Hi lads this topic has probably been covered numerous times if i bothered to look but things change all the time. Im wanting to have a go with a catapult just to take along when im mooching through woods etc with the dogs. Where do i start? Had a quick look and didnt realise there was so many set ups out there! Head was fried! Any help would be appreciated! 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sure is addictive. I now have a scout, evo, wasp and just got the gear I need to cut the bands. I can't hit a barn mind. Though I made my self a natty couple months ago. Then twigged by accident th

It's such a buzz  

if you do get to grips with it you will love it, I always pick up catty and ammo alongside dog leads. it makes mooching even more enjoyable. 

Posted Images

I prefer the uniphoxx to the Enzo, better paying extra and having the band clips, it's much better than typing the bands on. don't think the wasp are just for beginners, they are spot on for hunting, I only use uniphoxx now for everything. good luck 👍

17 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I prefer the uniphoxx to the Enzo, better paying extra and having the band clips, it's much better than typing the bands on. don't think the wasp are just for beginners, they are spot on for hunting, I only use uniphoxx now for everything. good luck 👍

Cheers for that mate. What is the difference between enzo and uniphoxx? Enzo also comes with band clamps with the kit for £4 extra. Also what and where is best for ammo? Sorry for all the questions just never used one before. 

5 minutes ago, Stubblebubble said:

Cheers for that mate. What is the difference between enzo and uniphoxx? Enzo also comes with band clamps with the kit for £4 extra. Also what and where is best for ammo? Sorry for all the questions just never used one before. 

there is not a lot of difference, the uniphoxx is a bit thinner and sits better in the hand, but I have small hands. I only use 9.5mm steel, try balls of steel, they are online, or look on Ebay lots on there. if you buy the kit the bands and 8mm balls are well matched. practice with that setup, later you can go for thicker bands and bigger ammo, I like a lighter setup for hunting as my wrists are fxxked. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

there is not a lot of difference, the uniphoxx is a bit thinner and sits better in the hand, but I have small hands. I only use 9.5mm steel, try balls of steel, they are online, or look on Ebay lots on there. if you buy the kit the bands and 8mm balls are well matched. practice with that setup, later you can go for thicker bands and bigger ammo, I like a lighter setup for hunting as my wrists are fxxked. 

Thanks again. Think i will try that set up then and see where it goes from there. Not exactly breaking the bank if i cant get to grips with it. I will order it with the clamps too. 

6 minutes ago, Stubblebubble said:

Thanks again. Think i will try that set up then and see where it goes from there. Not exactly breaking the bank if i cant get to grips with it. I will order it with the clamps too. 

if you do get to grips with it you will love it, I always pick up catty and ammo alongside dog leads. it makes mooching even more enjoyable. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Stubblebubble said:

Thats the beauty of shooting a catty...its not an expensive hobby compared to other field sports,try a few different frames ott( bands shoot over the top of frame) ttf( shoot through the forks) you can make your own ammo,frames,bands it's addictive as f**k to be honest😁and you can take them and shoot them just about anywhere 😉👍DSC_0158.JPG.6675843be7fe4f3f87ce740927a8c657.JPGDSC_0143.JPG.65117ede041638d0b3d4ec018b49b30a.JPGDSC_0142.JPG.df2399a3c409bd1b4eb1ffc7156df65d.JPG

• Like 4

2 of my local fishing/gun shops stock a good selection of frames and accessories,lots of lads on eBay making frames/band sets etc..surprising how many folks are into it...there's a few members on here that make some cracking frames and are more than happy to help folks out,its not as bitchy as the dogs😉👍

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

2 of my local fishing/gun shops stock a good selection of frames and accessories,lots of lads on eBay making frames/band sets etc..surprising how many folks are into it...there's a few members on here that make some cracking frames and are more than happy to help folks out,its not as bitchy as the dogs😉👍

To be totally honest with ya ive never even looked to see if any in local gun shops or anything. Never really been one for these forums and social media im clueless. Haha. Where bouts in country are ya like daniel? Aye that dog crack can go life n death with some people man and half em dont have a clue! Haha