Yemen and the Red Sea

16 hours ago, chartpolski said:

It’s genuine Harley Davidson, they just outsource their accessory manufacturing, just like most companies, Barbour, Hunters  Welly’s , etc.

If you were to boycott ALL Chinese products you’d soon be walking around naked , cold, hungry and most likely no ‘phone !

Sadly that’s the way of the world now…..

Cheers.

Hopefully times will change now that we've started to realise by buying , plus having our items manufactured by other foreign countries. That it's not benefiting us in the long run ie our economy. The government have realised this with oil so now setting up over another 200 sites to pull oil from under our own sod. A don't think it will make a big difference but at least we're moving away from over seas. More off shore power sources too for energy. A just don't get why we're cutting jobs on the steel side. That's a stupid way to go forward. Something about wanting greener steel. We need to cut all trade with China and crush them that way. Same with Russia for oil. At the minute Russia are feeling it in the pocket. We definitely know that. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing we can send British navy into action in the red sea but they can't patrol our southern border 

I don’t mean this as a dig at anyone, it’s a genuine thought so here gos….. Actually, who gives a f**k or why do we give a f**k ?……. The U.K. is absolutely f****d, as in f****d !……I was talk

Tax has never been higher, car insurance has doubled as far as I can tell. They're getting more than their pound of flesh whilst we live in austerity swamped with illegal migrants....an underfunded so

Posted Images

15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve never ever been badly after a chinese or seen anyone i’ll after a chinky? 

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Chinese restaurant syndrome is still listed in the dictionary; Merriam-Webster.com recently tacked on an...

Another one for you mc yet again. Take them blinkers off mate 😆 🤣 

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Hopefully times will change now that we've started to realise by buying , plus having our items manufactured by other foreign countries. That it's not benefiting us in the long run ie our economy. The government have realised this with oil so now setting up over another 200 sites to pull oil from under our own sod. A don't think it will make a big difference but at least we're moving away from over seas. More off shore power sources too for energy. A just don't get why we're cutting jobs on the steel side. That's a stupid way to go forward. Something about wanting greener steel. We need to cut all trade with China and crush them that way. Same with Russia for oil. At the minute Russia are feeling it in the pocket. We definitely know that. 

Nothing will change, most of the uk companies knocking out stuff just buy it from China rebadge it and put a massive mark up on it screwing us the consumer. Lets be honest even "British made" products probably use machinery manufactured else where or the materials produced in some far off land.

I'm sat here in my office with a lap top made in China, parts manufactured in the Philippines, mobile made in China and desk designed in Sweden but yep you've guessed it made in China christ even the paper clips are made in China. Google every day products around you its a eye opener.   

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Nothing will change, most of the uk companies knocking out stuff just buy it from China rebadge it and put a massive mark up on it screwing us the consumer. Lets be honest even "British made" products probably use machinery manufactured else where or the materials produced in some far off land.

I'm sat here in my office with a lap top made in China, parts manufactured in the Philippines, mobile made in China and desk designed in Sweden but yep you've guessed it made in China christ even the paper clips are made in China. Google every day products around you its a eye opener.   

That’s exactly how it is,the bigger picture.

10 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Manufacturing is often outsourced to China but its not a case of rebranding a Chinese design. Industry in the West has transitioned from being a manufacturing base to being a tech and service base. Tech companies design world leading products and then simply leverage superior Chinese manufacturing. It’s not even just a price thing anymore, often the quality is better than Western options.

Does that have complex geopolitical and social consequences, probably yeah, but it’s not fair to say that all we do these days is buy foreign and stamp a Union Jack on it.

I've got more than a sneaking admiration for far Eastern people.They seem very positive and resourceful people to me. In measures of racial  IQ they come out on top and in measures of criminality, they come bottom.

The Chinese have transformed not only their own economy but vast sections of the West's economy too in an incredibly short period of time.  When the Chinese economy falters shock waves are felt throughout the world.

But I fear them too. They have fingers in every conceivable pie and continue to grow their defence, or offence?capability. Still a way to go to match America, but according to the smart money there is going to be an almighty   'happening' over Taiwan in the not too distant future. That's going to be a situation I'm not looking forward to.

12 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I've got more than a sneaking admiration for far Eastern people.They seem very positive and resourceful people to me. In measures of racial  IQ they come out on top and in measures of criminality, they come bottom.

The Chinese have transformed not only their own economy but vast sections of the West's economy too in an incredibly short period of time.  When the Chinese economy falters shock waves are felt throughout the world.

But I fear them too. They have fingers in every conceivable pie and continue to grow their defence, or offence?capability. Still a way to go to match America, but according to the smart money there is going to be an almighty   'happening' over Taiwan in the not too distant future. That's going to be a situation I'm not looking forward to.

The ausies will bomb any issues there with our kit on our behalf if requested 🤔

11 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Manufacturing is often outsourced to China but its not a case of rebranding a Chinese design. Industry in the West has transitioned from being a manufacturing base to being a tech and service base. Tech companies design world leading products and then simply leverage superior Chinese manufacturing. It’s not even just a price thing anymore, often the quality is better than Western options.

Does that have complex geopolitical and social consequences, probably yeah, but it’s not fair to say that all we do these days is buy foreign and stamp a Union Jack on it.

Not being pedantic but I did actually say "most UK companies" and that is the case Im afraid. Take a look around you, you would struggle to find one item that is entirely UK made. Even if it was produced in the UK the likely hood is the materials, machinery or parts used in the process come from abroad.

The mark ups being charged are ridiculous, as a example I very rarely go into my local fishing tackle shop now and purchase end tackle. The products may well be designed in the UK but they are manufactured in China and then rebranded (some cant even be bothered to rebrand) and "carp tax" is added. Paying ridiculously more for a British design manufactured in China when you can buy direct from the likes of Temu is nonsensical. 

£22.06 and £59.99 spot the difference ? 

£22.06.jpg

£59.99.jpg

Edited by TRUEBRIT66
2 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Not being pedantic but I did actually say "most UK companies" and that is the case Im afraid. Take a look around you, you would struggle to find one item that is entirely UK made. Even if it was produced in the UK the likely hood is the materials, machinery or parts used in the process come from abroad.

The mark ups being charged are ridiculous, as a example I very rarely go into my local fishing tackle shop now and purchase end tackle. The products may well be designed in the UK but they are manufactured in China and then rebranded (some cant even be bothered to rebrand) and "carp tax" is added. Paying ridiculously more for a British design manufactured in China when you can buy direct from the likes of Temu is nonsensical. 

£22.06.jpg

£59.99.jpg

Its the the same with Ridgeline clothing i was led to believe it was made in New Zealand until i saw the small tag saying made in China i also believe the Deerhunter clobber is also made in China.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

£22.06.jpg

£59.99.jpg

I didn’t say most UK companies don’t.

Of course you partly pay for a brand but you’re also paying R&D. The point is that cheap one wouldn’t exist if the expensive one didn’t. It’s not just a case of buying Chinese and stamping a flag on it. Manufacturing is the final stage of the process, not the whole process. 

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I didn’t say most UK companies don’t.

Of course you partly pay for a brand but you’re also paying R&D. The point is that cheap one wouldn’t exist if the expensive one didn’t. It’s not just a case of buying Chinese and stamping a flag on it. Manufacturing is the final stage of the process, not the whole process. 

I agree Dyson are a prime example of R&D, designed in Britain but manufactured in Singapore so personally I no longer consider it a British product.   

But we have to accept making it is the part of the process that creates the most revenue and we are outsourcing it for greed and in turn becoming heavily reliant on countries like China whilst removing our abilities to manufacture our own goods, which was my point.

• Like 5

The arguments about gutting Britains manufacturing base has been done to death so I won’t go over it again.

But I’ll ask a question, who thinks that Britain outsourcing everything from steel to food production and everything in between will be coming back to bite us on the arse in the not too distant future ? 

We needed massive input from the United States in WW2 and that’s when we made stuff, had an empire and only 44 million people in a bigger agricultural country……we’d be absolutely f****d now surely ? 

Knowing how to design a gun won’t be much good if we can’t actually cut up the bits, assemble it and get it out there when whoever comes knocking ?

Having a million acres of passive house council estates won’t put a single loaf of bread on the table ? 

We are massively vulnerable due to policy over the last eighty years aren’t we ? 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

The arguments about gutting Britains manufacturing base has been done to death so I won’t go over it again.

But I’ll ask a question, who thinks that Britain outsourcing everything from steel to food production and everything in between will be coming back to bite us on the arse in the not too distant future ? 

We needed massive input from the United States in WW2 and that’s when we made stuff, had an empire and only 44 million people in a bigger agricultural country……we’d be absolutely f****d now surely ? 

Knowing how to design a gun won’t be much good if we can’t actually cut up the bits, assemble it and get it out there when whoever comes knocking ?

Having a million acres of passive house council estates won’t put a single loaf of bread on the table ? 

We are massively vulnerable due to policy over the last eighty years aren’t we ? 

Agree 100% but what boils my piss is outsourcing it, badging it up, selling it for a 150%+ profit and then moaning you don't buy British. We then start bomb some shitty little country because supply lines are a little disrupted, Its more treacherous than the Chinese IMO.

• Like 4