Non peds

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little Mary, mid 60’s; One of the all time greats; only 23lb but would win 32lb scratch races against dogs and bitches. Sired by the pedigree whippet Bilko, but dam was bred greyhound

Max’s two young bitches; Both out of the same coursing bred bitch, but the fawn one is sired by the pure saluki, Snickers, and the black one sired by the non-ped Sky Warrior. It will b

Back on track. Perhaps the greatest non- ped stud dog, Supreme Racing Champion Good As Gold; Cheers.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you still into the whippets chart ? 

I still go to the races, but I haven't got a whippet, just the deer/grey, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a non-ped whippet x Greyhound for a bit of racing and run a hare or two.

Cheers.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I still go to the races, but I haven't got a whippet, just the deer/grey, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a non-ped whippet x Greyhound for a bit of racing and run a hare or two.

Cheers.

Do you have your eyes on any current studs charts anything that stands out to you..

5 minutes ago, dodger said:

Do you have your eyes on any current studs charts anything that stands out to you..

There's a dog called Lord Snooty which is about the best around just now. I've seen it run and met the owner, he consistently breeds top class Scratch dogs. If I was looking for a stud for my Deer x, ( which I'm not, she's far to young), I'd certainly ask to use him.

As for a whippet/grey, I'd just see what was about and as usual, do my homework before committing to a pup.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Lord Snooty pedigree;

IMG_2191.PNG.e268d94894bb4bbd1d1500e748b3a48a.PNG

Notice how the same dogs turn up in the whippet side, Rch Kentucky etc, as other top non-peds, then look at the Greyhound side, Head Honcho, Westmead Hawk, Larkhill Jo, etc......

The best of breeding on each side.

This is why you do your homework.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 7
23 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Lord Snooty pedigree;

IMG_2191.PNG.e268d94894bb4bbd1d1500e748b3a48a.PNG

Notice how the same dogs turn up in the whippet side, Rch Kentucky etc, as other top non-peds, then look at the Greyhound side, Head Honcho, Westmead Hawk, Larkhill Jo, etc......

The best of breeding on each side.

This is why you do your homework.

Cheers.

all in the breeding chart f**k them scattrrbreds lol

I recently tried to get hold of a non ped pup but the racing fraternity are very suspicious of people they don't know. I enquired about a few litters but was given the bum's rush.

I had a little non ped bitch 30 odd years ago only 17 inches. Without doubt the best day time rabbiting bitch I had ever had.

I did manage to get hold of a KC racing bitch. Very feisty. She has a cracking prey drive and can't see her making over 17 inch.

These are fabulous, selectively bred, canine atheletes,...and they have now possibly reached their zenith and for the task they have been created for,they are nie-on perfection...🙏However,..if used as roustabout hunting dogs,..they need to be treated with the greatest respect, and due to their inate prey drive, one often has to watch out for their safety,.... and obviously,...run them accordingly....👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Geoff Fletchers dog, Jack The Lad;

IMG_2189.JPG.ce29db05337fbf347ff4b22b9008abd8.JPG

A Racing Champion in his own right, and sired some top class non-ped racers, and some top class Beddy/whippet/grey lurchers.

Cheers.

Was grand father to my bell bobs paddy  jack the lad was it's sire to it 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I would have liked to see my old 3/4 working whippet 1/4 staghound in a race but she only liked the real thing.

20180110_124636-1.jpg

spot on them, once they got the teeth on live stuff , you right they want it more lol

• Like 1