• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Told her I wasn't bothered what she had at the wedding as long as I could have hounds there 

Same as that lads, I remember I was laid on the sofa practicing doing f**k all (as per Micky Flanagan) and she suggested getting married and that she’d seen a nice ring she liked second hand in a jewe

Ours cost nothing ...a friend of my wife she gave hers to us as she was divorced...it cost several grand....I hate wearing any jewellery including watches ....but Mrs insisted I have one....it cost £2

Posted Images

Having been married before and had the big church do i didnt want all that again second time round but it was my lady's first marriage and she wanted the whole 9 yards......so gentleman as i am we had a great big wedding on the West Ham pitch 😂.....regards rings i said choose whichever one you want just as long as i dont have to wear one.....i eventually got talked into getting one for myself and went down Argos and got a £7.99 stainless steel one !......i must have gone through about 5 of them over the years losing them i have a bad habit of twiddling about with it if im wearing it,it drives her mad so best leave it off.

• Like 2

We got married abroad, said to our family and mates this is where we are going and if you wanna come great, if not no worries... ended up 35 coming with us to St Lucia, plus our 3 kids... was brilliant, we had a great holiday, got married and back on the beach in the afternoon... suited us completely, cost us around £4k all in, was looking at £20k - £30k if we done the church, reception, car, food, cake....blah blah... oh and our rings, mine is a cheap silver band, £15 I think, she got married in a cheap silver band tenner maybe.. it ended up going green so I got her a nice one a few years later.... I'm still wearing my cheapy....

You gotta do what suits you mate, you can't put a cost on it, as a few have said it's what you do after your we'd that counts ..

• Like 6
16 hours ago, TOMO said:

Aren't you only 24 or 25 Wolfdog91 ?....bit young for all that marriage stuff....I was a walking hard on at that age snagging every bird that would stand still long enough...43 when I married 

26 actually, and remember what they said it's not the year model it's the mileage 😂 have no desire to chase women anymore, especially since 69% of them are just gold diggers with a victim complex you can't leave alone for more then a day or two before they run off with another man and all your money. Half have the personality of a glass of lukewarm tap water and I'm sorry if pussy is the only thing you bring to the table I don't have much desire for you. Getting your dick sucked constantly and f****n ya brains out like rabbits is great till your on month 5 of nothing but ramen noodles and fast food.  I get bored too easy for that. 

And according to our families no one else has been able to really deal with either of us so 🤦 idk man guess I weird for the last few generations because I really want a family. Good friends, loving wife, kids that will annoy the shit out of me , lotta guns ,few mutts and a good truck and I think I'll be happy.

Also or families have been on our asses about grandkids..

• Like 3
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Weddings and occasions in general can be a funny old thing.

Im a bit of a strange one (surprise !) in that I have always struggled a bit with these “collective fun/celebration” type things.

Also, when you get a few kids wrapped round you it’s an arm and a leg to get anywhere and stay anywhere plus logistics if they are very young.

I have friends who I genuinely class as family who never judged me or batted an eyelid when we couldn’t make their wedding and I have family who have never spoken to us since after we didn’t go to their wedding 5 years ago ! 
Some folks you know it’s going to be genuine and special and some you know it’s going to be a f***ing pantomime….her sister got married and I just couldn’t face it, I threw the 3k it would have cost us to attend in the pot and we all f****d off to Italy instead ! Lol 

That went down like a lead balloon ! Lol 

I am very much the same, To the point my family don't even bother sending me an invite anymore Lol  its not that i don't give a shit but more like i just don't want to go, if you can understand that. The same with funerals, The person has gone, what's left is just early stage compost or soon to be ash, The last funeral i attended, i kind of upset a few people, The cars were late at the crematorium, i asked someone if they knew why. I was told they had taken a detour down some country lanes he liked. Apparently my answer of "what the f**k for, he wont be able to see anything" Upset a few. I don't attend funerals anymore. Hell i am not even going my own Lol

5 minutes ago, paulus said:

I am very much the same, To the point my family don't even bother sending me an invite anymore Lol  its not that i don't give a shit but more like i just don't want to go, if you can understand that. The same with funerals, The person has gone, what's left is just early stage compost or soon to be ash, The last funeral i attended, i kind of upset a few people, The cars were late at the crematorium, i asked someone if they knew why. I was told they had taken a detour down some country lanes he liked. Apparently my answer of "what the f**k for, he wont be able to see anything" Upset a few. I don't attend funerals anymore. Hell i am not even going my own Lol

Lol 

I understand that totally mate.

I paid about £200 each for our wedding rings , and about £300 for her engagement ring , that was 11years ago. It was a registry office wedding , with just our kids , parents , and brothers and sisters , then we all went to a nearby posh foody pub for a Meal( the pub had put up ballons and banners etc that we didnt expect) . The honeymoon was two nights in a b+b in Rhyl. She made her own wedding dress , and I got married in a suit from asda,  that had a posh waistcoat , and silk tie , that she also made. 

We dropped everyone else we know a text afterwards , to let them know that we'd got married . Neither of us could be arsed with the fuss and expense of a big wedding. 

Just be a decent bloke and treat your wife right . That'll make your marriage much happier than spending a year's wages on rings , and a reception , where you don't know half of the guests , and probably don't even like some of them.

My daughters fella came and sat next to me near my pond , one afternoon about three years ago . I could see that he was shitting himself,  and after about five minutes , he asked for her hand in marriage. I thanked him to doing things the old fashioned and respectful way , and pointed out that it would have been more sensible to ask my daughter first , because he'd just moved into our house because of covid restrictions,  and if she told him to feck off , it would be a very uncomfortable few months until he could move back out😁.

He proposed to her a couple of weeks later , and she said yes . She showed me the engagement ring . It was a bit blingy , but nice enough.  The fool paid about 7k for the ring , when they were supposed to be saving a deposit for a mortgage 😕

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mel b said:

I paid about £200 each for our wedding rings , and about £300 for her engagement ring , that was 11years ago. It was a registry office wedding , with just our kids , parents , and brothers and sisters , then we all went to a nearby posh foody pub for a Meal( the pub had put up ballons and banners etc that we didnt expect) . The honeymoon was two nights in a b+b in Rhyl. She made her own wedding dress , and I got married in a suit from asda,  that had a posh waistcoat , and silk tie , that she also made. 

We dropped everyone else we know a text afterwards , to let them know that we'd got married . Neither of us could be arsed with the fuss and expense of a big wedding. 

Just be a decent bloke and treat your wife right . That'll make your marriage much happier than spending a year's wages on rings , and a reception , where you don't know half of the guests , and probably don't even like some of them.

My daughters fella came and sat next to me near my pond , one afternoon about three years ago . I could see that he was shitting himself,  and after about five minutes , he asked for her hand in marriage. I thanked him to doing things the old fashioned and respectful way , and pointed out that it would have been more sensible to ask my daughter first , because he'd just moved into our house because of covid restrictions,  and if she told him to feck off , it would be a very uncomfortable few months until he could move back out😁.

He proposed to her a couple of weeks later , and she said yes . She showed me the engagement ring . It was a bit blingy , but nice enough.  The fool paid about 7k for the ring , when they were supposed to be saving a deposit for a mortgage 😕

I asked the Mrs dad if I could marry her as I wanted to do it properly as even if he said no I still would have anyway🤣.1st time I met him his first words where f**k me ur a big bugger arnt you haha got on with him ever since.theres a spot we walk and like so did the walk and got down on 1 knee xmas day which surprised her as I'd always said I'd never do it like Xmas day valentines etc.Got some funny looks off a few people walking past when she was booing looked like we'd had a barney 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I asked the Mrs dad if I could marry her as I wanted to do it properly as even if he said no I still would have anyway🤣.1st time I met him his first words where f**k me ur a big bugger arnt you haha got on with him ever since.theres a spot we walk and like so did the walk and got down on 1 knee xmas day which surprised her as I'd always said I'd never do it like Xmas day valentines etc.Got some funny looks off a few people walking past when she was booing looked like we'd had a barney 🤣🤣

That's exactly the same thing that I said to my daughters boyfriend when I first met him 😄.

When she first brought him to the house , she said please be dressed dad , as years before she'd brought a boyfriend home , and I was sat at the kitchen table , wearing my pants , with blood up my arms , cleaning a gun or sharpening a knife (too long ago to remember now). The main thing that I remember about her previous boyfriend,  was that he was never really very comfortable around me , and I always had the feeling that he'd bolt like a rabbit if I moved too quickly 😄.

I can't really remember proposing to my wife , but she's been making me cry ever since we got married 😄.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, kanny said:

I paid a lifetime of not receiving any blowjobs for her ring...it was fine before I bought the ring 🤷

Reminded me of the old joke,,,,, what’s the difference between your wages  and your dick ,,,,,,, your wife will blow your wages weekly for life 

• Haha 3

Regarding rings I win, 61 in a month and never even been engaged in my life, never saw the point and rearing a family always had better things to spend the money on 

Proposed to my wife in the Guinness brewery in Dublin, it seemed apt, my family worked in the brewery for many years, 2 great aunts and some cousins ..plus its my surname! Lol ...There's a massive post it board with notes from people all over the world, the generic "I love Guinness, it's my favourite beer" from Klaus Germany...etc

I didn't plan the moment, but had the ring on me as we were having a short break after my lad had been born... I saw an opportunity of not having to get on one knee and cheese it out ..so wrote "will you marry me" from Kev, Exeter...🤣..on a post it, put it up and directed her towards it.... as she read it and turned round all watery eyed etc...my mate, a chippy, called me about a job... "give us a minute mate I'm in the middle of proposing"! Lol

We went up to the 360 degree bar at the top, she was looking at her ring, putting her hand out in the light, acting all girly and giddy.... thrusts her hand out for another look and promptly knocked my complimentary pint of Guinness over and drowned me in it... about right for us...lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

We got married abroad, said to our family and mates this is where we are going and if you wanna come great, if not no worries... ended up 35 coming with us to St Lucia, plus our 3 kids... was brilliant, we had a great holiday, got married and back on the beach in the afternoon... suited us completely, cost us around £4k all in, was looking at £20k - £30k if we done the church, reception, car, food, cake....blah blah... oh and our rings, mine is a cheap silver band, £15 I think, she got married in a cheap silver band tenner maybe.. it ended up going green so I got her a nice one a few years later.... I'm still wearing my cheapy....

You gotta do what suits you mate, you can't put a cost on it, as a few have said it's what you do after your we'd that counts ..

Did the same as you mate....abroad in Ibiza on a secluded little beach at sunset little restaurant on the beach did the reception...my sister married us as she was a registrar...

• Like 2

My wife proposed to me in a round about way, she simply said I’d like to get married before we have kids and while my Granny & Grandad are still able to be there, so I said alright then and as I say it was only after I had got the hump that a year later we did.

Registry office and spent our money on the photos to keep, photographer committed suicide a couple of years later…..magical ! Lol 

• Like 1