French Foreign Legion

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did You touch His? 🤣

School friend of mine joined,he lived with his dad when we were kids,his dad was an alcoholic and abusive,he didn’t have a good home life and certainly wasn’t academic. I left Sunderland and left th

When I went to Borstal in the early 90's,they would assign a prison officer to new arrivals, mine was a mountain of a man called Mr.Harvey(Vince), got talking as you do and explained my dad was a Para

4 hours ago, steve66 said:

last time i was home mack visiting family it was barely recognisable for what i remember , nice to see my grans old tower block still standing on Hendon road 

certainly a rough place back in the day    

I can understand the fondness of the memory but it's never good to see tower blocks mate. Battery cages for the poor imo. They must be the cause of a lot of mental illness . If I was  ever was down on my luck and ended up in one of those, I would last one night, get myself down to Millets, buy or nick myself a tent and hike to  the nearest wood and pitch up. Without a doubt.

I had a couple of aunties re housed in tower blocks. It was a fate worse than death for them. Piss in the lifts and plagued by anti social little toe rags. They should make the architects of those places actually live in them.

Bring back the Coronation St houses they replaced . They had a real sense of  community and identity.

8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I've slept rough a few times when I was a youngster. Didn't enjoy it. It wasn't a lifestyle choice .😁

Oh yes - done that mate. Dad was a hard b*****d and I was a stubborn prick . It caused issues that we can laugh about now but, I still love him though.

• Like 2

Remember a lad at the pit who had spent time in the legion he was a complete nutcase who once raced the paddymail to the pit bottom with an heavy machine part on his shoulder that needed to go up the pit for repairs. I only knew him by the nickname he had been given at the pit that was Beau Geste .

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You'd need a good reason to travel to Byker  :icon_eek:

My missus is from Byker .

I used to drink in the Butchers, The Raby, the Key Club and an old mate of mine owned the Wolsey, the Railway and the Cons Club next to Byker Bridge . 
Shields Road used to be a great place to shop and drink years ago, pre Byker Wall.

Cheers.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My missus is from Byker .

I used to drink in the Butchers, The Raby, the Key Club and an old mate of mine owned the Wolsey, the Railway and the Cons Club next to Byker Bridge . 
Shields Road used to be a great place to shop and drink years ago, pre Byker Wall.

Cheers.

Good for bike shops, and I trained at a good gym at Shipley Hall for a few year circa 2000, the metro journey from North Shields and 100 or so yards from Byker metro station to the gym had to be planned with military precision at times just to avoid potential instantaneous extinction 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Good for bike shops, and I trained at a good gym at Shipley Hall for a few year circa 2000, the metro journey from North Shields and 100 or so yards from Byker metro station to the gym had to be planned with military precision at times just to avoid potential instantaneous extinction 

I spent a lot of time in Angelo’s Scooter Shop at the bottom of Shields road in my mod days !

Cheers.