• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sure is addictive. I now have a scout, evo, wasp and just got the gear I need to cut the bands. I can't hit a barn mind. Though I made my self a natty couple months ago. Then twigged by accident th

It's such a buzz  

if you do get to grips with it you will love it, I always pick up catty and ammo alongside dog leads. it makes mooching even more enjoyable. 

Posted Images

Buy a cheap frame , make a catch box and practice practice practice and them some more practice and even more practice. Watch some YouTube vids on anchor points ( how to hold and line up and take aim properly). It's hard at first and then the penny just drops and as dan Cain says it's addictive. When I shot my first quarry it was a woody and a real red letter day. Something natural about hunting with catty, I feel closer to nature then with a gun. Just my take on it, plus you get less myther mooching about or jumping the hedge. 

• Like 3

Be carefull mate it can be highly addictive if you have an addictive nature.lol. The wasp is good value for money my favourite is the wolf wasp. Its a great buzz especially when you pull a good shot off on quarry you are after. A chap called Wayne Martin on YouTube has some good vids on catapults and hunting with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Be carefull mate it can be highly addictive if you have an addictive nature.lol. The wasp is good value for money my favourite is the wolf wasp. Its a great buzz especially when you pull a good shot off on quarry you are after. A chap called Wayne Martin on YouTube has some good vids on catapults and hunting with them.

Hahaha unfortunately i do have an addictive nature. One of these thats all in once i start! Already have lurchers, rifles, shotguns, air rifles so im sure a catapult needs to be added to the arsenal. Just love being out in the countryside. Rather be out than sat on the couch i know that!

• Like 2
On 28/12/2023 at 22:53, Daniel cain said:

2 of my local fishing/gun shops stock a good selection of frames and accessories,lots of lads on eBay making frames/band sets etc..surprising how many folks are into it...there's a few members on here that make some cracking frames and are more than happy to help folks out,its not as bitchy as the dogs😉👍

Love that the Dogs 😆. Are lass said a thought lasses in the horse game were bitchy lol But you guys top it off she says 😆 

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, Neal said:

I really like the scout types. I tried a few others early on but could never be bothered with the faff of putting new bands on. The scout makes that side of it so much easier.

Good frames the scout and ease of changing the bands with an old one pence piece instead of an alum key.

• Like 3

I've got one of those smaller ones too as the original scout doesn't fit in a pocket as easily, but I prefer the shape of the original in my hand. I also prefer to fire hex-nuts as I don't drop them as easily from the pouch.🤭 

It sure is addictive. I now have a scout, evo, wasp and just got the gear I need to cut the bands. I can't hit a barn mind. Though I made my self a natty couple months ago. Then twigged by accident that my reference point needs to not be the corner of the frame but due to my fat head lol needs to be a few mil to the left. My natty had a blemish on it there and I just tried it and started hitting stuff. Also holding my little pinky out like posh git drinking a cuppa has helped with consistency 

IMG_1015.PNG.d4e121cf9f9da0f228e65944b6bba6c8.PNG

IMG_1016.PNG.6e85a20001f01fe7aebbe027d3c8ef7d.PNG

IMG_0894.JPG.e91f3f8b4c95d3b59261613361067a77.JPG

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, terryd said:

It sure is addictive. I now have a scout, evo, wasp and just got the gear I need to cut the bands. I can't hit a barn mind. Though I made my self a natty couple months ago. Then twigged by accident that my reference point needs to not be the corner of the frame but due to my fat head lol needs to be a few mil to the left. My natty had a blemish on it there and I just tried it and started hitting stuff. Also holding my little pinky out like posh git drinking a cuppa has helped with consistency 

IMG_1015.PNG.d4e121cf9f9da0f228e65944b6bba6c8.PNG

IMG_1016.PNG.6e85a20001f01fe7aebbe027d3c8ef7d.PNG

IMG_0894.JPG.e91f3f8b4c95d3b59261613361067a77.JPG

don't worry terry we keep a tight ship here, won't tell anyone about your uperclass tendencies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have got over the urge to buy anymore catapults though I have been fancying one of those titan hunters I think they call them that are wrapped in paracord. The wife just rolls her eyes know when I tell her I am expecting a delivery of steel balls or a small parcel drops through the letter box with made up bands. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive settle with im going to order the wasp enzo starter pack this week. Do i need to add anything with it like different band sets before i order. The band sets it comes with ate for 8mm ammo by looks of it. Is 8mm good enough to hunt with. If so am i better off with steel or lead? Didnt realise what i was getting myself into thought i would just be getting a catapult and job done. Didnt realise the ammount of variations! Head is fried and havnt even got one yet! Hahaha

• Haha 1