove a side branch, I took the chainsaw out of his hands as he pulled his shirt over his head, he was very lucky

Mate, exactly the same... you know the real thick kid on the estate...whole family got something missing, but he is another level...well that unfortunate kid was sat out on a branch sawing beside hims

sat eating your dinner giggling yeah right

Posted Images

Will watch that later. It was bad enough here in uk but typically the yanks do everything bigger so there trees are lot bigger so more risk. Closest I came was hung up tree that I forgot about fell on me sent me sliding down hill with chainsaw bar bout inch from my face going full blast cause cause my fingers stuck on throttle. One guy lost am arm on tracker pto . One had tree split and caught him right between legs sent him air born. Few scarred for life one chap across the face. Good times I do miss it 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Had a long spell cutting down trees and logging in general. It was a winter thing whilst the marquees were quiet. Dropped an ash over a bit of a ditch on our shoot but unfortunately was by myself. Long story short, trapped in said ditch under the tree. No phone and no assistance. Was quite an experience getting out of that one. Jok.

• Like 1

One of the lads at work was dragged into the timber roller today whilst attempting to remove a side branch, I took the chainsaw out of his hands as he pulled his shirt over his head, he was very lucky it was only his clothes that were written off

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
46 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

One of the lads at work was dragged into the timber roller today whilst attempting to remove a side branch, I took the chainsaw out of his hands as he pulled his shirt over his head, he was very lucky it was only his clothes that were written off

Christ lucky it don’t take much. Todays health and safety must be right ball ache but definitely saves lives 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I once watched a lad saw himself off a bough . Stupid c**t 

Did something very similar once 😂 they asked me to trim branch off tree in the school field. Put ladder up against it. Thought piece piss this compared to what I normally did. Trimmed end off this big branch but what I didn’t consider was once the weight was removed off the end the branch sprung up. I had the ladder hanging on by about an inch. No one noticed and I shimmied down pretty quick. Would looked right plum if that ladder had gone and I face planted in school Field 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I once watched a lad saw himself off a bough . Stupid c**t 

Mate, exactly the same... you know the real thick kid on the estate...whole family got something missing, but he is another level...well that unfortunate kid was sat out on a branch sawing beside himself the trunk side...me and my brother stood and watched...to mean/curious or down right little fuckers to stop him... the inevitable crashing to the ground through the branches below was great though, like when the chimps have a fight on an Attenborough programme and one gets launched out of the tree.... lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 5

It’s easy done if your mind wanders I m not a tree surgeon but I did need the finger surgeon after I changed the log splitting head to a cross one , had my thumb protecting my son from a split log flying off the side, my thumb was just over top of log. I did nt feel a thing until my son shouted, cut threw the very bottom of the nail, bone and almost right the way off. Got it fixed back amazingly.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, WILF said:

When I was a kid we was sat having dinner one evening when there’s a knock at the kitchen door.

Old boy who lived over the road had been f***ing about trimming a tree with a chainsaw and cut 2 of his fingers off.

My mum let’s him in with a big bath towel wrapped round his hand all soaked in blood and my mums all panicking and dancing about.

My old man didn’t move, says to him “f**k me George, you don’t look too clever what you done ?”

”Ive cut two of my fingers off H” says the old boy in some distress.

My old man says “Well sit in the corner there while I finish my dinner and then I’ll take you up the hospital “

Lol !

My mum thought that was just awful and was rucking the life out my old man while me and him just sat eating our dinner giggling ! Lol 

Poor old George was sat in the corner white as a sheet while all this went on. 

sat eating your dinner giggling yeah right

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...