Sciatica

43 minutes ago, king said:

A.P. webb is about 30 miles from me mate..he's advertising for operators all the time.

I remember asking you about them a while back..you said they do a bit for you..

Webbs do all our work mate, if you ever think of trying with them drop me a pm

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In terms of routine basic back maintenance we can all do more with simple exercises,posture and building a stronger core but unfortunately its the kind of thing most people dont pay any attention to u

I put my back out yesterday again. Thing is I know what makes it a risk, I know how to stop not being a risk, but I go in a cycle because of work and other things! When I am eating well and exerc

My back is shot to pieces .  I have major permanent sciatica on the left hand side, and I haven’t really been able to feel my left foot for years . The only thing that has ever held it at bay is walki

Posted Images

I put my back out yesterday again. Thing is I know what makes it a risk, I know how to stop not being a risk, but I go in a cycle because of work and other things!

When I am eating well and exercising regularly I have no issues whatsoever. I keep this up while work is quiet. 

When work gets silly busy my exercise and eating well goes out the window, usually twinned with increased drinking, longer hours, more travel and sat on my arse longer days.

Site I'm trying to hand over next week has been hectic for about 2 month now and I have been all but living there. On Monday I said to one of the lads on site, my back is guna go soon because i knew I wasn't keeping up the maintenance. 

Low and behold on Wednesday pulling some cables for a genny....POP.

Had my back go a number of times now since f***ing it up when I was 20, so I knew this was only half a POP which might be recoverable. I'm struggling and in pain but not completely crippled. I can manage if I keep moving.

For me personally I've tried drugs, acupuncture, physio, chiropractor (very very expensive). The only LONG TERM fix is being healthy!

When I eat well and exercise I have zero issues. I'm not talking hours in the gym, good brisk walk first thing in a morning 20-30mins or so then some cardio or free weights or just stretching. Mainly its about getting into a regime and making a good habit of it. 

Everyone is different but for me personally when I'm being consistent with exercise I have no issues at all. That's already my plan once my back is fixing this time.

Then will go into next cycle at end of March as next job comes to a close!!!!

• Like 7

In terms of routine basic back maintenance we can all do more with simple exercises,posture and building a stronger core but unfortunately its the kind of thing most people dont pay any attention to until it breaks.......last year i had a few stem cell sessions where they shoot stem cells directly into the discs to regenerate tissue ive had amazing results with it in my elbow joint as well.....its just not something they'll do on the nhs so the treatment gets overlooked.

Actual injury or damage will always need correcting but for general wear and tear theres so much more people can do with just a little knowledge and motivation to do it.... before it breaks.

• Like 8
20 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

I put my back out yesterday again. Thing is I know what makes it a risk, I know how to stop not being a risk, but I go in a cycle because of work and other things!

When I am eating well and exercising regularly I have no issues whatsoever. I keep this up while work is quiet. 

When work gets silly busy my exercise and eating well goes out the window, usually twinned with increased drinking, longer hours, more travel and sat on my arse longer days.

Site I'm trying to hand over next week has been hectic for about 2 month now and I have been all but living there. On Monday I said to one of the lads on site, my back is guna go soon because i knew I wasn't keeping up the maintenance. 

Low and behold on Wednesday pulling some cables for a genny....POP.

Had my back go a number of times now since f***ing it up when I was 20, so I knew this was only half a POP which might be recoverable. I'm struggling and in pain but not completely crippled. I can manage if I keep moving.

For me personally I've tried drugs, acupuncture, physio, chiropractor (very very expensive). The only LONG TERM fix is being healthy!

When I eat well and exercise I have zero issues. I'm not talking hours in the gym, good brisk walk first thing in a morning 20-30mins or so then some cardio or free weights or just stretching. Mainly its about getting into a regime and making a good habit of it. 

Everyone is different but for me personally when I'm being consistent with exercise I have no issues at all. That's already my plan once my back is fixing this time.

Then will go into next cycle at end of March as next job comes to a close!!!!

Weak legs that are causing that mate try doing wall squats for 5/10 mins per day when your in your bad routine will help massively 👍

12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

In terms of routine basic back maintenance we can all do more with simple exercises,posture and building a stronger core but unfortunately its the kind of thing most people dont pay any attention to until it breaks.......last year i had a few stem cell sessions where they shoot stem cells directly into the discs to regenerate tissue ive had amazing results with it in my elbow joint as well.....its just not something they'll do on the nhs so the treatment gets overlooked.

Actual injury or damage will always need correcting but for general wear and tear theres so much more people can do with just a little knowledge and motivation to do it.... before it breaks.

I’ve been told that my sciatica (and a few other injuries) would be much worse if I didn’t have that benefit of training when I was younger. 

I don’t train at all these days and I’m still fitter than kids half my years.

I just have a gammy limp and a face my mum hates :laugh: 

• Haha 1

I did manual work all my life a popped a disk 3 times and pulled muscles in my back many times. Last time popped I was ferreting didn't want to kneel down in the rain bent right over pop gone. It is extreme pain. Laid in bed for 3 or 4 day pissing in a milk bottle and cant get comfortable. Had Diclofenac pills from the doc and co-codamol but its still hell. What helped the most was getting a new good firm mattress IMO in my case an Emma.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Popped a vertebrae according to osteopath, happened tacking ceiling when it went I hit the floor completely winded with sheet of plaster board on top of me lol

Osteopath put things back 3 days later I was back working 💪 her bill was tax deductible as well. NHS would have taken weeks to sort I reckon.