What career path would you have trod if….

2 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Gynecologist if , I didn't have massive fred elliot hands with pork pies for fingers 

There are areas in Essex where you’d be useless at that job if you didn’t ! Lol 

• Haha 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a very moving funeral yesterday im in a somewhat reflective mood and reading through this topic i realise that through all the if's,but's and maybe's we can only make the best of who and what we

My obsession with dogs and poaching in hindsight was my downfall as a career and job's mostly played second fiddle. The job I wanted on leaving school was working for British Steel as it was good mone

If I never ended up in Borstal at 15...then I would of joined the military like my Dad🙄 I dont have many regrets in life tbf ...the choices I made were all my own...you make your bed you lie in it...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

It wasnt just office furniture they assembled, the one I knew assembled electric circuit boards; basically push component  “A” into hole “B”, place in plastic bag, put in box. More than likely fully automated now or done by kids in China.

Cheers.

The one near us made cardboard boxes.

I was too thick to get a job there 😂 

Cheers, D.

7 hours ago, mackem said:

My body clock gets me up at 5am and I have a cup of tea in my hand by 5.15 am I can’t imagine being asleep at 8 am.How long did you train to be a matador or was it sporadic as and when?

I think it's over egging the pudding for me to claim I trained to be a matador. I followed the bulls anywhere I could. I trained with amateurs and went to a few tientas which is the testing of the breeding cows on the ranches, which are the only chance for anyone to get practice with a live animal. What I did gave me a greater understanding of what I went watching. 

Yeah I just went when I got chance, at the most 6-7 times a year, some years much less 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

After a very moving funeral yesterday im in a somewhat reflective mood and reading through this topic i realise that through all the if's,but's and maybe's we can only make the best of who and what we are.....and as a young lad in the areas i grew up you amounted to nothing if you wasnt willing to take chances so as extremely boisterous,high energy,driven and very motivated young men chasing money myself and a few pals fell into crime and a couple of us did very well through life but having lost around 12 years in total and pretty much all of family life not a day go's by i dont wish id grown up in rural Berkshire and done a 9 to 5 job as a Postman.........we can all only play the hand we're dealt as best we can but with hindsight, no amount of wealth/power can ever rectify the feeling of a life of regret.

Good post that

My old man’s lot all grew up in post war London and were involved in different levels of crime - not an excuse but being poor seemed to be their motivation

As they say, life must be lived going forwards but can only be understood backwards

• Like 3
3 hours ago, WILF said:

Good for him mate, people don’t realise the incredible effort it takes for autistic people to do things that we would all regard as “normal” 

Sound like the firm he works for are a decent lot.

The one great worry I have in life is the future of my autistic son, he's as bright as a button and as strong as an ox for his age but as soft as butter, the most loving child any parent could ask for, the true apple of my eye. But I fear the thing that makes him the beautiful human he is will be the thing that allows him to be taken advantage of and cause him pain. 

I know yourself and a few other lads on here have autistic kids so can relate. 

• Like 10
Just now, dogmandont said:

The one great worry I have in life is the future of my autistic son, he's as bright as a button and as strong as an ox for his age but as soft as butter, the most loving child any parent could ask for, the true apple of my eye. But I fear the thing that makes him the beautiful human he is will be the thing that allows him to be taken advantage of and cause him pain. 

You are definitely not alone with that one mate ;) 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

After a very moving funeral yesterday im in a somewhat reflective mood and reading through this topic i realise that through all the if's,but's and maybe's we can only make the best of who and what we are.....and as a young lad in the areas i grew up you amounted to nothing if you wasnt willing to take chances so as extremely boisterous,high energy,driven and very motivated young men chasing money myself and a few pals fell into crime and a couple of us did very well through life but having lost around 12 years in total and pretty much all of family life not a day go's by i dont wish id grown up in rural Berkshire and done a 9 to 5 job as a Postman.........we can all only play the hand we're dealt as best we can but with hindsight, no amount of wealth/power can ever rectify the feeling of a life of regret.

Did they not have postmen in East London then? A lot of the lads Ive known from round that Area wouldnt want a straight days work if it was offered to them.One of my pals up there even told me its a mugs game working for somebody else.

35 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What is the cause or causes of autism mate?

I've two young lads one (younger)is a tough cookie the elder who's been through hell and back is lovely and too nice, I think people , kids find their level , the youngest I'm hard on and insist on sharing and kindness , the elder one I tell to stop being nice and tackle lads or whatever, we're all different characters. It's definitely a worry for parents .

Edited by Borr
  • Like 1